NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @cbabie Great job! Yes, that is exactly how I feel...I'm asking myself if I'm crazy, am I remembering things wrong? I know I'm not though. Thank you for your support.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! It sounds like you had a nice birthday. Oh dear, that poor little girl! I'm glad she's okay. What a beautiful puzzle.

Hello all. Well, I didn't do that much better yesterday: I grabbed handfuls of peanuts but did have a healthy soup for dinner with a light grilled cheese sandwich. The soup took forever to make, lots of chopping of veggies. I'm glad it turned out well.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited March 2021
    @cbabie You'll find your way. That's great you got out there and moved your body.

@renaegry That sounds cool. The best thing I like about my Versa right now is the Find Phone option. :D I'm always misplacing it. But I'm constantly looking at my phone when I'm exercising to make sure I'm in the right zones.

@teresaw1020 Happy Birthday To You.....Everybody sing...... Well, you know what to do now that you've had your bday meal. You are experiencing lowest weights ever, so keep heading towards those. Yikes on your niece. I hope she's okay. I love the puzzle.

@trooworld 25%. You sound like you had a nice balance to your meals. It really could have been worse. Think about the good things that you ate. There will always be things we can improve on.

My neighbor sent over some cinnamon rolls last night. I couldn't seem to stay out of them so they went bye bye today so I wouldn't eat the last 3. I guess the good news was that I ate those instead of dinner. Think how many more calories I would have eaten if I also had dinner on top of them.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I did not walk yet... I have had a busy morning and will take baby girl out later. It's been real windy and cold here in the mornings and night. However, we got up to 80 yesterday..LOL. I tracked yesterday, and really wanted something like ice cream before bed, but NO was my answer. We have been staying up til midnight...hard to keep out of the food when you are up that long. LOL. Carbs 2% under goal, Fat 12% over goal, Protein 10% under goal... but I tracked. When I do complete button, I keep getting I am not eating enough, but that's because of my steps, I have been hitting 10K or more each day. Not so sure I will today, but we will see.

@theslightedgeforever I am not sure I could have thrown them away...LOL My DD is always losing her phone.

@TeresaW1020 I love the puzzle, but I see how it would be hard. So glad you enjoyed your birthday food and all, you deserved the day of YOU. I know you will stay the course as you have made good habits. Hopefully your neice is good, I worry about that with my 2 year old..they are so curious.

@trooworld I am still working on healing from the words and walking away from my life from this person...but in time, I will be ME again. :). So you too will be. I believe in YOU.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got 25% too. That's true. And there was a nice balance to my meals. Oh dear, your well-intended neighbor. That's a good way to look at it. And you threw away hundreds of calories.

@cbabie 80, that's fabulous! Have you ever heard of "Nice Cream"? It might be a good substitute for you:

Strawberry Nice Cream
    1 1/2 cups unsweetened frozen sliced strawberries
    2 large ripe bananas
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Peel bananas and cut them into 1-inch chunks. Place them in a large zip-close plastic freezer bag. Seal and freeze until frozen solid, 2 to 3 hours.

Place frozen bananas and frozen sliced strawberries in food processor; puree, scraping down side of bowl with rubber spatula. Add vanilla extract and pulse.

Serve immediately or, for a firmer texture, transfer to a container and freeze until ready to serve; allow to soften about 10 minutes at room temperature. Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves if desired. Serving: 1/2 cup

@cbabie I have other "Nice Cream" recipes, let me know if you want them. That's great that you tracked, keep it up my friend! Thank you for believing in me and I hope you heal soon. <3

Hello all. I got my 1st COVID vaccine shot yesterday. My arm is a little sore but that is the only side effect I feel. It was such a relief to get it, I almost cried in the pharmacy. My life has been so affected by COVID (I'm sure yours has, too): I haven't eaten in a restaurant either indoors or outdoors since last year at this time, I have only seen 2 friends and have only seen those friends a total of 4 times in a year, I spend extra money on grocery delivery to lessen my risk, etc. It will be such a relief to get that 2nd shot and be fully vaccinated. On another note, I ate well yesterday but that negative number is staring at me. I can't wait to start over on Friday.

