Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @VickyEltonGreen I am so glad you were able to see your coworkers. We need those social interactions. I don't think I realized how much I missed some of them until we connected during a Zoom meeting.

For me, the pandemic nightmare began officially March 9th. I've been praying and pressing on ever since. Thanks for the words, and like you, I will be sending up prayers for comfort, peace, health and happiness.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    @BethCW2963 love the pics!! i can totally relate! :D
  • BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    @supersparklyk Greetings! I too am trying to eat a more plant-based diet and have a big love affair with veggies and legumes. You might find some good ideas here (this is one of my favorite "foodie" websites: https://www.eatingwell.com/search/?q=plant-based+recipes - best of luck in your journey to a healthier you.

@ashleydhill777 Hello from Guam and Welcome to the group. I, too, have played the "gain a lot of weight back" game and I am also starting over. You have picked some great goals and I look forward to seeing your progress!

@MuttiNM You are a huge inspiration to me! Your latest bike ride sounded like a lot of fun, even though a bit wet. I haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid but I fondly remember those days and growing up in the country I rode a great many miles. Have a great day!

@reesegrace1 You've picked some great goals! I also used to be a coffee and diet soda drinker (Pepsi for me), but I quit a few months ago and now I just naturally find myself drinking lots more water. Have a healthy, happy month!

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @AstraL12 hey twin! We have almost the same stats - I'm also 29 and 5'2", and I was 239.8 at my last weigh-in for February. I'm aiming to lose a pound per week this year, expecting to finish 2021 at 196 lbs. We can do it!
  • supersparklyk
    supersparklyk Posts: 84 Member
    @BethCW2963 Thank you for the link! I've already scoped out a few recipes I want to try - black bean tacos, shiitake mushroom "BLT's" and pineapple nice cream. Yum!
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @BethCW2963 Yes, my ride was fun and the hills made it a bit more challenging. When I first started my weight loss this time, I made a list of things I wanted to do once I lost weight. Riding a bike was one of those items. It was a big thrill last year when I finally felt I had lost enough weight to try and get on a bike again. Before that, I don't think I had been on a bike in 37 or 38 years. I was pretty nervous when I first got on it, tbh. It was a while before I felt confident enough to ride by myself. I wouldn't go unless my son was available to go with me, which wasn't too often. Eventually I tried some short easy trails by myself and by the end of summer, I was riding 5 or 6 days a week on the rail-trails around here. It definitely makes me feel like a kid again, even though I'm far from a kid! :)

I never drank coffee but I drank tons of diet Coke. I quit that when I started this journey to improve my health. Since then, I only had soda once. Otherwise it's all water all the time. I couldn't envision life without my diet Coke but apparently it's possible. :smiley: (I do have milk on my cereal but since I don't really like plain milk, I don't drink it with meals.) You have a great day as well!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Good morning ladies! I hope everyone's March is off to a solid start. We're starting to see signs of spring here in southern Louisiana and it makes me want to get outdoors and do stuff.
    I'm still placing myself firmly in the direction of a plant-based diet and finding that I like it. I still occasionally eat cheese, but I have increased my vegetable and legume consumption tremendously. If anyone else in this thread eats plant-based and has any good recipes, I'd love to hear about them. That has been a challenge for me: figuring out what to prepare, mostly for dinner, when my husband and son are home. They're not as enthusiastic about this as I am, so I try to find recipes where they can add some shrimp or ground beef if they want.

Age 52
    Height: 5'9''
    February weight: 309.4 (and falling :) )
    March weight: 302.3

Roughly 95% of the time, I eat a plant-based diet. Every now and again I may eat something sweet (maybe cake) that has eggs or milk, but that's rare. I am big on searching the web for recipes/ideas, which is working well. I'm trying to incorporate more vegetables and eat healthier overall. I will send you a friend request to share my go-to recipes. Also, my hubby eats chicken, fish and turkey, and there are several of my dishes that he loves. I can relate to your dinner challenges.

• supersparklyk
    supersparklyk Posts: 84 Member
    @Laughter_Girl Thanks! I'm new to the whole plant-based thing and have been watching all sorts of videos about it. So far so good, and I'll look forward to your recipes!