JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Made it my two days back in office woot woot! It went better than expected, and I actually really enjoyed parts of it. But also, I'm happy to be back working from home until next Tuesday. I have laundry mountains to do and it will help to be at home to change out the loads. Gorgeous sunset today for my (indoor) bike. I'll try to post a photo. Happy hump day all!

@PackerFanInGB I just switched from a FitBit to an AppleWatch and I have the same issue. You have to meet a certain threshold for it to automatically count which sucks, especially when you’re starting slow. Go into the Workout app and pick the closest option to the exercise you're doing, click Start and then the red X when you’re done. That works better for me.

Glad to hear it went well back in the office! I miss my job and my teammates. I miss the social aspect of work!

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't heard of the Workout app. I usually use Map My Walk, but I'm going to check out the other just to compare. :smiley:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Set up schedules.
    3. Classes: Likert. Writing. Chapter 3.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE LATE WORK. Publish blog post.
    5. Lunch: Salad. Read 20 pages Invisible Women.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Walk after school. Livestream. Shoot P&P.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January:
    End of February:
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today is theoretically going to be nice in the afternoon.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2021
    Why is it, I can do so well for like 4 days, sometimes even 5, which I did last week. Then I think I am "strong" enough to pick up a box of ice cream, and easter peeps. When I am in the grocery store, I feel good. I am proud of myself because I've had 5 really good days. So I think .. I will buy these, and only eat a very small bowl of ice cream; I will only taste the peeps. Only to devour everything in like 2 days. That is the story of my weight loss attempts this year so far. I will lose weight when I am careful.. when I limit my nite time snacking, and then I think I have more willpower than before. Why do I think that I can limit my snacking when I have that kind of junk around. So ... I have to resist buying it when in the store, no matter what!

But I am back... and tonite I am going to try and read back and respond to SO many posts I have missed.

I have been super busy with yard work .. that is the plus side. I averaged about 15 bags of leaves the past 2 days. And work has been crazy .. so by the time I get on here, I am exhausted, and barely got my goals listed .. and many days, met all the goals except forthe nite time eating. But for me, thats the worse because I can easily add on 500 calories in a evening!

But the good news is that hubby and I will get our first pzifer covid shot this saturday!! I hope this means hubby will allow our daughter in our house! Right now, he is not even letting her come over, because she is actually treating covid patients. She has had both her shots, but he thinks she could pick up covid and give it to us. We argued today about at least letting her be outside.. but he is just so scared. Tonite on the news they talked about covid anxiety. I think this is what he has!

Anyhow, posting my goals. The ice cream is gone. The peeps are gone.

My biggest obstacle is nitetime eating ... I am getting better at the water

And @TerriRichardson112 .. thank you for posting the little water drops! I could not figure out how you guys get those .. a great way to keep track of the challenge!

JFT, Thursday March 4

1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5 fruits and veggies
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothe, to have more energy, to not dread going someplace because of having nothing nice to wear that I feel good in.
    7. go for a walk
    8. Plan the entire days food in the morning -- stick to it!
    9. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything. [/quote

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:💧💧💧💧💧
    March:💧💧💧
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2021
    @Bex953172 so many posts to respond to from you! I love the mirror .. whatever color you decide it will look great. And what happened to Baby Casey!!! Can she really be 3 .. OMG!!! How the years have gone. And she has blond hair?? From what I remember from her baby pictures ... didn't she have tons of really dark hair? I love the walk pictures you posted today also ... so peaceful and beautiful! Your little girls and beautiful little girls, and Ash looks like a nice man! Good looking guy you have there!
    Your mental health affects so much .. I am glad that you took 2 months to work on that. I find that for me, excercise is the best thing for my mental health.

@WellingTX -- I so admire you. No matter what, you seem to bounce back. You are a perfect example that this is a journey .. we don't have to be perfect everyday, in fact, we can't be perfect. And like your post said one day .. you have to try something new. I love this quote from you "It's an opportunity to improve not a reason to start tomorrow." You are doing great!

@Snowflake1968 -- great job on the new sink! I'm sure you love having everything back in place and neat and tieded up! Looks so nice!

