Insanity 2021!

Replies

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Oh gosh, it's an after work workout today 😬 it's going to take some 'not thinking, just get moving' to get going.
    I've got this! 'I love push ups, I love push ups' arghhhh πŸ˜‚

Don't think. Just do. Don't open your mind to excuses. Assume it's a given and do the thing. :smiley:
  • katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    Oh gosh, it's an after work workout today 😬 it's going to take some 'not thinking, just get moving' to get going.
    I've got this! 'I love push ups, I love push ups' arghhhh πŸ˜‚

Don't think. Just do. Don't open your mind to excuses. Assume it's a given and do the thing. :smiley:

You saved me tonight @skinnyrev2b πŸ™ thank you! The whole drive home I'm quoting you 'don't think, just do' and guess what.... I did πŸ‘πŸ‘ Total mind games I was playing with myself today, dreading the after work workout, but it was no different than getting going on the morning workout. Thanks again, really appreciate the encouragement!
  • katylockett
    Day 53: Max Recovery. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Well my side holds are getting longer and I managed more of those slow push ups - jeez they are a torture eh πŸ”₯
    I managed more today and that is a big achievement because this routine has been the hardest for me πŸ€” recovery workout you'd like would be the easiest! Omg my legs were shaking so much on the plie pulses / holds 🀣 πŸ”₯ I'm so pleased to have got it done and looking forward to tomorrow, my favourite - Max Interval Circuit, yas bring it on!!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Awesome stuff! You are totally crushing this!
    (And I need regularly to tell myself "just do it" - particularly first thing in the morning!)
  • katylockett
    Awesome stuff! You are totally crushing this!
    (And I need regularly to tell myself "just do it" - particularly first thing in the morning!)

It was totally what I needed so thank you again πŸ‘ I used 'the mantra' πŸ˜‚ again this morning to get moving - I had a poorly dog last night and was up at 4am with him so I knew the sabotage voices would kick in this morning πŸ™ˆ BUT I didn't think and just did! Have a great day 😊
  • katylockett
    Day 54: Max Interval Circuit. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I smashed this today πŸ’₯ I love this circuit! I even managed all the floor work πŸ˜±πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ Absolutely wrecked again 😰 and definitely need to look into buying sweat bands - my eyes (eew πŸ™ˆ). Very pleased to get this done early today and hoping to have time to get out a run later today - I can't believe how much fitter I've got, so chuffed! Have a great Saturday everyone 😊
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Well done!!!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Ew!
    :D
    And you have energy for a run too? Madness!
  • katylockett
    Day 55: 30 minute run followed by Max Interval Sports Training. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Well my head was ready to get out a run yesterday but my back was not playing ball - very tight after yesterday's workout and the epic cleaning / housework sesh in the morning, so I thought it best to listen and not run BUT.... this morning I smashed it, run first thing then straight onto Max Interval Sports Training πŸ’₯ delighted 😊 I'm getting better at the interval sets on this one, I even managed more of the gymnastics section, really amazed at my progress and NEXT WEEK IS THE LAST WEEK 😱!! Have a great Sunday everyone 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    Last week?! Oh my! Well done Katy!
    Whaddya gonna do when you've finished?
  • katylockett
    Last week?! Oh my! Well done Katy!
    Whaddya gonna do when you've finished?

I know 😱 it has actually gone quite quickly!
    πŸ˜‚ My mind has been on that - what to do next πŸ€” I am thinking about doing it all again, but not making any final decisions until next week, any suggestions?
  • katylockett
    Day 56: Rest day 😊
    Oh I'm needing this today! My quads are tight from all of yesterday's efforts πŸ‘ it's great though and paid off because I'm done another 3lbs this morning - delighted!!
    I'm going to get a good walk in to help ease my legs and so I'll back to fighting form tomorrow. Have a great Monday everyone 😊
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Rest is super important. Do you have a foam roller? It hurts while doing it but you feel better after. Same with an ice bath for your feet..torture, then relief.

Great job!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Defo take your rest. But yeah, doing it a second time over could be really cool. Especially comparing yourself against last time!
    I used to put my own music on whilst working out once I knew the moves... that could switch it up for you.
  • katylockett
    Rest is super important. Do you have a foam roller? It hurts while doing it but you feel better after. Same with an ice bath for your feet..torture, then relief.

