5'4 ladies where you at??

Howdy!! I'm, glowupmama and it is great to be here. I've lost about 20lbs total since I've started my weight loss journey and I'm excited to get to where I will soon feel good in jeans again. Lol

For us slightly shorter and maybe more petite women....I felt attractive at 120lbs. I didn't have abs, but I felt good. This time around at 30 I want to get abs and be more lean and slender. I want to see if I like it. If not....LMAO I know how to eat. πŸ˜‰

At what weight do we have nicely defined abs? Maybe a 6 pack?

Thanks!!

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 988 Member
    I am 5’5’ and I am happy at 130. I can see some abs in the morning but don’t have aspirations for a six pack! I do HIIT training.
  • glowupmama
    glowupmama Posts: 8 Member
    That's great! Seeing abs in the morning is nice. I would love to see them all around the clock. πŸ˜‚ It's a big goal but it is achievable.

HIIT is fun! It absolutely drains my soul, but I enjoy it. 🀣 I intend on taking up a dance class or maybe boxing again. Anything to get those endorphins flowing during this crazy pandemic!

Thanks for replying!!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,261 Member
    I’m 5’3 and 117. The only time I saw any visible abs was when I was 130 and started training my abs with TRX and kettlebell moves. Love the name and the emoji with the natural! πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Mine start showing 118 and lower...
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm 5'5" and weigh in the ballpark of 155, with visible abs all day err day.
  • glowupmama
    I’m 5’3 and 117. The only time I saw any visible abs was when I was 130 and started training my abs with TRX and kettlebell moves. Love the name and the emoji with the natural! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thank you boo! I love my fro! I need to get a kettlebell and get it popping! Thanks again
  • glowupmama
    Mine start showing 118 and lower...

I feel that. I'm feeling like I'm going to have to be like 115 to see those bad boys. πŸ˜‚ Thanks for commenting!!
  • glowupmama
    JBanx256 wrote: Β»

You look amazing!! Fit and flyyy hunni! Are you maintaining your current shape right now or are you about to smash some new goals?
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    i'm 5'4", and i'm aiming for 140, as i'd like to put on muscle.

since i'm down from 242, i have a lot of loose skin over my abs, and i doubt i'll be seeing them - even when i was too thin, under 100 pounds, my abs didn't show due to that extra skin.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,261 Member
    I like her kettlebell moves for abs - here’s one for WHEN you do get it! Trying for the 6 pack - or 2/6 by summer πŸ˜‚.

https://youtu.be/N6OiTjUszAY
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    I’m 5’ 4 and 155-160 lbs and I have abs! Body fat % is around 26-29%? I find that weight lifting and yoga has given me amazing abs lol! I do plan on losing a little weight though (probably 15-20 lbs). I have more fat on my arms and thighs 😩 and less on my stomach! I’m a little heavier right now because I just attempted a mini bulk and my period is around the corner so I suspect it’s a lot of water weight and glycogen.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    JBanx256 wrote: Β»

You look amazing!! Fit and flyyy hunni! Are you maintaining your current shape right now or are you about to smash some new goals?

Thank you ma'am! Currently just letting my weight hover, give or take a bit, and trying to get stronger.
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    I’m 5’4” (and 48 years old) and I can see abs when I’m at about 125. This is assuming I am working on my abs, which I generally am through barre classes online three days a week
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Never seen my abs. 51 and they're probably wrapped around my knees then tied in a knot behind my back, these days.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    I'm right there with you. 5'4 and felt my best at 120. I have an extremely small frame, so I may try to hit 115 and the. Maintain/recomp.
  • glowupmama
    ouryve wrote: Β»
    Never seen my abs. 51 and they're probably wrapped around my knees then tied in a knot behind my back, these days.

Lol silly! Its okay. There are much more important things in life. 😊
  • glowupmama
    I'm right there with you. 5'4 and felt my best at 120. I have an extremely small frame, so I may try to hit 115 and the. Maintain/recomp.

πŸ’— Yes boo. Go for it. I'm fine boned too and this extra weight on my frame has been difficult to live with. Its gotta go!