@jeschepp; I'm starting to realize how much of my mood was based on food. Bad day=have a tasty meal to feel better, great day=have a treat to reward yourself. This may sound weird but it's almost like a loss having to disconnect feeling better from what I eat. Or relying on high calorie foods to feel better.
    This is SO me. If I go for a walk in the morning, and feel good, I tend to eat so much better. Its the evening I struggle with .. I think all the stress and problems of the day get to me. Have to figure out a way to stop this. I am anxious for daylite saving time to end ... meaning its light out longer, and I can walk in the evenings also.
    I missed about your grandfathers fall .. I hope he is recovering.

@cschmitz - my daughter loves the virtual online races .. almost better than the real ones. She finished 3 half-marathons online, and now is doing a full marathan. Its like you said.. she just logs her miles, and even gets a tshirt and a medal. I walk with a gal who likes to walk a lot of miles, so when I walk with her, its always more than 6 miles at a time. We are up to walking 8 miles now .. which takes us about 2.5 hours. But it goes fast. You are doing great ... I remember you always did so many races, etc.

@PackerFanInGB - happy to see you back, and congrats on the weight loss. Every pound counts, but more importantly, the habits that are being changed!

So many more to respond to ... you are all doing great!
  • mytime6630
    teigansdad wrote: »
    Man I’m really floundering... I’ve been good (for the most part) with exercise, I’d give my self a C- since January as far as eating/nutritional goals, maybe trending just above that but not good enough for a C in the last two weeks.
    Oh well just laying that out there.

Tuesday goals
    Stay Under caloric goals
    Zwift ride tonight
    Pull ups & resistance circuit
    No booze or beer

I am the same way .. love to walk, so for that I would get a A, but its the nite time snacking that get me. But I would give you a A+==== you are still here, still trying.
    It is a lifetime of habits that we are working on... so we can't expect to be perfect all the time. You are doing great .. we are all in this together
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2021
    10 Clever Ways to Stop Eating Late at Night

Identify the Cause. Some people eat most of their food late in the evening or during the night. ...

Identify Your Triggers. ...

Use a Routine. ...

Plan Your Meals. ...

Seek Emotional Support. ...

De-Stress. ...

Eat Regularly Throughout the Day. ...

Include Protein at Every Meal.

Things I need to work on even more each evening!
  • mytime6630
    fk5e5khikcc4.jpg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 so many posts to respond to from you! I love the mirror .. whatever color you decide it will look great. And what happened to Baby Casey!!! Can she really be 3 .. OMG!!! How the years have gone. And she has blond hair?? From what I remember from her baby pictures ... didn't she have tons of really dark hair? I love the walk pictures you posted today also ... so peaceful and beautiful! Your little girls and beautiful little girls, and Ash looks like a nice man! Good looking guy you have there!
    Your mental health affects so much .. I am glad that you took 2 months to work on that. I find that for me, excercise is the best thing for my mental health.

I know she's a big girl now!! And she's potty training too, going well too fast! And yeah it's a weird colour of hair now, it was very dark at first but now it's like the lightest brown/darkest blonde you could have, it's actually my natural hair colour lmao but my hairs not been natural for yeaaars.

Yeah that walk is a couple of roads away at the back of our house and it's massive! Much much bigger than I expected. I darent let the dog off though, I fear I'd lose him!
    Casey was at nursery so we didn't take her on the walk, I don't know if she would of made the distance lol thank you for the nice words about my girls and Ash. I love them all very much x
  • Bex953172
    I am soooo tired this morning, watched a docu-series called Don't F... With Cats til the early hours.
    It was a good docu-series, sad and grim to watch in parts. Fell asleep so I'll have to go back and watch the rest.
    I won't go into what the guy did but a few of you probably know about it with it being based in Canada (Toronto and Montreal)

But I stayed up far too late though.

Thursday
    - Log all food
    - 8 waters
    - exercise
    - Tidy the house!

