JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    edited March 2021
    No goals this weekend - my head's still not fully in the game - but I made decent progress on some long overdue household projects today. I've also been enjoying catching up on reading your posts.

@Bex953172 – In addition to a pretty full logbook and sharpie, the cache had some cool tokens (which I later learned were designed for tracking), a few tiny trinkets (including a spiny ball, a marble, and a mini duck), and some natural items (mostly small stones). I did some research yesterday and discovered there are tons of caches listed in my county, including one in the parking lot of my local grocery store! Can’t wait to try finding some of them with my grandsons.

@mytime6630 – I’m with you on the deer. They’re lovely to look at, as long as they – and their rabbit friends – stay on the other side of my fence! Glad you and your husband are vaccinated!

@snowflake1968 – Wow, that encounter with the moose sounds intense. We have a serious deer problem in NJ, but I can’t imagine running into something so big. My daughter hit a deer on a wooded stretch of highway a couple of years back. She was fine, but a bit shaken. It was very late, there were very few cars on the road, and she was driving home alone. Fortunately, the car was drivable, so she kept going up to the next exit and followed signs to a hospital, figuring that would be a safe place to stop at that hour.

As to what I teach, these days it’s mostly academic writing and research at my local community college. I also teach in the early college and college readiness programs run by the college for at-risk high school students. All my classes have been fully remote for the past year (only lab classes are meeting in-person.). It’s been an interesting challenge, but I do miss being in the classroom with my students. Hopefully we’ll all be back on campus in the Fall.

@jeschepp – Hooray for conquering laundry mountain! And what a joy to live so near your bestie! Wish I were that close to mine.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    @cschmitz110515 - I honestly believe some men don’t see what we see. The first weekend that I was put on restrictions for no bending or squatting, I swept the living room and left a pile of dirt for Rodger to put on the dustpan and throw away. That little pile of first sat there for 2 weeks and 1 day. It became sort of a little battle of wills within myself not to just ask. I lost the battle and swept all the way through, making 3 piles and asking him to sweep that little one up. The bathroom is in terrible shape, and the dust is insane, my dishes aren’t where they are supposed to be and laundry didn’t get put away, but he has kept the kitchen spotless and even straightened up the cupboards that had been a little out of hand.
    I have just been silent because normally I do it all 100% of the time and I’m enjoying this partnership.

We should make a note as to the date you heard the Canadian Geese and I’ll let you know when I hear them. It would be interesting to see how much longer it is.
    We are 1961Kms apart.
    n6lpeb2qbyhc.png

@clicketykeys - sounds like your body knows you need a break.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Saturday Mar 6
    Scale 197.6
    1.5l of water - 😩
    Log all food - πŸ™‚

JFT - Sunday Mar 7
    Scale 197.2
    1.5l of water
    Log all food

@beachwalker99 - I didn’t know that there weren’t Moose in NJ. I learn something new everyday.

@teigansdad - Don’t beat yourself up too much, we all have those days occasionally.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 5 March

Log 😊. Saturday 😊
    Stay in the green πŸ‘Ώ Saturday 😊
    5 fruit and veg πŸ‘Ώ Saturday πŸ‘Ώ
    Water πŸ‘Ώ Saturday πŸ‘Ώ
    Fitbit exercise 😊 Saturday 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️ Saturday 😊 trend ↔️

I failed to post on Saturday so here’s how Friday and Saturday went - not pleased with my efforts and so far today I’ve not done much useful towards my goals. Pizza with too much wine yesterday combined with being far more interested in planning my next knitting project!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 7 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    1. Drink 64 oz water - 2 Qt pitcher is full & on my counter in plain sight! Adding a bit of SF Cranberry juice for color and taste. :)
    2. 30 minutes of activity
    3. Hand Weights
    4. Complete the No BS module and/or vision board video :)
    5. 24H Plan and Assess. :smile: Done
    6. Journal :smile: Done
    7. 15 minutes self-care :#
    8. 15 minutes of self improvement :#

Just for Sunday, 3/7/2021
    1. Drink 64 oz water - 2 Qt pitcher is full & on my counter in plain sight! Adding a bit of SF Cranberry juice for color and taste.
    2. 30 minutes of intentional activity (Short walk around block? Yoga? Tai Chi? Modified Body Groove?)
    3. Hand Weights (Design a beginner program and start it today.)
    4. Complete a No BS module and/or vision board video
    5. 24H Plan and Assess. :smile: Done
    6. Journal :smile: Done
    7. 15 minutes self-care
    8. 15 minutes of self improvement
    9. Be kind and patient today. Count to 10 before growling at someone. Don't be such a B.
    10. Read from the Bible today.
    11. Get ready for bed one hour early, nighttime facial/teeth routine, gratitude journal, daily readings and end by reading for pleasure until lights out. (Lights out by 11:00).

