JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    I would love to join, I've been in a weight maintenance as opposed to weight loss funk lately.

JFT:
    - walk at least 7k steps
    - torch the outsides of the raised bed frames I built for the garden (finish at least 1 of 7)
    - Eat at least 95g protein, the rest will follow.
    - look over city council agenda for tomorrow to see what they're up to

Welcome! This is a great group...very supportive. :smile:
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFT 3/8/2021
    1) Fast until noon
    2) Water challenge (8 glasses of water)
    3) Log all my food for the day
    4) Stop snacking by 8pm
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Mixed day and certainly a mixed week. Up 1.6# for the week. Back to where I was mid January.

For Sunday, make it a good day.

-Grateful for the many influences in my life. Today it's the MFP community including those on this chain. I know I don't interact but I do admire the commitment of those who post.
    -1900 calories: 2965. On track until late afternoon. 2157 for the week. Those couple hundred calories a day make a difference.
    -Work out for 90 minutes: 92 minutes including an uplifting 53 minute, 2.81 mile outdoor walk. Year highs for weights at 4320#, 570 crunches, 114 pushups, 228 lunges and 14.19 in purposeful exercise walks
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development: Great message from Jim Rohm - Take Responsibility for Your Life by Inspire Your Personal Growth. Compilation video, Rohm's message is "You have consciously made the decisions that are now affecting yo. Know what is happening now, today, is the direct result of what you did yesterday. So true on a day/week where my overeating undid weeks of self discipline and exercise diligence.
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development: Got stuck on my Talking Sopranos Podcast and music while walking. Didn't switch over to something new on professional development
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Kept up with my stuff but short
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Executed on this. Kept things from getting worse
    -Be mindful if I find myself wanting to snack: Chose not to be mindful. Thought about it but steered myself away. What's the opposite of mindfulness?

For Monday, no choice but go into a new day and new week. I'm not at a place where I can afford overeating days. When I'm at weight, a day or two off base won't matter and I can get back on track. Today, I need to stay on track and focus on increasing my wellness.

-Grateful for my health and the ability to work out and walk. I'm fortunate to be able to do the things I want to do
    -1900 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes. Busy day, make it happen:
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    -Work 30 minutes on home duties and keep up with my stuff:
    -Eat between 8 and 6, don't snack on the couch and eat dinner at the table:
    -Walk around the block before and after dinner. Try something new:

• GigiDeborah
    GigiDeborah Posts: 36 Member
    I will actually make a meal when I get home rather than finding something to munch. Dinner. A sit down meal. And get a few darn chores done please!!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    3/8
    Happy Monday! New week, fresh start. The weather looks gorgeous, so I’m looking forward to getting out and walking.

Daily goals, March 8 – 14

β€’ Log
    β€’ Walk or bike
    β€’ Reflect and post

JFT Monday, 3/8

β€’ Email program director and TA’s to pin down missing books and set CR testing dates
    β€’ Quick grocery stop
    β€’ De-clutter dining room
    β€’ Finish Big Read book for dept. book group

Welcome newbies!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 7 March

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg πŸ‘Ώ
    Water πŸ‘Ώ
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 8 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

I’ve not been very very disciplined over the last few days and need to get back on track before the scale trend catches up with my actual weight!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Weekend was nice and relaxing. Should have done laundry, but didn't. Should have exercised, but didn't. Eating was okay.

Had to come into work today, which I don't normally do on Monday. Such is pandemic life, nothing is standard. Don't know if I'll stay the whole day. Have to go pick up hubby's car which is finally ready after he hit the deer in December. I found it funny when y'all were talking about deer. Over the last 15 years, Tim has hit 5 deer, I have hit 2 and my daughter has hit 1. We live kind of out in the country and those little buggers are EVERYWHERE! Rule of thumb here is slam on your brakes, but maintain your lane. Don't swerve. This one was a bit different than our usual deer damage as we were on the highway and couldn't really slow fast enough to help. Deer flipped up over the top of the car. Luckily Tim and I were okay and the car was drivable. We are fortunate that we have an extra car, and that Tim and I can carpool to work if needed. It will be nice to have all 4 cars back again, of course now the VW Bug is having electrical issues. Ugh...

Today's plan is simple. Log, eat responsibly and go to the gym with my daughter after her swim practice.

JFT Monday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley: actually 7:30
    - Protein shake for breakfast
    - Review installation specifications for new equipment to be installed tomorrow.
    - Finish setting up moisture analyzer in Chem lab and train operators.
    - Go pick up Tim's car
    - Help mom fix her password on her credit card. She locked herself out.
    - Take V to swim
    - Go to gym after swim
    - Bed by midnight

@PackerFanInGB Cute Idea with the Reese's!