>>March Water Challenge<<

❌❌💧
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 3 March

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

☁️☁️☁️ The beautiful weather has gone, it’s cloudy today but no rain. ☁️☁️☁️

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 4 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 939 Member

JFT Wednesday 3rd March

Log everything Forced myself to keep logging, even though it wasn't good
    Stay in the green just wasn't going to happen when I couldn't move about much, 1660 calories
    Back exercises no
    Walk. It's really cold today! no
    Tidy away all the papers I left lying last night yes
    Gratitude with a bit of gritted teeth lol...I'm grateful my bank tries it's best to stop customers being scammed and losing money, even if it did take me almost 2 hours on the phone to prove I wasn't scamming myself

Yesterday wasn't the best day. I was tired and in a huge amount of pain, so I only did indoor things and didn't walk, it was a bitterly cold day anyway. There were good parts of the day though. My grandson fell and had to go to hospital as it was possible he was seriously hurt but luckily he will be fine. My family agreed with the accounts I've written. I'm still trying to pay out to the beneficiaries of my Dad's will, didn't think it would be this difficult. Will try again today, at the counter, may have to go by car if I can't manage the walk.

Today I'm still in lots of pain, will list my goals anyway and see what I manage

JFT Thursday 4th March

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk
    Bank
    Mum's shopping
    Gratitude

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

March challenge - Daily back exercises
    2/3
    Disappointed that I'm behind on this already!

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 939 Member
    @MLHC1 That is a huge list of green ticks, you are doing great!

@mytime6630 I'm glad you are getting your vaccinations, hopefully it will calm your husband's anxiety.
    I'm still waiting on mine, had 2 "false alarms" today. First I had mail which looked like it would be an appointment, but was something else entirely, then I actually had a phone call from the hospital appointments team. I thought that was definitely it! But they were wanting to make an appointment for an xray I require. Sigh...third time lucky maybe :)

@littleblackskirt - it must feel great to have some of the paperwork finished for you Dad's estate, are you seeing a light at the end of the tunnel?

I do feel like I can see the light! As soon as I manage to make the payments, I can file it away and it's done. I'm so glad.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member

Stay Under caloric goals✅
    Zwift ride tonight✅
    Pull ups & resistance circuit✅
    No booze or beer✅
    Make scheduling phone calls✅
    Place vacation request✅

Had a good day yesterday... starting to feel physically better as well.
    Gotta work this weekend so not psyched about that
    Goals for Thursday

Stay Under caloric goals
    Zwift ride tonight
    No booze or beer
    Stop at store after doctors appointment
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFT 3/3/2021
    1) Log my food for the day :s
    2) Water Challenge (8 glasses) :s
    3) No Diet Coke :)

JFT 3/4/2021
    1) Log my food for the day
    2) Water Challenge (8 glasses)
    3) No Diet Coke
  • Bex953172
    Today is going so slowwww, I feel like I've done a lot but nothing of what I actually need to do.
    The water challenge is good but honestly I'm constantly weeing! Does that settle down once I drink 8 cups regularly? Feel like I'm never out the bathroom!

Having a coffee now and gonna try get some serious cleaning done
    Ash said he's doing dinner tonight thank god. So hopefully I can get the majority of it done. It's just tiring.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    JFT 3/3

Playing catch-up today since I didn’t post yesterday.

Wednesday is my toughest workday, with a busy morning and a block of back-to-back classes from 2-6 PM. My husband is in charge of organizing takeout for dinner. His choice entirely, so I never know what to expect. Last night was kung po chicken, shrimp with mixed vegetables, and brown rice – all things I enjoy, but a challenge to log. My best guess put me in the red, but no matter. It was a lovely meal, and I appreciated the break.

A younger me would have tried to micromanage and fretted over the calories and sodium. Acknowledging and confronting my inner control freak has been hard, often much harder than sticking to an eating or exercise plan. In some ways, the past year has intensified the challenge – so many things beyond my control. I could either sink in frustration or give myself – and others – a little grace. So I’m working on stepping back and letting go with humility and gratitude. It’s a process.