Great job!

Hi @bebeisfit 😊 I don't have a foam roller but I will definitely check it out - I actually found an article online that said to roll a towel, then lie on it just under the shoulder blades with your arms out. Omg what a difference! It was sore to do, but I lay for about five minutes and my back feels so much better, it totally eased the muscles πŸ‘ Woo an ice bathπŸ₯Ά I've never been brave enough for this - yet πŸ˜‚ I may need to take the plunge on that one 😬
  • katylockett
    Defo take your rest. But yeah, doing it a second time over could be really cool. Especially comparing yourself against last time!
    I used to put my own music on whilst working out once I knew the moves... that could switch it up for you.

Hi @skinnyrev2b Yup that's me decided this morning, I'm going to take a week off and then do it all again πŸ’ͺ😬 there is so much I want to improve on in this program, so another round it is!! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Why am I excited?! 🀯
  • katylockett
    Day 57: Max Interval Plyo. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Oh I didn't feel very powerful today πŸ™ˆ (I didn't fuel properly yesterday πŸ™„) BUT I pushed play and went for it!
    I wanted to try something different for the push ups today (seen as I have always struggled with them) - I saw a clip of a woman showing how to do 'negative push ups', so normal push up position but when you go down, you go all the way to the floor, then knees down and push back up (when going down, stay controlled, not falling and keeping core / back strong). Well OMG this worked my arms better - I could barely put my hair up for work this morning after doing my push ups like this 🀣 I'm going to stick with this as I will definitely progress better starting with this form - a good wee find!
    The rest of the workout was great, side push ups are still a work in progress but I really gave it some wellie and was suitably wrecked by the end of it πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜Š
    Have a great day everyone!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Fantastic! Yeah, I always struggle with push ups too (I have really girly arms. Like, pathetic arms!) so I've been trying counter top push ups, but I like the sound of the negative ones too. Might have to do a mixture!
    Hurt my shoulder with bad form on some resistance band arm raise/crunches the day before yesterday. Should really be on it again today, but think instead I'll stick with my errands-on-my-bike for the cardio, my usual walks and some gentle yoga this eve.
    Hope you're able to do more with your arms as the day goes on!
  • katylockett
    Fantastic! Yeah, I always struggle with push ups too (I have really girly arms. Like, pathetic arms!) so I've been trying counter top push ups, but I like the sound of the negative ones too. Might have to do a mixture!
    Hurt my shoulder with bad form on some resistance band arm raise/crunches the day before yesterday. Should really be on it again today, but think instead I'll stick with my errands-on-my-bike for the cardio, my usual walks and some gentle yoga this eve.
    Hope you're able to do more with your arms as the day goes on!

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Yip me too on the 'pathetic arms' πŸ˜’ but definitely a woke in progress! I would definitely recommend these negative ones, absolutely working the muscles that need to be built πŸ’ͺ
    What a shame about your shoulder, it's so annoying when the body doesn't play ball 😠 I hope you heal quickly, sounds like you've got plenty other exercise on the cards though πŸ‘
    πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Yes thankfully I can now use my arms again, I think they were in shock after this morning!
    Enjoying your biking, walking and yoga today 😊
  • katylockett
    Day 58: Insane Abs and Max Cardio Conditioning. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I'm finally getting used to doing workouts at different times of the day (🀣 it's only taken 58 days πŸ™ˆ), I find there are benefits to the 'first thing workout' - get it out the way, but if I workout mid shift or after work I tend to eat better. I think for the next round I'll definitely not be dreading the different workout times as much, but enjoy the mix up πŸ‘
    Today's workouts were definitely an improvement πŸ’₯ I was able to do more of the abs routine, my core is getting so much stronger! And I really pushed on the cardio routine so I was suitable wrecked by the end - I was struggling with the last set of tuck jumps, so did single leg lifts instead - my body was like 'nope, no more jumps' πŸ˜…
    Looking forward to tomorrow, my last Max Interval Circuit on the round 😱 Ready to smash it!! πŸ‘πŸ’₯