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Just a quick check in. Last few days been good with excercise and eating. Weight is stuck but hopefully within next few days it will budge.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie I gave them away. I have a hard time throwing away food unless it's moldy. Hooray for your tracking. Did you walk? Many years ago, my 2 year old pushed a chair from the dining room up to the kitchen counter and then climbed and got into the highest cabinet where the medicine was located and drank a bottle of Dimetapp. :o Had to have his stomach pumped. At four he was climbing on the roof and tying sheets together so he could climb down from his second story window. I was always amazed at how his mind worked. Funny thing now is he works in risk management as a safety assessor. :D

@trooworld What other Nice Cream recipes do you have? I like strawberry but not strawberry ice cream. Weird, I know. Yaaay for your 1st shot. It will nice to be a little less anxious while we still battle this thing. My friends in FL and TN got theirs and have been fine so far.

@renaegry Your habits are your success. Keep doing those and the scale will follow. Maybe even the tape measure will precede that.

Yesterday was a do nothing day..... But today so far I have tracked and walked 24 min. Little habits add up.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld that is great that you were able to get the shot. I know you have been very cautious this past year so hopefully, you will be able to feel freer once you get the second dose. One of my very good friends finally made it back to church this past Sunday after getting their second shot. It was wonderful to be able to hug her again. :) Mom is supposed to talk to her doctor on the 11th about getting hers.

@cbabie Good for you for tracking and saying no to ice-cream. There is no way I could even have ice cream in my house and not get into it. Yeah, we have to be extra careful with littles. My niece is fine and we are all so thankful. :)

@theslightedgeforever Yup, I’m chasing those lowest weights for sure for the rest of the month. There will be no more indulgences until Easter. Yum to the cinnamon rolls and eating them instead of dinner and good of you to get rid of the rest of them. Was it hard to let something so tempting leave your clutches? :)

Hello! I’m about to leave in a minute to take mom to an eye doctor appointment. I left early this morning and cleaned our Fellowship Hall and had our usual staff meeting. Today, I’m making Keto Buffalo chicken wings for dinner. Pretty excited to see how they turn out. B)
  • cbabie
    AFternoon all, I have been crazy busy today and almost forgot to get on here. I walked to the $$ store, hit the doughnut shop on the way back for the little one..( I didn't get any). I have tracked yesterday and so far today. I had a meltdown at midnight last night, the one that has walked away, made a comment and I just went swirling...in my emotions... so here is my results.. Carbs 9% over goal, Fat 1% over goal, Protein 10% under goal

@trooworld yes more recipes...I have a machine that makes ice cream, with fruit and bananas..would love to hear more of your recipes. I forget I have that stupid machine. Glad you are ok after the shot...I am still in the not getting it phase.

@TeresaW1020 LOL My grandson loves buffalo wings..me not so much. I hope they are good!!! I have my eye appt tomorrow.. I can't wait. My glasses are horrible.

@theslightedgeforever One of my grandsons used to climb on the roof of the house..LOL. I am glad you didn't throw them away and someone enjoyed them.

@renaegry good to "see" you. LOL. I am sure the weight will move...sometimes we are stubborn too, but then we say ok...LOL

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all...still here! Got my second shot on Monday. Pretty much just sore arm & temp went from normal 97.2 to about 97.5 ever day since. Don’t notice anything else. Our teacher dd got her first on 2-15 & OK dd got her first today. Planning to go to OK for gd’s birthday & might even go to in person church on Easter! I am thankful for the weekly online services, tho.

@trooworld Glad you have gotten yours & hope you do OK. I would like the “nice cream” recipes, too. Peanuts & healthy soup both sound good, lol.

@TeresaW1020 Happy late Birthday! Glad you had a good day! Glad your niece is OK. One of our dd’s swallowed a penny..on Thanksgiving! Didn’t choke too much, but had to make sure that came out because of the copper!

@cbabie Sorry you are having so much family stress. Wow, 80’s, we’ve had 55 for our heat wave. It was nice walking tho.

@theslightedgeforever I love cinnamon rolls..not sure I could have given them up, lol. Your son sounds like a couple of my gkids.

Well, not much else for news. My plant based is so-so. Been doing a little better, with small amount of meat once a day. Also, checking if some of my asthma medicines could be raising BP. Stopped some & so far it is doing a little better, so hopefully it will be enough.

• trooworld
    @renaegry Great job!

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I am relieved to get the shot. LOL no worries, I have plenty. Here are some of them:

2-Ingredient Homemade Peach Ice Cream
    2 cups frozen peach slices
    1⁄4 cup coconut milk ((+ 1 tbsp))
    diced peaches and/or mint sprigs optional garnishes

Place the frozen peaches in a food processor and process until peaches have started to break down, 4 to 5 minutes.

