Insanity 2021!

Replies

• dolorsit
    dolorsit Posts: 92 Member
    Just looked at a video of the fitness test. Wow, if the rest of it is anything like that, respect!
  • katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    dolorsit wrote: Β»
    Just looked at a video of the fitness test. Wow, if the rest of it is anything like that, respect!

Thanks @dolorsit it is pretty intense, a well named program πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
  • katylockett
    Day 49: Fitness test. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Switch kicks: 90 (+4 on last test & +26 on 1st test).
    Power jacks: 59 (+1 on last test & +17 on 1st).
    Power knees: 101 (+5 on last test & +24 on 1st).
    Power jumps: 45 (+14 on last test 😱, +22 on 1st.
    Globe jumps: 11 (+1 on last test, +4 on 1st).
    Suicide jumps: 16 (+1 on last & +6 on 1st).
    Push-up Jacks: 28 (+6 on last & +18 on 1st).
    Plank oblique: 70 (+14 on last test 😱, +26 on 1st).

Absolutely wrecked and delighted in equal measures 🀣 Month two jumps and core work are clearly paying off, amazing! Happy Monday πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Bl00dy heck girl! That progression is mad!
  • katylockett
    Bl00dy heck girl! That progression is mad!

I know right! I'm so pleased with my numbers πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ˜
  • katylockett
    Day 50 😱: Max Interval Sports Training. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I only realised this morning as I'm staring at my calendar looking forward to doing my favourite insanity workout (max interval circuit), I did the wrong workout on day 48 πŸ™ˆ It should of been max interval sports training, not interval circuit! So today I had to switch workouts (oops!).
    It was really good to have a new workout though and this one is so different, I really enjoyed it! New moves like the knee pulls (omg the one hand touching the floor knee pull had my glutes on fire πŸ”₯). I think I did so many power jumps yesterday that my body was like, nope not today, because I did not have much power on the jumps today and let's just say, I'm not going to be a gymnast any time soon 🀣 this set was the toughest for me 😬 I loved the boxing set, made me feel bad a#s and the core section was good to do the same exercises as in the max abs. All in all, a great workout to change things up and I was wrecked by the end πŸ‘πŸ‘ Have a great day!
  • katylockett
    Day 51: Max Interval Plyo. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I felt a bit drained today, but still gave it my all! I didn't feel I did as well on the floor work but my power jump game is definitely improving πŸ‘ Day 51 done. I need my arms to step up for tomorrows gizillion recovery push ups 🀣πŸ’ͺ its on! Have a great day ☺️
  • davidbarnett852
    davidbarnett852 Posts: 4 Member
    I've been eyeing up insanity on Amazon. It's very daunting though so it has stayed in my viewed items list so far :smiley: Kudos to you and the others here who have done it
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    @katylockett WOW! I just read your entire thread today and you are knocking it out of the park.

I'm glad you aren't using the scale as a measure of success. Measurements and pics too are the best.

Although Insanity is a bit too much for me (I used to do the plyo stuff 10 years ago but now I can't)..knees suck.

I am inspired to start a similar daily program, just lower impact.

I can't wait to see your 60 day results.

Congratulations on your hard work and thanks for the inspiration!

• youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I love insanity! Have been doing it on and off for years! It is a great feeling to accomplish the workouts, look at the schedule and realize you. Did. The. Whole. Program. But even when I only do a month I feel amazing at pushing myself through it. I find it increases my running speed(I am and always will be slow, but it helps).

Right now I am incorporating month one workouts into my week 2-3 times. Like I said, I love the workouts, I love when I realize I didn’t stop or modify through a whole workout, and with it being winter right now it gives me choices when the windchill gets too high to run or walk for the times/distances I would prefer.

Enjoy!!
  • katylockett
    I've been eyeing up insanity on Amazon. It's very daunting though so it has stayed in my viewed items list so far :smiley: Kudos to you and the others here who have done it

You should take the plunge @davidbanett852 It is tough, but the results are worth the commitment of pushing play! All the best to you when you go for it!
  • katylockett
    edited March 2021
    @katylockett WOW! I just read your entire thread today and you are knocking it out of the park.

