Serial Starters

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    I'm so sorry, Lana. I can't even imagine. I'm divorced but it was very different from what you are facing. It was hard but only b/c I was worried about my kids. And it worked out. I'm sending you the best vibes, prayers, whatever you like to call them, that I have--I love that you got into a better place for this evening and I also know you have more ahead to face. Let me know if you want to zoom. I so enjoyed our last chat.

I'm feeling unsettled b/c I'm in an unsettled point in my life. Decisions are made but nothing done yet. A home to sell and another to find--along with a job, a new city, a new community. I roll with life's unexpected dips and drop-offs, and I always manage to land on my feet, but man, can my stomach drop during the ride. Which is surprising, because IRL, my stomach *never* drops. I can do Tower of Death and any roller coaster, and I find the sensations relaxing. My emotional life is a little different.

I was down to 188 today--it will go back up, but that's my lowest weight in over a decade now. I lost another 10 cals in my budget when adjusting my profile, and I've been a total slacker and even fell asleep for a bit after work. It's going to get back up to the 40s and maybe close to 60 over the next few days, so that is exciting.

Have a good evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good afternoon,

My greatest achievement today okay there are 2 but the first was finding a nail file and filing down a section of the table I use for the computer what I put my feet up on (it was not built for that - but I am too short) so that it will stop snagging my socks.

Second achievement was my boss was shocked speechless during a zoom meeting when she found out I had helped a coworker with her work file. We have a new section in our meetings where we can validate our coworkers. Manager was also in zoom meeting, nice to make that Monster speechless and it is not easy.

Missy that post is too adorable. Thank you for being such a great and supportive group.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

vo8xx9bixxkz.jpeg
    *** March 5th ***

Good morning all~~

Maureen - I would love to have another zoom with you. We can talk about your move to NC!

Sara - Glad to hear that Monster was made speechless. And no more snagging socks! Hurray~~

I'm feeling sleepy this morning. I need to scare up some energy 💥

Waving to all who stop by later on.

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    mibje3urbmvl.png

Three Moose meetings last night - Board meeting, regular meeting, nomination committee meeting. Did not have time to eat before we went into the meeting and by the time I wrapped up my other duties, there was nothing left.

All I ate yesterday was a scramble with 4 eggs, 2 ounces of ham, half a cup of chopped onion, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I think the unintentional fast has helped. If I make it until 11 without eating, it will be a 24 hour fast.

Planning a trip to Sam's Club tomorrow. Need some things for home and Moose. Since I have to drive almost an hour to get there, I plan to make a day of it--visit some shops I haven't been to in a while and basically take a "me" day. The whirlwind of getting ready for Conference starts next week.

We should reach 70 degrees today and buttercups are blooming. My back steps are filled with chickadees, doves, mockingbirds, cardinals, bluejays, nuthatches, robins, finches, and sparrows feeding from several bowls I keep filled with birdseed. Several times throughout the day, squirrels come to drink from the bucket on the steps. The cats are very entertained and so am I. If we ever go back to the office, I will miss the view of wildlife from my workstation.

Sending everyone happy vibes and best wishes for a wonderful day!

SW 230.4 - March 1st
    CW 225
    GW 200 - June 1st
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy Friyay!
    Tracy - your work space sounds quite wonderful! And really congrats on not binge eating after missing your dinner. That is always the risk. Have a great shopping trip!
    Sara - what can I say - yesterday rocked! Glad you had that moment of success in the meeting. That is most awesome! Also glad for your socks!
    Lana - very glad for the good session with your therapist.
    Maureen - good luck on the unsettleness. That is hard, yet so very exciting. And as you stated and know - it does always work out in the end. You will get there. Tower of Death and rollercoasters - NEVER my favorite thing to do. Did some due to kids and trips. I can pretty much be sure I will never do them again in my life :wink:
    Waves to all! Have a great day!
    ~Lynn

CW 193.2
    HW 207
    GW 189
  • mkculs13
    Tracy, the birds and buttercups sound wonderful. we are at least 4 weeks away but it will come.

Sara, I absolutely love and admire your resourcefulness. It's inspiring.

I had a nice walk in the Dog Park and a Snickers bar (thanks, Sara!) and my special blend soda (diet pepsi, light lemonade, and a shot of cherry flavoring) after--so nice. I'm snuggled in; it's so damp and chilly b/c it's not cold enough for the heat to really kick in at home. So lots of warm blankets and my laptop for Netflix. A big Friday night for me.

Anyone who wants to zoom, just let me know and I'll send the link through the message app on here. How about 7 pm Central Time tomorrow evening? I'm flexible as to time. No one but myself to please.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lost track of time. Glad it is Friday and my to do list should be done before noon. I would go to sleep early but I dont like being awake middle of the night.

Buying tri tip tomorrow to make steak salads and freeze part to make broccoli/beef later.

• LanaCabana537
    edited March 2021
    qbduveh98ajt.jpeg
    *** Saturday March 6th ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started. BBL~

Lana

266.4 today
    268.8 high of the week 😳
    269.6 highest
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Busy morning. Groceries, haircut, and tax prep. Just got done with lunch and talking to my Dad. Now I am considering a nap this afternoon.

Subheading on this website page says "share ideas and thoughts on managing stress". My first thought was "I hire someone to do that for me" - so snarky of me. Dont have that kind of $$ but I am getting a refund so I can stop spinning so fast about money.