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I didn't do much yesterday, but today I'm going to try to walk around the block just to get outside. My knee is really bothering me, and I don't want to push it.

Last night I blew it. I knew this morning was my weigh-in day for the week and I was ounces away from hitting my goal for the week, and then I ate like a dumb-*kitten*. I'm so pissed at myself today for it. Of course, I didn't hit my weekly goal and I really let myself down. I don't know why I do that to myself, but I plan to journal and think on it today to try to figure out what my triggers are!

Oh, and my husband brought home a bag of mini Reese's peanut butter cups which are my absolutely favorite candy, so we have decided that he will hide the bag and he will hide two of them each day for me, (like an Easter egg hunt kind of). That way we will have some fun with it, I won't eat the whole bag in one day (heck, one hour!), and I won't feel deprived because I will have two a day to look forward to. Wish me luck.... :)

Today, I am grateful for:
    1. Quilting videos on YouTube
    2. Another Day
    3. Coffee

What is one small change I can make today to help with my weight loss? Β 
    Tonight I will close the kitchen at 7:00 p.m. If I get an urge to eat, I will ask myself if I'm really hungry or if meds are making me nauseous. If yes, I will have small yogurt with a graham cracker. If no, I will brush my teeth and make a cup of hot cinnamon apple tea. In theory, this should help cut back on nighttime snacking, which will ultimately cut back on my daily calorie intake and be healthier for me!

WOTY 2021: Consistency
    I am capable of achieving any goal that I really, really want.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Recap 3/6 Sat.
    1) Walked dog 4.2 mi :smiley: heard another sign of spring, Canadian geese on their way north, happy dog & happy me
    2) Net cals zero / 12c water :p Pretty good until ice cream for dessert. Anyways I was active during the day & only logged dog walk. Net cals -419 & high sodium. Only 7c water. :s
    3) Grocery shop & Sam's Club w/ hubby / boil eggs / prep veggies & crockpot for tomorrow's pot roast / wash dishes = 4/4
    4) Unplug 9:00 / wash eyes / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:30 alarm (supper in crockpot before church 9:00) 3/6

JFT 3/7 Sun.
    1) Veggies & beef roast in crockpot before church :)
    2) Church 9:00 :)
    3) Walked dog 3.39 mi :smiley: Another migratory bird heard, sandhill cranes! Happy dog & happy me
    4) Laundry (in progress & wash Lambchop) / water herbs & houseplants / finalize paperwork for eye surgery / organize clothes for a.m.
    5) Unplug 9:00 / wash eyes / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:30 alarm (NO FOOD OR DRINK IN A.M. & shower)

@Snowflake1968 I loved your story of leaving your sweeping pile. I think that would be my hubby too. We each have our chores, but mine outnumber his, or are more the "daily grind" and boy do I hate the grind some days. I wish he would just step up more often. He does offer and helps at times, just not enough to make me really happy. LOL He will be forced to do some things this coming week, since I can't bend or lift after my eye surgeries on Mon. and Thurs.

@PackerFanInGB Peanut butter cups are one of my favorites!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member

πŸ€πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀🐸🐀πŸ₯πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›πŸ€
    πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀 MARCH 🐀πŸ₯πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›
    πŸ€πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀🐸πŸ₯πŸ€πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›πŸ€

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

March Daily Goals: Week: 1
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: βœ… Fri: βœ… Sat: βœ… Sun: βœ…
    1. Weight < 150: βœ… 7/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 7/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 7/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 7/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 7/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Sat 6 March :
    • Meditation πŸŽ‰
    • Weigh/post weight πŸŽ‰
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice πŸŽ‰
    • Laundry - put away πŸŽ‰
    • Outdoor walkπŸ‘»
    • Local shopping πŸŽ‰
    • Write for 30 minutesπŸ‘»
    • Daily Chores πŸŽ‰
    • Puzzles: πŸŽ‰Watch TV: βœ…
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice
    • Keep up to date with email πŸŽ‰
    • Daily goals updateπŸŽ‰

🌷Positive intentions for Sun 7 March :
    • Meditation πŸŽ‰
    • Weigh/post weight πŸŽ‰
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice πŸŽ‰
    • Laundry - put away πŸŽ‰
    • Morning coffee with DYD for her birthdayπŸŽ‰
    • Family Skype πŸŽ‰
    • Write for 30 minutesπŸŽ‰
    • Daily Chores πŸŽ‰
    • Puzzles: πŸŽ‰Watch TV: πŸŽ‰
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice
    • Keep up to date with email πŸŽ‰
    • Daily goals updateπŸŽ‰