Add the coconut milk and process until a creamy and smooth "soft-serve" texture forms. Spoon the soft serve into bowls and serve immediately. Garnish with diced peaches and mint if desired.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Nice Cream
    4 frozen bananas cut into small pieces
    1⁄4 cup cocoa
    1⁄4 cup peanut butter
    1⁄3 cup almond milk (or any milk you choose)
    1 tsp vanilla
    pinch salt

Place all ingredients into food processor or heavy duty blender and blend until smooth. Eat right away or put into freezer for a firmer texture.

Dole Whip Recipe (like Disney's)
    2 cups frozen pineapple
    1⁄4 cup milk of choice (Try canned coconut milk for piña colada soft serve!)
    1⁄16 tsp salt
    pinch pure stevia extract or 2 tbsp sugar of choice
    scant 1 tbsp lemon juice

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Scoop out with an ice cream scoop, or squeeze through a pastry bag, yonanas machine, or a plastic bag with an edge cut off. (If your blender is not super-powerful like a Vitamix, you may need to add a little more liquid and then freeze a bit before serving, or churn in an ice cream maker.) For soft-serve that holds its shape longer, freeze the swirled dole whip at least 20 minutes prior to serving. Makes 3 servings the size of the pineapple whip in the photos.

Smoky spiced chocolate "nice" cream
    4 sprays cooking spray
    4 large slightly firm bananas
    1 Tbsp sugar
    1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1⁄8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1⁄2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Coat grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat or prepare medium-high fire.

Cut each banana in half crosswise; cut each half in half lengthwise. Arrange bananas cut side up on a sheet pan; coat bananas with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper; sprinkle over bananas.

Arrange bananas, spiced side down, on hot grill rack. Grill until well marked, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn bananas over and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from grill. Cut into 1-inch pieces and arrange on sheet pan. Freeze until completely firm, about 3 hours.

Place frozen bananas in a food processor; drizzle with almond milk and sprinkle with cocoa powder. Process on high until completely smooth, 2 to 3 minutes; stop to scrape sides of bowl occasionally. Serve right away (the texture will be similar to soft serve), or spoon into a container and freeze until scoopable, 1 to 2 hours.

Serving size: 2/3 cup

@TeresaW1020 I have "Nice Cream" Keto recipes, too. Let me know if you want me to post them. Yes, it will be so nice to get the 2nd shot. That's wonderful about your friend. I hope your mom can get hers, too. Keto Buffalo wings sound delicious!

@cbabie considering the night you had, going over carbs and fat by that little is amazing! See above for the recipes.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yay for your 2nd shot! I'm glad you will be able to places soon. See the recipes above, I'm happy to share them! :)

Hi all. Miracle of miracles, I'm down -0.8 lbs today. I thought I'd be up. I'm getting off work early today to go pick up my new prescription sunglasses. I can't wait, they are very stylish. Have a good day!

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld, I was looking at the "Nice Cream" recipes and thought it was a bummer that I don't eat fruit because those look yummy. So YES, please do share your Keto recipes. :grin: Yayy for your loss on the scale. It seems I gained as much as you lost. I'm blaming it on my birthday! ;)

@RetiredAndLovingIt I’m glad that you were able to get your second shot and can now see your family and hopefully go to in-person church! Easter is a perfect time. :)

@cbabie Sorry about your meltdown. I hope you are feeling better today and got out and did some walking. Is it spring yet where you are? Our trees and flowers are popping everywhere. I just found a recipe for Buffalo chicken cauliflower mac-n-cheese. That is totally going on the menu for next week. :Grin:

Hi everyone! Well, like I told trooworld, my weight is up .08 lbs. for the week. Could have been worse, so I’m not complaining. I did after all really enjoy my birthday. :) Today, I spent almost 5 hours cleaning the church in the fasted state and came home and just had a Keto coffee. I’m going to make pork schnitzel and sauerkraut for dinner. I’m excited! So, here is something that will for sure gross you out. I walked into the middle stall in the women’s bathroom at the church and a mouse was floating dead in the bowl. About gave me a heart attack! I flushed the little dead dude and bleached the whole bathroom. I also put a call into our pest control company. Not going to keep this cleaning gig long with scares like that. :o:s
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Okay, you can have the keto recipes here you go!

Keto Ice Cream – Just 4 Ingredients! - 4-5 servings
    2 cups canned coconut milk
    1⁄3 cup xylitol erythritol, or sweetener of choice
    1⁄8 tsp salt
    1 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
    optional ingredients for desired flavor

Be sure to use full-fat canned coconut milk, not lite or coconut milk beverage. If desired, you can use the seeds from a vanilla bean instead of the extract. To make the keto ice cream: Stir together the milk, sweetener, salt, and vanilla extract. If you have an ice cream machine, simply churn according to manufacturer’s directions. Or to make it without an ice cream machine, freeze the mixture in ice cube trays, then blend the frozen cubes in a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix OR thaw them enough to then blend in a food processor or regular blender. Eat as-is, or freeze an hour or so for a firmer texture. Due to not having any preservatives or stabilizers, the keto ice cream is best the day it’s made, but you can technically freeze leftovers up to a month and thaw before serving.

Easy Keto Chocolate Frosty - 1 serving
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    5 drops liquid stevia (or sweetener of your choice)

In a medium size bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the heavy cream for a few minutes.

Add the rest of the ingredients, and blend again until the mixture becomes the consistency of a thick whipped cream or frosting.

Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until it’s the consistency you like. Enjoy!

Mason Jar ice Cream - 8 servings
    1 1⁄3 cup raw pecans roughly chopped
    1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
    2 cup heavy cream
    2 tbsp powdered erythritol
    10 drops liquid stevia ((1/8th tsp))
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp imitation butter flavoring ((optional))

In a small skillet, melt butter. Toast pecans until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes, then remove from heat and cool completely.

Combine all ingredients in a wide mouth 24 ounce-sized mason jar. Secure the lid and shake vigorously for 3-5 minutes. The liquid in side should double in volume, filling the mason jar.

Freeze for 3 hours up to 24 hours.

Note: at the three hour mark we found the ice cream to be perfect consistency. If you are freezing for significantly longer/over night be sure to let it sit out for 5-7 minutes prior to enjoying.

• trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I think a birthday is a fine reason to gain weight. ;) I know you will have it off in no time. :D And 0.8 lbs is nothing, you could sneeze and it could come off. Pork schnitzel and sauerkraut sounds really good. Oh gosh, that would have freaked me out, too! LOL

Hello all. I've got another headache today (I had one yesterday) but I'm grateful it's Saturday. The only real things I have to do today are to pick up groceries from Walmart and to get my hair cut and colored. Other than that, I am going to do some crafting. I saw these cute wine tumblers with a midcentury modern theme: hip-looking kitty cats and starbursts on them, so I am recreating them with my Cricut machine. Tonight, we are getting Detroit-style pizza to go. We've never had it but have been curious and there is a place that sells it inside a brewery. Want to know what it is? Don't look if you are hungry or if pizza triggers you, I warn you!!! https://www.eater.com/2016/1/19/10787414/detroit-style-pizza-best-where-to-eat

• cbabie
    Morning all, sorry I didn't make it on yesterday...weird day. I didn't track yesterday either and didn't get my 10K steps in. So starting over again today.

@trooworld Thanks for all the recipes and luckily I really don't eat pizza, sodium makes me swell. LOL. I hope you do craft today..It's a stress reliever for you I am sure..

@TeresaW1020 If I had found that, I wouldn't have gone back in the church. I am deathly afraid of them..I almost made my husband sell this house right after we bought it due to bunches of those... Yes your weight will begin coming off again....you are doing great. I live in AZ

@RetiredAndLovingIt glad you are checking medications...sometimes the side effects are worse than the help. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I'm good with letting somethings go. My problem is letting them go sooner. She sent 16 mini ones. I ate 4 over all. It would have been better to send them away much earlier. That's something to work on.

@cbabie The important thing is that you tracked your food. That's progress. Now you can begin journaling the emotions instead of eating them. Or go walk them out or whatever.

@retiredandlovingit Spring is almost here. I'm ready for spring. I love the flowers that come with it.

@trooworld Thanks for the recipes

• TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever, well the fact that you let any of them go is great! I’m such a huge lover of pastries that I won’t even make Keto recipes unless it’s a special occasion. And there are several really good Keto cinnamon roll recipes out there! :)

@cbabie I’m afraid my church has been dealing with mice and bats for years. Fortunately, I haven’t seen the bats face to face and the animal control that came out last fall said they were all gone. Yeah, seeing the dead mouse was disturbing but I have to realize that working alone in the church I might have to do with creepy critters from time to time. At least he was dead! :# Yes, I knew you were in AZ, but forgot. I met my ex-husband in Phoenix.