Thank you for getting us started Lana. Glad your scale is being kind to you.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    Hey, all. Just a quick hello. I've started some packing for showing the house and eventually moving. 2 boxes today. A slow start but a start nonetheless.

We are expecting really warm weather soon--60. Can't wait.

• LanaCabana537
    u9xvo23jts5y.jpeg
    *** March 7th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - What good news about your getting a refund. That is so much better than having to pay out money.

Maureen - It's good to start packing, even if only two boxes, because then you make a place to do/store the packing and assess what materials you need to continue the process. You are on a roll!

Waving to Tracy and Lynn and Runa and Missy and Dawn and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

266.4 today
  • RivkehS76
    RivkehS76 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone! I found your thread and this seems like such a lovely group of supportive folks! ❤️

@Twiley510 - you mentioned wanting to do some yoga to support yourself in feeling better. I have absolutely loved “Yoga With Adriene” on YouTube, if it’s any help to have a suggestion of where to start! 🧘🏻‍♀️
  • mkculs13
    Welcome, @RivkehS76

I'm wasting another Sunday, and loving it. Going to Dog Park around 4. Ordering lunch delivered. Packing another couple of boxes. Thinking seriously about leaving everything except what I can take in my car when I go. I like the prospect of starting with all new things. My car will also have 2 dogs and 2 cats, so that makes the decision a bit harder--so little room. Photos and a very few personal treasures, some clothes, meds, my apnea machine and favorite pillow. Could happen.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Tri tip with red potatoes and onions in oven and it is beginning to smell. Found a family run farm in town and got some really good looking greens for steak salad. Will put cold potatoes and onions in as well. Part will go in freezer for later.

Went and got Easter cards and chocolate (big surprise). Rest of day may be a mystery.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited March 2021
    eo0tqgw0b0zv.png

Good morning, Cabana Crew,

Spring is around the corner! Let's make this a great week.

My daughter just left to see her best friend in Tampa. Her flight leaves Memphis at 1:15. My parents are taking her to the airport and she will be back on Thursday. Never matters how old the children are, Mothers worry.

Thank you for the recommendation, RivkehS76! I will take a look at it.

Next week is Moose Conference in Gatlinburg. Gearing up for that all this week. Lots of work, but lots of fun!

Wishing everyone a happy Monday!

Make the best choices you can in your situation.

SW 230.4 - March 1st
    CW 224
    GW 200 - June 1st

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Tracy! Thank you for getting us started today!

Welcome to Rivkeh 👋🏻

I need to scoot for an appointment.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning all!
    Started collecting our sap to make maple syrup, so I am getting more steps in, and some hard working ones at that. But that also means we sit around a campfire while our sap is cooking into syrup and drink beer and eat chips and shoot the breeze with family :wink: Great time as it warms here in WI.
    Welcome Rivkeh!
    Sara - tri-tip sounds delish!
    Maureen - one box at a time - that is all you can do - GOOD LUCK! You got this!
    Waves to Tracy, Sara, Lana and Missy.
  • mkculs13
    Gorgeous here. I didn't get out 'til after work, but got in a long walk with Skye, Radar is away with my sons.

I was feeling really down earlier-so odd, like a sudden onset out of nowhere. I'm not prone to mood swings so it surprised me. I was working. And very sleepy for much of the day. Took two power naps between training sessions. And the walk left me feeling refreshed.

We have at least one more really nice day allotted to us before it goes back to typical March--borderline cold and windy, with occasional snow that will likely melt pretty quickly. Our woods won't be clear of ice for 2-3 more weeks, making trail running a bit hazardous still. March 10 is the earliest I've tried and it's better toward the end of March. Each year is a bit different, of course. Hoping for a mild spring although ours is usually 45 and wet. Better than 10 and icy!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Seems we have lost 2 more people in our department - one was fired and one left 2 week notice. Turnstile city.

Father has said he will not help me get a mobile home as he feels I cannot handle keeping up the maintenance - I need to apply for Senior Affordable housing. The waiting list is 2 to 5 years and it is the elderly version of section 8. I felt so special after that conversation.

There is some chocolate in the house and I made sure to get my 6500 steps in so if need be I will not have a lot of guilt eating some.

Rain clouds have moved in and that for us is a good thing.

Lost half a pound, at least the scale is going downwards.

• LanaCabana537
    edited March 2021
    siqblaf0buy0.jpeg
    *** March 9th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - so sorry to hear that your father isn't helping you with a new home. Definitely apply for any kind of housing that has a wait. You can always opt out later if you don't want it. I will say that taking care of a house - even a simple one - is a bigger pain in the kitten than one might think--and expensive!

Maureen - I've been thinking of you and Charlotte, NC. Do you know anyone there? Have you ever lived there? It is a big place, so it's got to complicated; maybe you can rent for a while as you get to know it well, and then buy a house that it is really perfect for you?

Lynn - ah the thought of your making maple syrup is really cool. Take a photo for us here. I've never seen it cooking. Do you cook it on a campfire?

Hey Tracy - It's great to have your Moose conference to look forward to. I looked at the dates, and it is on the weekend of the Spring Equinox! Do you have to do mostly paperwork to get ready? Or is there signage and decorating involved too? I assume no cooking...

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

268.2 scale is scary, but it's been a rough few days, with salt to boot