What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    I think spicy things like flamin hot cheetos, etc. ruin the food

I like spicy, but can't stand cheetos, and the flaming hot ones seem extra unpleasant. (Part of this is just an aesthetic reaction to the color and the way they stain one's hands--it bugged me even as a kid when I would eat them sometimes.)
  • lemurcat2
    33gail33 wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I am not a fan of pizza at all. Even a vegan gluten free version ( lol) the only kind I would eat is a thin crust white pizza with spinach, mushroom, black olives and sun fried tomato. I do not like sauce on my pizza

I do like regular pizza - but that one you describe sounds amazing - four best toppings for sure.

Spinach, mushroom, and black olives are the three best toppings for sure. For my fourth I'd take non dried tomatoes or green pepper over sun dried tomatoes, but those are good too.

I like pizza with sauce, but that white one does sound tasty.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I do love peanut butter with egg. I had poached eggs on peanut butter toast last night!

I like this combo too!
  • pancakerunner
    I am not a fan of pizza at all. Even a vegan gluten free version ( lol) the only kind I would eat is a thin crust white pizza with spinach, mushroom, black olives and sun fried tomato. I do not like sauce on my pizza

I do like regular pizza - but that one you describe sounds amazing - four best toppings for sure.

see, I don't like SPINACH on my pizza
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member

I eat spinach in/on everything. Sometimes I eat it all three meals in a day. But on pizza roasted red peppers is also good.
  • pancakerunner

I eat spinach in/on everything. Sometimes I eat it all three meals in a day. But on pizza roasted red peppers is also good.

I guess I don't really like peppers on pizza either :o
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Runny eggs are gross. The only liquid part of my eggs should be the melted butter and hot sauce.
  • pancakerunner
    Runny eggs are gross. The only liquid part of my eggs should be the melted butter and hot sauce.

I like sunny side up eggs with toast... but super runny eggs are kinda off putting. I do like jammy eggs though
  • Noreenmarie1234

I like sunny side up eggs with toast... but super runny eggs are kinda off putting. I do like jammy eggs though

I just hate the flavor of the runny yolk. My family loves them though.
  • pancakerunner

I just hate the flavor of the runny yolk. My family loves them though.

what I HATE is runny egg WHITES.
  • lemurcat2
    I love runny yolk if there's something to sop it up. I don't like fried eggs if the yolk is entirely set. Runny whites is disgusting, though.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    zwf8xvs5fx4q.png
    this looks really good

I admit to the heavy disagree :D .
  • GigiDeborah
    GigiDeborah Posts: 36 Member
    zwf8xvs5fx4q.png
    this looks really good

I'm here for that!
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    My favs not usual are - spinach prepared with peanut butter, not the sweet butter though, the one neutral
    then it would be spaghetti al nero di seppia about which everybody complains how they looks but as taste and texture imo they are the best, feta with beetroot salad , it's very good too

From hating point of view I hate what everybody loves - :smiley: like avocados , my husband eats 2 per day , but me - :neutral: , like mussels - not because i do not like them but it's too much shell to throw away
    They will always say to me - You don't know what is good :smile:
  • lemurcat2
    pessxx wrote: »
    My favs not usual are - spinach prepared with peanut butter, not the sweet butter though, the one neutral
    then it would be spaghetti al nero di seppia about which everybody complains how they looks but as taste and texture imo they are the best, feta with beetroot salad , it's very good too

I love spaghetti al nero di seppia and beets with feta, and wouldn't necessarily consider them unpopular. Your good taste has caused me to be interested in the spinach with peanut butter which I admit doesn't sound immediately good to me (I don't use sweet peanut butter, so that's not the issue). I do like peanut stew w/ peanut butter and although not traditional think it's good with collards, so might like this.

I admit to loving avocados, though.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

I think disagrees are desireable in this thread; it means you've hit upon something truly unpopular!

Good point! :D
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Often, but not always. I like most foods (and can't think of any veg I don't like, and so far as that goes I also like organ meats in many contexts and love trying new cuisines and am lucky enough to live in a city with many such options), but there are definitely some things I cannot stand. A weird one is grapefruit, which most seem to love. I wanted to love it as a kid and hated it, and periodically try it and dislike it still. Another is caraway seeds. Still another is canned tuna, especially but not only with mayo (but I love grilled tuna and tuna sashimi and almost all fish -- I think I dislike catfish, but that could be one I haven't had prepared in a way I'd like it).

I would differentiate between having some foods one does not like (which is common enough) and being ridiculously picky (which for some people is because of sensory issues but for others is just being unwilling to try stuff or stuck on what they liked and didn't as a kid or having only had things prepared poorly, sure). I can't deal well with pickiness so tend to stay out of threads where that is the issue.

I also think that this thread lends itself to more extreme pronouncements as it's part of the fun.

This makes a lot of sense to me. I think sensory issues in my family probably play a huge role with how I look at pickiness generally. I don't think I've seen many threads on it; I should probably avoid those for my own good. When I left home it was like a whole new world opened up. I discovered a lot of things and it was great! Which is part of how I gained weight to begin with, but also how I'm losing it!

I do have some things I don't like, but I just figure it's me. If millions of people like it and have eaten it for centuries (or decades, though I'll admit to being suspicious of some new things), it's probably not objectively bad in terms of flavor. Just unfamiliar.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited March 2021
    Lemurcat2,
    try to prepare it , put from the start so that it will steam together and tell me the final result. :) Here we have 3 or 4 sort of peanut butter with or without sugar, i use that one without sugar just cashews basically