What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Looks so good! Recipe?

Thank you! Sorry for the slow reply!

There are TONS of recipes out there but I made mine with browned and drained ground beef, homemade chicken stock, lots of garlic, onion, a can of mild diced green chilis, can of diced tomatoes, drained can of beans, frozen corn, and a batch of homemade taco seasoning. Then at the end I added in a couple big scoops of already-cooked brown rice!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Hubby cooked again tonight. Salad with pears, candied nuts, alfalfa sprouts. Dutch split pea soup pulled out of the freezer that we made to use up the leftover Xmas gammon. Brown bread.
    m0fg2s8tvv87.jpeg
    yj38v5l45azk.jpeg
  • iFartMagic
    iFartMagic Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2021
    Chicken zoodle soup with chicken broth, celery, cilantro, and green onion

w4yr8w7ywk4e.jpg
  • acpgee
    Copycat KFC. Chicken was cooked in the air fryer using the Chicago Tribune recipe for the coating, though I used two parts cornmeal and 1 part potato starch instead of the wheat flour in the recipe. Copycat slaw was lightened by replacing half of the mayo with yoghurt. Copycat Kraft dinner made with penne and some cheddar cheese powder. A side salad with ranch.
    ydttpjzc8846.jpeg
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Acpgee: I'm pretty sure KFC chicken was not made with cornmeal. I don't know how you can get their famous crust the way you are doing it.

Peach
  • acpgee
    One more thing about the copycat KFC coating. Grind the dried herbs such as thyme, oregano and basil in the food processor. Real KFC has little black flecks which I believe are the ground up dried herbs.
  • acpgee
    One more point about the Chicago Tribune copycat KFC recipe.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/recipes/ct-kfc-recipe-test-20160818-story.html
    Next time I make a batch of the spice mix I will reduce the amount of paprika. I tested all of the ingredients separately in a muffin tray under the broiler and the paprika was the first ingredient to burn.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    ACPGEE: Thank you for your comments. I enjoy looking at the photos of your meals each day. As a native of Georgia who grew up in the country, your meals are always interesting.