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    March:πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

Celebrating DYD’s birthday today. Had some cake and cupcakes, but still in the green

Terri πŸ¦„

• Snowflake1968
    Mmmm - peanut butter cups. My favourite too.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member

JFT, Sat March 6

1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH
    3. only 1 diet coke :/
    4. mindful eating :/
    5 fruits and veggies - hubby wants frozen pizza tonite (his favorite.. not as healthy, but I won't have to cook).So plan lots of veggies for lunch, and a salad with the pizza :/
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothe, to have more energy, to not dread going someplace because of having nothing nice to wear that I feel good in. :/
    7. go for a walk :)
    8. Plan the entire days food in the morning -- stick to it! :/
    9. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything. :/

Saturday was a really wonderful day. First, we got our first covid vaccine shot!! Then.. you know us.. we have not eaten out, or gotten even take-out since March of 2020! A whole year. Well.. right next to the vaccine shot area was a Five Guys.. so hubby say, lets eat out! We got it to go.. and sat in the car. I had a cheeseburger and we shared some french fries .. but it felt like old times. For once, it was nice to not feel in such a lockdown state.

Got home, and went for a 4 mile walk, and worked in the yard. But .. I was hungry the entire day! After our big lunch, I had planned to eat a very lite dinner. The Five Guys was almost my total calories for the day! But .. ended up eating 1/4th of a tombstone pizza, then popcorn later.

Did not get sundays post, but since its not 6:30 .. I'll post mondays. But today was a good day. Got in another 4 mile walk, and worked for 5 hrs in the backyard. I made 4 flower beds larger (I have 11 trays of seedlings I started .. so need a place to plant all those flowers!), and I created another flower bed. I have visions of all these beautiful cut flowers growing! My vision will probably be shut down once the deer discover all the stuff I am putting out that they think is for them.. but wishful dreaming! We just grilled hamburgers, but I had a lite lunch, so I think I am ok, especially with the physical exercise I did today.

Our daughter is coming out at 7 ... so I will lite a firepit and sit outside.
    But... need to start Monday back on track!

March:πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§ πŸ’§πŸ’§

JFT, Monday March 8

1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5 fruits and veggies
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothe, to have more energy, to not dread going someplace because of having nothing nice to wear that I feel good in.
    7. go for a walk
    8. Plan the entire days food in the morning -- stick to it!
    9. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything.

March:πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§ πŸ’§πŸ’§

I will read posts later and respond ... need to go out and get the firepit started!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited March 2021
    @jeschepp - great job on all the laundry! Isn't it amazing how fast it piles up. And how wonderful to live so close to your best friend! My friends and I used to talk about that when we were single .. that we were all going to buy houses close to each other, our kids would play together, etc. I was the one that moved away .. but fortunately, until covid, I was able to see them about 4x a year.

@cschmitz110515 and @Snowflake1968 - funny what you said about hubbys just not noticing things that need to get done LOL!! I think all men are that way. My hubby does make the bed now because I usually walk earlier than he gets up.. He used to just throw the covers over everything, with the sheets all messed up. Now, he does a pretty good job. But for most things .. he just does not even notice. I think thats just men in general!

@WellingTX -- You should be so very proud of yourself for getting back on track. I also love your podcasts, and started making a list of ones you list that I want to listen to. But why I am so proud of you .. I was listening to a podcast about why people are unable to maintain a weight loss, and it is because when they have a bad day, they throw in the towel. Something I am very guilty of doing. But a person that maintains their weight KNOWS that this is normal.. that we will have days when our eating is not what we planned, or days when we gave in and ate that dessert. A person that maintains is able to do this, and start fresh the next day .. which is what you do. So I know you are going to succeed not only with your weight loss goals, but when you do, you will know how to maintain. Great job .. you inspire all of us to not give up!

@clicketykeys - your posts amaze me everyday .. you accomplish so much in a day!

@teigansdad - 8 to 12 hr days, for seven days! That a long work day .. no wonder you gave in to brownies and cookies!