Daily goals March 1-7:
    • Log: 3/1 √ 3/2 √ 3/3 √
    • Bike or walk: 3/1 W50, 3/2 B30, 3/3 W45
    • Reflect and post: 3/1 √, 3/2 √, 3/3 X

Tuesday, 3/2
    • Check on Mom - √
    • Pick up order from S - √
    • Finish fridge and freezer - X
    • Reorganize pantry – This will be a lengthy project, but I made a start
    • Recycling goes down - √
    • Clear kitchen counters of clutter - √
    • LMS updates - Minimal

Wednesday, 3/3 – Didn’t set or post goals, but I did manage to log my food and get my walk in.

Thursday, 3/4
    • Finish fridge
    • Work on pantry reorganization
    • Make lasagna
    • Start on next batch of essays
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

JFT Wednesday 03/03/2021

✅Mini-AM Errands (Grocery pick-up & bank)
    ✅Enjoy coffee-time
    ✅Self-care
    ✅Attend Chem 4314 in-person
    ✅Mini-PM Errands (mailbox & delivery ZC pens)
    ✅Health Appt
    ✅Elliptical 30 min session
    ✅Yoga 45 min session
    ✅BBL DVD 20 min session
    ✅Enjoy my children's personalities
    ✅Be kind and patient
    ✅Make Spaghetti for Dinner 😊
    ✅Youth Church Night
    ❌Start Chem 3308 Exam Note Cards!!!!⭐➡️ spent time on the phone w/ hubby who has been out of town for more than 30 days 😔
    ☑Maintain reasonable calories➡️ Technically still in the green according to MFP but I do not like to eat back my exercise calories; yesterday I had a drop in my blood sugar so I had a PBJ to correct it. But hey, those things happen, Lol 🤣
    (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

JFT Thursday 03/04/2021

Enjoy coffee-time
    Self-care
    Start Chem 3308 Exam Note Cards!!!!⭐
    Attend Chem 3308 virtually
    FHS Meeting
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    BBL DVD 20 min session
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Leftovers for dinner 😊
    Maintain reasonable calories
    (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

I realize my potential and am living to my standards. My achievements are honest and a result of my efforts. I reject negativity that would otherwise interfere with my success. I am not perfect but my daily goal is to maximize my 24 hours everytime.

Thank you all for the kind words and support!!🌷

You all keep rockin!!! We are ALL rockstars in our rock show!!! ⭐😎⭐
  • PackerFanInGB
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    10 Clever Ways to Stop Eating Late at Night

Identify the Cause. Some people eat most of their food late in the evening or during the night. ...

Identify Your Triggers. ...

Use a Routine. ...

Plan Your Meals. ...

Seek Emotional Support. ...

De-Stress. ...

Eat Regularly Throughout the Day. ...

Include Protein at Every Meal.

Things I need to work on even more each evening!

This is totally me! I don't even get hungry until 2pm. The majority of my intake is after 5pm I really need to find a way to turn this around also.
  • PackerFanInGB
    JFT Goals 3/3/2021:
    1. Drink 64 oz water. :)
    2. 30-minute walk with dog.  :)
    3. Do the next No BS course module online. :)
    4. 24H Plan and Assess. :)
    5. Journal :)
    6. Errands/To-Do's: *Taxes *Mail Marge's package *JoAnne's for 3 yds fabric *Walmart run for Rx and few other items *Rx @ Holmgren office :)
    7. 15 minutes self-care :)
    8. 15 minutes of self improvement research (stealing this idea from WellingTx :) ) :s

JFT Goals 3/4/2021:
    1. Drink 64 oz water - Fill 2 Qt pitcher & place in plain sight.
    2. 30 minutes of activity
    3. Hand Weights - Find video on proper technique and start slow. (This will help with arm shaping and controling lymphedema in right arm.)
    4. Do the next No BS course module or vision board replay
    5. 24H Plan and Assess.
    6. Journal
    7. Errands/To-Do's: *Taxes *Mail Marge's package *JoAnne's for 3 yds fabric *March budget
    8. 15 minutes self-care
    9. 15 minutes of self improvement

I am grateful for:
    1. Faith and answered prayers
    2. Mom feeling better from abscessed tooth
    3. Hot water and hot showers

What is one small change I can make today to help with my weight loss?  
    I will swap garlic toast for 1slice of wheat bread with dinner tonight.

WOTY 2021: Intentional   I will be intentional in my choices!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends...