Lost 166lbs and going strong (pic)

Replies

• rontuueyeslikeafox
    rontuueyeslikeafox Posts: 99 Member
    You are amazing! So inspiring :)
  • tomdelia1
    tomdelia1 Posts: 5 Member
    An amazing accomplishment! I did like your short pixie haircut, though.
  • Oh wow, you are amazing. Thank you for your truly inspiring story.
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    [Absolutely incredible! You are so inspiring - 166lbs!!!!!!! WOW! You definitely are my inspiration I admire you so much xx
  • Inez305
    Inez305 Posts: 3 Member
    You are so inspiring. I am only two months in and whilst I am happy with my progress I am often daunted with how far I have to go. You have shown that big weight loss is possible and I feel I can keep going and will get there however long it takes. 166 lbs is just amazing and you look amazing too!
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    tomdelia1 wrote: »
    An amazing accomplishment! I did like your short pixie haircut, though.

Yes I have covid hair at the moment...lol
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Inez305 wrote: »
    You are so inspiring. I am only two months in and whilst I am happy with my progress I am often daunted with how far I have to go. You have shown that big weight loss is possible and I feel I can keep going and will get there however long it takes. 166 lbs is just amazing and you look amazing too!

Yes I totally understand how daunting it is.. I still feel the same way. I have come this far but still have quite a way to go but you just have to try and stay positive and stay focused on your goal :) I have struggled with weight my entire life and have tried so many different kinds of diets.. I think you have to really want it bad to achieve it.
  • katbat007
    katbat007 Posts: 2 Member
    This is amazing and so inspirational - thank you.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @BeUncommon thank you for sharing your strength with us!
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    BeUncommon wrote: »
    I have lost 166 lbs (11stone, 12lbs) The road has been very difficult and sometimes very painful but I have kept my momentum up to carry on. It is not over and still have quite a way to go but I will get there. It has been a very long time since I have seen myself even at the size I currently am. I came to a crossroad when my Dad died where I made a very important decision, that was to either die as well or to be very strong (like him) and change my life. Awhile back I read a quote online and it stopped me dead in my tracks because it applied to me perfectly.
    "Sometimes the most painful endings, can also lead to the most beautiful beginnings"
    That says it all right there. The most painful thing I have ever had to deal with in life, had given me the strength to change my own.
    For anyone wondering how I am achieving my weight loss it is good old fashion calorie counting. I am counting calories in my sleep...lol Nothing goes in my mouth that I don't know the calories for 🙂 Exercise as well, I walk 3.5 to 4 miles a day. I am walking bone on bone with my right knee as I need a replacement so those miles are extremely painful.. but hey, I am my fathers daughter!! I can achieve anything.
    Doing all this during lockdown has made it even harder but I tell you, I cannot wait for those stores to open so I can get myself a new pair of trainers 🙂

I don't normally like to talk about my weight or anything but If I can inspire one person to keep going then I'm good :)

fpawu8r73483.jpg

Thank you for sharing your story. I know it has motivated many including myself.
    I was about to give up but reading the part about your knee makes me want to try harder myself. Great job.
  • trailrunner64
    trailrunner64 Posts: 14 Member
    Congratulations on your achievements. I am sure if you look at your blood work from the beginning and compare it to now you have improved your metabolic health as well.
  • Coffeelover1264
    Coffeelover1264 Posts: 16 Member
    Wow! You are such as inspiration, congrats to you!
  • TexasRose1820
    TexasRose1820 Posts: 8 Member
    I love the quote you shared. It certainly worked for you, and somehow I feel it applies to my life and weight loss journey as well. You are very brave to share your photos, (I hate looking at myself in photos) but it shows how beautiful you are. Congratulations on your "beautiful beginnings!"
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Thanks for posting BeUncommon. I am just starting out again and have a lot to lose too. Like your words of advice about calorie counting & achieving exercise whilst experiencing pain. I feel obsessive about the calorie counting and worried about exercising with pain, but you have inspired me to get & keep going. You look great, well done ❤️
  • bronwyneliz
    bronwyneliz Posts: 1 Member
    Inspired. <3 Thank you! Keep up the incredible work!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 147 Member
    How incredible. I bet your Dad would be so proud of you!

Thank you for sharing your journey, it's a real inspiration <3
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    Great job. I had a friend that looks like you (Her name is Sue) and I have lost contact with her. I hope she loses weight like you have done. I only need to lose 75 pounds, but that is a lot for me. Right now, I am at 40% BMI.
  • tinaslim
    tinaslim Posts: 48 Member
    WOW...just wow! Thank you so very much for your heartfelt share! Kudos to you!!! You look amazing and I'm sure feel it every single day! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!