@trooworld, the fried pork was super tasty. I’m loving having a cast-iron skillet back in my life! Holy Moly I want that Detroit pizza!! <3 I bet that will be worth every, single calorie. Enjoy!! Sorry that you're dealing with headaches again. :'( Thanks for the recipes! All three look so good. I will definitely be saving them.

Hello everyone! It turned cold again here today, which is a bummer because yesterday was everything I love about a spring day. I did a treadmill walk because I somehow pulled my hamstring muscle and doing 80 Day booty was not going to happen. I’m doing a Zoom call in a little bit with a Christian IF friend who has this Facebook group she is trying to develop. She is also on a thing called Clubhouse. Any of you heard or use that? Tonight’s dinner is a Boston Butt that we bought from a group of boys called Trail Life that meets at our church every week. It smelled so incredible when DH brought it home. I just made my homemade coleslaw to go with it. I make the best coleslaw…if I do say so myself. :p
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I hope today is better for you. Pizza makes me swell, too, but I eat it anyway lol. Crafting is a great stress reliever for me. I don't eat when I'm crafting, either, so that's another good thing lol.

@theslightedgeforever You are welcome. How did you do on water yesterday? I did crappy: 15%.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah cast iron skillets are great! That pizza was amazing! It was worth it. :) That's too bad about the weather. It was really nice here yesterday. Sorry about the pulled hamstring, those are painful. I've not heard of Clubhouse. I hope you enjoyed dinner...sounds good.

Hi all. I had a good day yesterday, I did end up crafting a bit: I made these wine tumblers. I'm very happy with how they turned out. You can't tell, but the starbursts are actually gold so they stand out. I got my hair done and my hairdresser said this is the healthiest my hair has felt ever so I'm going to continue with the scalp massager and coconut oil treatments. The Detroit pizza was so freaking good. It was a very small pizza though: 4 small slices. That's kind of good that it was like that as if it were a big pizza, I would have eaten more. The only thing was it was more of a snack and we ate it at 4:30. By the time 9:30 rolled around, we were hungry again so we ate some fish stick tacos. Today, I may do more crafting, I don't know. Have a good day.

xanm8xxre9td.jpg
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got about 20% today. :(

Hi all. Well, back to work today. Yesterday was nice: I did a little bit of crafting (made a t-shirt) and relaxed. For dinner, we had beef stew in the pressure cooker. It was really good. Have a good day, everyone!

wscqtpy4i23d.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I used to not like coleslaw. But now found it has grown on me. I must be growing up. lol Ouch on the hamstring. I've heard of clubhouse but haven't tried it. I really don't need one more thing to distract me from my goals. Yuck on the mouse. At least you could flush him away.

@trooworld Only 25%. i don't know what's wrong with me lately. I can't just seem to shake it. I love tumblers. So cute. My dd would like those. How does a Detroit pizza differ from a regular pizza? That Beef stew looks so yummy and comforting.

I had my physical therapy appointment for my hip today. Wow, did some of that hurt. Because I also had hurt my knee, I had her show me exercises for that. Alot of those exercises used my core muscle too. She told me to go get an Xray for my knee. I can't decide. Part of me doesn't want the radiation. I just had my hip and pelvis xrayed. In April I will have my mammogram. They will tell me, just continue to rest your knee, or keep it wrapped, or ice it, or whatever. But yet part of me wants to know if it's serious and will cause problems later.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I had halfway typed yesterday, got distracted and never got back. I went for a walk, but didn't track. Back on the routine today. I lost .8 lb. this week..I will take it as it is not an increase.

@theslightedgeforever have your Knee looked at...seriously..remember I didn't. believe I had broken my knee? I still have it buckling on me..Is your hip better? For some reason I thought of Grandma, did she break her hip?

@trooworld Those glasses are too cute. So glad you got to do that. Beef stew sounds and looks great!

@TeresaW1020 Yea no thanks ...no critters for me...I had a gross experience (won't tell you the details). but just know me and critters of ANY kind don't get along..I don't even like dogs or cats..but I have 3 dogs...

cbabie