Non Scale Victories

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Welcome to the Larger Losers group!...we are a supportive and friendly group....join in any conversation, comments are always welcome....it sounds like you have made up your mind to lose some weight!...it’s not always easy but the results are so worth it!....
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    @BethWallace1 you have come to the right place to get some support ! Welcome ! Do you have a tape measure ? If so take your measurements if you haven't already that way even without a scale you can still see your progress in inches as the months go by ! (Our walmart here has tape measures in the sewing dept for around and even under $2 sometimes)
    Can't wait for you to jump right in ! Weight loss begins in the kitchen the more eating habits you can change to healthy ones the better!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I got a walk in yesterday! lol Beautiful weather, warmer, though I should have taken a pair of gloves because my fingers were froze by the time I got back - warm when I left, but as that sun went down, the temps rapidly dropped. Probably won't get one in today, but hopefully tomorrow and Friday as well. I need those walks!
  • conniewilkins56
    I got a walk in yesterday! lol Beautiful weather, warmer, though I should have taken a pair of gloves because my fingers were froze by the time I got back - warm when I left, but as that sun went down, the temps rapidly dropped. Probably won't get one in today, but hopefully tomorrow and Friday as well. I need those walks!

Glad you were able to get out and about...we sure miss your newsy and helpful posts!
  • conniewilkins56
    Now that lockdown has eased up a bit, I borrowed my son's car today and picked up some "new" (for me) clothes from Value Village (a used goods store) and a few things I found on Facebook Marketplace.

Some 3/4 length sleeve light summer blouses - because I have nothing for this summer that fits :smiley: and I'm thinking I want to cover up these upper arms for awhile. And they look pretty good. Don't notice the wings whatsover!

Even better, the summer bottoms - long shorts and some lighter jeans - I bought thinking they would fit come summer - actually fit now! A bit snug, but they fit.

A year ago I was wearing size 24 jeans. Zipping up size 10 pants absolutely floored me.

I am glad you were able to find some new clothes...I put on some capris this morning that are hanging on me like a sack...the p.j.s I wore last night were sliding off my hips this morning and I had to tie my sneakers tighter...I never knew losing weight could be such a pain in the *kitten*!...but believe me, I will take it any day over stuffing myself in too tight clothes!....I really need to buy some clothes but I keep thinking I will wait until I lose a few more pounds!...
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    joone_9 wrote: »
    I wish wish wish I had those problems! Good job ladies! I can’t wait to post a NSV soon..hoping to go down atleast one size in pants but I haven’t lost much inches even with a 30lb loss😒

You might be surprised at how quickly that happens, though!

I was like you. I used to be a size 26/28 in jeans, and I had lost 50 pounds and still comfortably fit in my 26/28 jeans. Was kinda disappointed that I hadn't really lost inches yet.

Then suddenly, it was like it all caught up to me. I lost another 40 pounds, and the inches seemed to melt off. I'm now in size 22/24 jeans, but the 24 are honestly starting to get almost way too loose on me, so, I might be able to start attempting 20s here soon.
  • joone_9 wrote: »
    I wish wish wish I had those problems! Good job ladies! I can’t wait to post a NSV soon..hoping to go down atleast one size in pants but I haven’t lost much inches even with a 30lb loss😒

You might be surprised at how quickly that happens, though!

I was like you. I used to be a size 26/28 in jeans, and I had lost 50 pounds and still comfortably fit in my 26/28 jeans. Was kinda disappointed that I hadn't really lost inches yet.

Then suddenly, it was like it all caught up to me. I lost another 40 pounds, and the inches seemed to melt off. I'm now in size 22/24 jeans, but the 24 are honestly starting to get almost way too loose on me, so, I might be able to start attempting 20s here soon.

And I started in 22Ws, and went pretty quick down to 16 straight and lost 50 pounds in the process. Now I'm plateaued, but I'm moving more so I hope that things unstick soon.
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    For the first time ever, my husband and I were able to cuddle up laying on the couch together!

We were both on our sides, my husband behind me with his chest up against my back, and I was in front on the outside/edge of the couch, and we both fit and snuggled like that for about two hours while watching Netflix!

It was so nice

That's Awesome ! Way to go ! I can't wait till we can comfortably do that !
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @conniewilkins56 Wonderful NSV! So exciting!
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    My NSV is I was able to do the crunches at Barre class last night. When a month ago I struggled to do 1 crunch.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I got a walk in yesterday! Beautiful evening, even if it did cloud over.

I'm not going to get one in today, unfortunately - too much going on. Church tonight plus I need to get to town during my lunch break because I want to make an angel food cake for mom's birthday dinner tonight and realized I don't have any swerve powdered sugar....