I'm glad you aren't using the scale as a measure of success. Measurements and pics too are the best.

Although Insanity is a bit too much for me (I used to do the plyo stuff 10 years ago but now I can't)..knees suck.

I am inspired to start a similar daily program, just lower impact.

I can't wait to see your 60 day results.

Congratulations on your hard work and thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks @bebeisfit β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘πŸ‘ I sure am glad the scale was not the only measurement I was going by, the inches lost have been amazing!

I believe the max 30 has a low impact modifier - I've been having a nosy for the next challenge, although I can't help wanting to go through this one again πŸ™ˆ I really enjoyed a lot of the workouts!

Thanks again, your comment, it inspires me to get to the finish line, digging deeper of course 😊
  • katylockett
    I love insanity! Have been doing it on and off for years! It is a great feeling to accomplish the workouts, look at the schedule and realize you. Did. The. Whole. Program. But even when I only do a month I feel amazing at pushing myself through it. I find it increases my running speed(I am and always will be slow, but it helps).

Right now I am incorporating month one workouts into my week 2-3 times. Like I said, I love the workouts, I love when I realize I didn’t stop or modify through a whole workout, and with it being winter right now it gives me choices when the windchill gets too high to run or walk for the times/distances I would prefer.

Enjoy!!

Thanks @youngmomtaz 😊 It is great isn't it! I will definitely be using quite a few of the circuits going forward, if not giving the full cycle a go again - I'm really interested to see how far I can go with a second time around! I too have noticed a difference when I've been out running, πŸ˜‚ my usual run seemed easy compared to this, a real bonus, I've obviously got so much fitter!

Thanks again, the finishing line is in sight and I'm so excited to see what my final fit test results are and my final measurements 😊
  • katylockett
    Day 52: Max Cardio Conditioning and Insane Abs. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I almost did it again today πŸ™ˆ My fitness may have got better my my ability to read my calendar has deteriated πŸ˜‚ I was convinced it was a Max recovery day πŸ™„ Thankfully I caught it this time before doing the routine! I had to do today's workouts mid shift as I didn't have enough time before work this morning - a mid shift workout really takes a lot from me, as my mind is on major sabotage mode πŸ€” ' how can I get out of this' 😬, but I pressed play and got on with it πŸ‘
    I started with the Abs workout today to see if my form would be better that way round and yes, I wasn't hurting my back as much and my form was better. I was totally wrecked after the Cardio Circuit - I couldn't see at one point for sweat in my eyes (eew πŸ˜°πŸ€£πŸ‘€πŸ™ˆ) but really glad I gave both workouts my all and I still have the gizillion push ups to look forward to tomorrow πŸ˜΅πŸ˜‚ I hope every one is having a good day 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    Ew!
    πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ‘πŸ‘Š
    And so pleased you found a good modification that suits you and your circumstances πŸ™‚
    Go you!
  • daychallenger
    daychallenger Posts: 1 Member
    I was doing Insanity like 5 years ago.. omg for a weeks couldn't get thru full workout! but finally did it, and the joy was incredible :) not mention results!
  • katylockett
    Ew!
    πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ‘πŸ‘Š
    And so pleased you found a good modification that suits you and your circumstances πŸ™‚
    Go you!

Thanks @skinnyrev2b I'm still searching for those abs πŸ€£πŸ™ˆ I'm sure they are in the somewhere! 🧐
  • katylockett
    I was doing Insanity like 5 years ago.. omg for a weeks couldn't get thru full workout! but finally did it, and the joy was incredible :) not mention results!

I agree @daychallenger The progress and seeing the results of all the hard work is an amazing motivater! Can you remember what your end results were?
  • skinnyrev2b
    They're there, never fear!
    But also- think about all you've achieved rather than what's still to be done. That'll put it in perspective!
  • katylockett
    They're there, never fear!
    But also- think about all you've achieved rather than what's still to be done. That'll put it in perspective!

Totally! Thanks @skinnyrev2b I need to use this thinking, I'll remember it πŸ‘
    Oh gosh, it's an after work workout today 😬 it's going to take some 'not thinking, just get moving' to get going.
    I've got this! 'I love push ups, I love push ups' arghhhh πŸ˜‚