@PackerFanInGB -- I'm going to tell you what I know you would tell me. Your quote " I'm so pissed at myself today for it. Of course, I didn't hit my weekly goal and I really let myself down.".
    Look at all the GOOD days you had!! Look at all those smiley faces, and things you did that you should be very proud of! One bad day will happen. I remember you even saying saturday nite that the next day would be an emotional day. But you are aware, and you even knew you might be having triggers. Next time, you will be even more prepared for when those triggers happen.
    And to have your husband put the Reeses Peanut Butter cups downstairs ... that is a huge success! I would have eaten the entire bag! You are doing an awesome job!!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Set up schedules. MH Monday. WW questions Tues; answer Thurs
    3. Classes: Intro One Pager. Parents reflection.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE LATE WORK. Writing script. SUB PLANS.
    5. Lunch: Jambalaya. Read 20 pages Dispossessed.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Walk after school. Livestream.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I need to call the dentist about my chipped tooth first thing tomorrow. Hopefully I can get in on Wednesday when I've got a day off already. Maybe?
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    edited March 2021
    3/7
    As I sit here telling myself to ignore the siren call of those little bags of Cheez-its from the pantry, I’m seriously regretting not putting in some time on the bike this weekend.

Daily goals March 1-7:
    β€’ Log: 3/1 √, 3/2 √, 3/3 √, 3/4 √, 3/5 X, 3/6 √, 3/7 √ 6/7
    β€’ Bike or walk: 3/1 W50, 3/2 B30, 3/3 W45, 3/4 W67, 3/5 X, 3/6 X, 3/7 X 4/7
    β€’ Reflect and post: 3/1 √, 3/2 √, 3/3 X, 3/4 √, 3/5 √, 3/6 (comments only) √, 3/7 √ 5.5/7

Friday, 3/5
    β€’ Finish fridge! – Almost
    β€’ Take car through inspection - √
    β€’ Decompress - √ √ √

No specific goals for the weekend, but I did get a good bit done, rearranging storage in my kitchen and starting a serious Spring clean. Busy week ahead. Forget the Cheez-its; I'm going to bed.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Today was a wonderful day! Because I had my mother over yesterday (masks on and distancing and all that as she hasn't had her shot yet) my place was already tidy! Today I went for a nearly 5 mile walk and got my treat meal of pizza YUMMM. The walk was fantastic. I told myself I'd walk until I started to wear out and just under 5 miles was it! It was nearly 60 degrees which for Minnesota is divine. It seemed like the neighborhood was out and everyone was cheerful. I walked past a troop of kiddos with rainboots on by a puddle and teased "no splashing until I'm past you!" Then turned back to see them all stomping around in delight.
    I am thinking to spring and considering setting up a mini garden on my balcony. Not sure how to do it yet but hoping to find out. Also hoping to start running. I've done small bouts of jogging here and there and if I can be kind to my knees I usually really enjoy it. We will see but I'm feeling inspired these days...

JFT Sunday:
    GET OUTSIDE! βœ…βœ…βœ…
    80 oz water βœ…
    stay in the green βœ… No idea HOW?
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ❌
    30 minutes exercise βœ… crushed it!
    screens off 8:30 βœ…
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT βœ…

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@beachwalker99 Your geocaching sounds so fun! Keep us posed on what you find!
    @teigansdad just remember tomorrow is a new day!
    @TerriRichardson112 I love your spring emojis!
    @mytime6630 woo hoo for your shot and a normal meal! Those moments are so precious now.
  • marinaseret
    marinaseret Posts: 20 Member
    New here, so lets also try this:

JFT Monday:
    - walk 10k
    - eat exactly 1550 kcal
    - bring bike to service
    - study for 2 hours
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    New here, so lets also try this:

JFT Monday:
    - walk 10k
    - eat exactly 1550 kcal
    - bring bike to service
    - study for 2 hours

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here and good luck with your goals!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Monday

Okay fresh start, when me and Ash get paid we have a few crazy days of food lol. Usually because by the end of the month we're running low and don't have a smuch money for extras. So we've been paid and just bought loads, ate loads etc.
    Last night was the first time I didn't bedtime snack but only cause i felt sick to my stomach from something I ate (think it was the McDonald's)
    But my logging has got lazy, water challenge has got lazy, I'VE got lazy.
    I feel like I've been manic the last few days, rushing around but not exactly a clear and focused thought in my head.
    So today I'm taking is slow, I'm in a bit of a tired and grumpy mood as it is so I just need to slow down a bit and take it easy.

So my goals, ALL of which I want to achieve today, its so doable!

- Log all food
    - Drink 8 cups of water
    - Exercise
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @mytime6630 - Heh. I don't get it all accomplished in a day; if you notice, it's kind of an ongoing list. It definitely helps me prioritize, especially lately, as there's a LOT going on. I take care of the most pressing/important matters, and then anything else just gets punted along.

@Snowflake1968 - Maybe. It's hard to decide, though, how much of a break is needed and at what point I need to go ahead and get moving XD