Advice of gaining vs anxiety

Hi, I am underweight male 5ft 6/7inchs and fluxuate between 47/48KG's. I know I need to eat more calorie dense foods and increase the frequency of meals and snacking. In terms of activity I have currently stopped all cardio but still incorporate walks (10,000 steps) a day. No resistance work until the gyms open for me also and work a desk job.
Question is, if I try and stop my walking or reduce steps I seem to feel fear/guilt/anxious? has anyone experienced this and how did you overcome this?
Thanks in advance..

Replies

• Sportertje354
    Sportertje354 Posts: 50 Member
    Understandable, this video is a bit over the top for my taste, but basically:

https://youtu.be/obdd31Q9PqA

Sounds like you have some issues to work througj, which you may need help for, no shame in that basically

but in the meantime try to keep training unless you really can't

Problems come and go,
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 120 Member
    I am sorry to hear you're struggling. I would urge you to seek professional help beginning with your family doctor. Anxiety is real and can be successfully treated and managed. I really believe you need to begin there.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Do you have a previous ED?
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    I agree with the other posters - well done recognizing and acknowledging your anxiety! A talk with the doctor is certainly helpful and I will list a few other things that have helped me:
    - Meditation/breathing (I thought this was hooey for a long time...it does help even if for just a couple of mins a day)
    - Writing down all of my worries, no matter how small and "silly" - especially right before bedtime
    - Spending time in nature, just a slow walk through a quiet park paying special attention to the birds, trees, squirrels (the squirrels are especially entertaining)
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Hi, I am underweight male 5ft 6/7inchs and fluxuate between 47/48KG's. I know I need to eat more calorie dense foods and increase the frequency of meals and snacking. In terms of activity I have currently stopped all cardio but still incorporate walks (10,000 steps) a day. No resistance work until the gyms open for me also and work a desk job.
    Question is, if I try and stop my walking or reduce steps I seem to feel fear/guilt/anxious? has anyone experienced this and how did you overcome this?
    Thanks in advance..

I assume you are choosing to stop walking to try and reduce the amount of calories burned and let more of them go to weight increases?

How many calories are you taking in on the average day?