@teigansdad Man, I'd have a hard time staying awake with your schedule let alone exercising. I applaud you for the dedication to at least consider it...

Welcome to the new folks. I'm Nikki.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member

πŸ€πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀🐸🐀πŸ₯πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›πŸ€
    πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀 MARCH 🐀πŸ₯πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›
    πŸ€πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀🐸πŸ₯πŸ€πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›πŸ€

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

March Daily Goals: Week: 2
    Mon: βœ… Tue: Wed: Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: βœ… 1/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 1/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 1/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Sun 7 March :
    • Meditation πŸŽ‰
    • Weigh/post weight πŸŽ‰
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice πŸŽ‰
    • Laundry - put away πŸŽ‰
    • Morning coffee with DYD for her birthdayπŸŽ‰
    • Family Skype πŸŽ‰
    • Write for 30 minutesπŸŽ‰
    • Daily Chores πŸŽ‰
    • Puzzles: πŸŽ‰Watch TV: πŸŽ‰
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice
    • Keep up to date with email πŸŽ‰
    • Daily goals updateπŸŽ‰
    🌷 Positive intentions for Mon 8 March :
    • Meditation πŸŽ‰
    • Weigh/post weight πŸŽ‰
    • Outdoor walkπŸ‘»
    • Local shopping πŸŽ‰
    • Write for 30 minutesπŸ‘»
    • Daily Chores πŸŽ‰
    • Puzzles: πŸŽ‰Watch TV: βœ…
    • Daily goals updateπŸŽ‰
    🌷Positive intentions for Tue 9 March :
    • Meditation πŸŽ‰
    • Weigh/post weight πŸŽ‰
    • Outdoor walkπŸ‘»
    • Write for 30 minutesπŸ‘»
    • Daily Chores πŸŽ‰
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Daily goals update

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    March:
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    πŸ’§

Terri πŸ¦„
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Sunday Mar 7
    Scale 197.2
    1.5l of water - :/
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Monday Mar 8
    Scale 196.8
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

@mytime6630 - You are doing a great job of being consistent coming here and posting. It's nice to see you regularly.

@beachwalker99 - "Forget the Cheez-its; I'm going to bed" Smart move! I wish I could do that. My husband goes to bed at 9pm almost religiously, but if I go to bed and try to fall asleep before 10pm my snoring wakes him up. That one hour is my worst hour of the day usually. I know it's because I'm tired and just trying to stay awake.

@jeschepp - I am hoping if the weather continues the way it has been for this week that maybe I'll be able to get out and do some walking. I am waiting for all of the ice to be gone. My hip issue has made me nervous on ice, but the last couple of days I have been able to to do my side leg lifts to a count of 10 so the strength is returning.

@bex953172 - I think that sometimes our aim of perfection makes us mess up even more. Even if we aren't perfect if we are trying we are doing something.

@pridesabtch - That is a lot of deer. That is like the area I grew up. I lived 7 miles outside of town so we were in their territory.

Welcome to the newbies. I have to get some work done.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member

Just for Sunday, 3/7/2021
    1. Drink 64 oz water - 2 Qt pitcher is full & on my counter in plain sight! Adding a bit of SF Cranberry juice for color and taste. :#Only about 50 oz.
    2. 30 minutes of intentional activity (Short walk around block? Yoga? Tai Chi? Modified Body Groove?) :#Husband took Maddie for a walk instead of me, as we decided my knee needed another day of babying.
    3. Hand Weights (Design a beginner program and start it today.) :#I don't know why on earth I haven't done this! I have the weights downstairs sitting out and ready to go. Perhaps it's because they are on my quilting table and I tend to go for the fabric instead? LOL
    4. Complete a No BS module and/or vision board video :)
    5. 24H Plan and Assess. :smile: Done
    6. Journal :smile: Done
    7. 15 minutes self-care :)Spent quiet time in quilting corner making a table topper for March. Felt good to turn my brain off and lose myself.
    8. 15 minutes of self improvement :)Podcasts
    9. Be kind and patient today. Count to 10 before growling at someone. Don't be such a B. :)
    10. Read from the Bible today. >:)
    11. Get ready for bed one hour early, nighttime facial/teeth routine, gratitude journal, daily readings and end by reading for pleasure until lights out. (Lights out by 11:00). :)

Good morning! I got up this morning at 06:30, before my alarm went off at 0700. It was so nice getting up before my husband and having that quiet cup of coffee while I wrote out my 24H plan for the day. That's the time I used to get up when I was working, so I'm hoping that it will become more of a daily habit. It's the small things, right?

