Seeking Community Feedback: ‘Change Starts Here’ Challenge

Alex
Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
edited March 2021 in Motivation and Support
We Want To Hear From You!

z1j7t2qimjug.png

Please share your thoughts in this thread to help us improve MFP Challenges!

To help form positive habits and lasting change, we launched the ‘Change Starts Here’ Challenge on February 15th, 2021. Our goal was to help participants gain greater nutrition insights through consistent food logging. So throughout the challenge we highlighted the various ways to log food within MFP.

With the challenge currently live, we wanted to collect feedback from the MFP community to help us improve our challenges going forward.

A few questions below:
  • Did you join the challenge? Why or why not?
  • If you joined the challenge, did you find it motivated you to log food consistently?
We also welcome ideas for how we can improve our challenge platform to make it more engaging and helpful for our members. Feel free to send suggestions in the thread.

MFP Challenges FAQ

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Replies

• dolorsit
    dolorsit Posts: 92 Member
    I can't find that challenge anywhere.
  • Alex
    dolorsit wrote: »
    I can't find that challenge anywhere.

Hi! Try clicking here, although note it needs to be in our iOS or Android app.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/dispatch/mobile/challenges
  • dolorsit
    It says no challenges available (ios).
  • Alex
    dolorsit wrote: »
    It says no challenges available (ios).

Ugh, I am so sorry, it looks to be available for US residents at the moment.
  • dolorsit
    ok, no problem.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I hadn’t seen it, so just joined and finished all at once.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    I haven't joined because I use the website, not the app; and I don't live in US.
    Best of luck to all the participants, though!
    009774425 Posts: 3 Member
    Yes I joined because $$$ but I was already daily logging when it started so it was already a habit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Alex wrote: »
    • Did you join the challenge? Why or why not?
    • If you joined the challenge, did you find it motivated you to log food consistently?
    We also welcome ideas for how we can improve our challenge platform to make it more engaging and helpful for our members. Feel free to send suggestions in the thread.

[/b]

I did not join.
    Why: Challenges are only available on the mobile app.

Nothing is ever offered for desktop users.

I am quite displeased at the lack of implementation of upgrades for desktop users.

I did get the app so I could join this challenge.

I don't like the app at all. The ads are bloody annoying - much more manageable on desktop without having to pay $70 for the privilege of not see them. Logging is much more difficult in the app.

BTW, with this challenge, once you've signed up on the app you can continue to log on desktop and get credit for those logs.

I joined the challenge for the potential reward. It made no difference to my motivation as I was already a daily logger.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Yes I joined. I like contests, so why not.

I've logged for almost 2 years, so no it didn't change my logging.

Please keep the contests coming. And if exercise is the requirement, figure out how to count the exercises added by worn devices.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I'm also one of those who joined the challenge just for the heck of it - maybe I win a prize or something. I'm a competitive person so I sign up when I see a contest.

It was not challenging or even useful for me, other than just basically being a raffle ticket. I've been here since 2011, maintaining successfully the entire time, and I'm already pretty much an expert at this logging thing. It's like brushing my teeth: totally habit, super easy. So I kinda completed "the challenge" by default, not through any special effort.

I signed up and totally forgot about it, and then a short while later I got congratulations for finishing. I suppose it was not meant for users like me, who are already fully motivated and engaged. It could make a helpful tool for those just getting started, maybe...
  • audiofreedom
    audiofreedom Posts: 9 Member
    Did you join the challenge? Why or why not?
    Yes I joined the challenge because I saw that the prize was a gift card but I doubt I'm going to get it since there are over 250K people signed up.

If you joined the challenge, did you find it motivated you to log food consistently?
    I did not motivate me to log my food any more than I already was. I actually forgot I signed up for this challenge until I saw this post.
  • vickikwhisler
    vickikwhisler Posts: 17 Member
    I joined, but since I log every day I finished the challenge within days and now I twiddle my thumbs waiting for the next challenge. lol

Since I already log my food it didn't motivate me, but I like getting the stickers when I do challenges. I just wish there were more to join. It seems like we used to have several going at the same time.
  • StacieBugPrude
    StacieBugPrude Posts: 114 Member
    I also completed the challenge after about 10 days. I liked it. I understand how it would help people stay on track if they weren't already logging their meals. Prizes are a good incentive.
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    I joined but I log every day anyway. If you want to improve, cull some of the wrong stats in the database. Or allow us an option to hide search results that we don’t agree with.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited March 2021
    No 🇬🇧....😁