I did manage not to eat the whole bag of mini Reese's cups yesterday, but I did eat 3 of them before my husband actually hid them last night. I think that's pretty good considering they were out on the kitchen counter ALL DAY! They are hidden now, so I will be looking forward to having 2 of them later today. :smile:

@jeschepp I'm from Minnesota and most of my family lives there. My dad is about 20 miles NE of Brainerd on a lake. My brother is between the cities and St. Cloud. The rest of my family are in NE Mpls. 60 degrees in March up there is awesome! We usually get your weather the next day, and today it is supposed to be in the mid-50's. I can't wait to get outside for some fresh air.

@mytime6630 Thanks for the pep talk. You're right...that is What I would say to you! I was really mad at myself yesterday. I feel like I sabotage myself at the last minute all the time and it's so frustrating! I'm so glad you had McDonald's and a "normal" type day! So glad you were able to have a firepit with your daughter last night! I'll bet she was happy to spend time with you!

Welcome to the new folks! I'm Tracie, from Wisconsin.

Tim just informed me that my two mini Reese's cups are hidden, so now it's on! :mrgreen:

Just For Monday, 3/8
    1. Drink 64 oz water - 2 Qt pitcher is full & on my counter in plain sight!
    2. 30 minutes of intentional activity (non-impact)
    3. Hand Weights (Design a beginner program and start it today!!.)
    4. Complete a No BS module and/or vision board video
    5. 24H Plan and Assess. :smile: Done
    6. Journal :smile: Done
    7. 15 minutes self-care
    8. 15 minutes of self-improvement
    9. Be kind and patient today. Count to 10 before growling at someone. Don't be such a B.
    10. Finish table topper, find documents for 2020 taxes, vacuum & dust.
    11. Get ready for bed one hour early, nighttime facial/teeth routine, gratitude journal, daily readings and end by reading for pleasure until lights out. (Lights out by 11:00).

Today, I am grateful for:
    1. 54 degrees in March in WI
    2. MFP JFT friends
    3. Morning cuddles with Maddie

What is one small change I can make today to help with my weight loss? Β 
    If I snack tonight, I will have yogurt vs ice cream. Also, for dinner with my taco salad, I will count out 1 serving of tostitos vs grabbing by handfuls from the bag.[/i]

WOTY 2021: Consistency
    I am capable of achieving any goal that I really, really want.[/quote]

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Had a pretty good day. I decided to start slowly building up to running. And I mean SLOW. Nowhere near the C25K pacing. I've learned to trust my body with building up running intervals. Managed 1.5 minutes spread out across 15-20 second intervals during my 30 minute walk. May not seem like much, but for someone who pretty much sat most of the last year I'm very proud. I definitely can feel my energy and stamina up. I've always been great at starting goals but struggle with maintenance. I think it helps to post here and feel accountable, but also to set different goals every few weeks/each month to keep me striving for something.

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water βœ…
    stay in the green βœ…
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups βœ…
    30 minutes exercise βœ…
    screens off 8:30 βœ…
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT βœ…

JFT Tuesday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@Bex953172 woo hoo! Does that mean more time for you?
    @marinaseret Welcome! Nice work getting started!
    @CupcakeCrusoe Welcome! You’ll be out of the funk in no time!
    @WellingTX Those are some impressive stats! I don’t think I’ve done that many pushups in my life.
    @beachwalker99 Great attitude!
    @Snowflake1968 I hear you about the ice, I am SUPER cautious. Until this past weekend, I’d been taking my YakTrax out.
    @PackerFanInGB I am just outside of the west metro. I will send some sunshine and warm spring air your way!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Monday

- Log all food ❌
    - Drink 8 cups of water❌
    - Exercise ❌

I was full of optimism yesterday morning. I don't know what the hell happened lmao!
    Was the first day of school for the kids returning, and I celebrated with a nice long nap, I needed it.

Im really struggling to my keep to my goals. It always starts well then tapers off. And now it's becoming a bit deflating. Why are my goals so simple but not easy lol.

I was temped not to post today because what's the point if I don't even bother achieving them, it was getting a bit embarrassing to constantly fail lol. BUT that's just going further backwards, need to take responsibility and just go with it

So Tuesday..

- Log food (I dont even have to be under calories, just LOG IT)
    - Water (reducing to 4 for now to make it easier)
    - Exercise

I think that's weight loss in a nutshell- simple, but not easy. Today's a new day. You can do it.

As for my goals yesterday...
    JFT:
    ❌walk at least 7k steps (got 5k steps)
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… torch the outsides of the raised bed frames I built for the garden (finish at least 1 of 7)
    βœ… Eat at least 95g protein, the rest will follow.
    βœ… look over city council agenda for tomorrow to see what they're up to

We finished toasting all the frames! And today my new blueberry bushes come in, so...

JFT:
    - walk at least 7k steps
    - plant all 6 blueberry bushes and mulch the bed
    - Eat at least 95g protein again, that worked well yesterday for keeping hunger down
    - zoom tutoring this afternoon
    - go to bed early, you're exhausted