Help! I don't understand one diet thing.

Hello. My goal in order to lose 0.5 kg/week is to reach 1970 kcal.
If I eat pizza everyday (just an example) and Im within my kcal goal, is that okay?

I mean If I eat badly and remain in the 1970 kcal, do I always reach my goal? Thank you.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    yup if youre within your calories, all is well weight wise. Aside from possible water weight issues that can take awhile to go away (for me its usually 3-4 days, for others, longer, everyone is a bit different)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Yes you are correct.

In fact someone to prove the point ate only a big mac every day for a full month and lost 7 pounds. Is it healthy, probably not so much. But as they say CICO (calories in Calories out).
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Pizza is a well balanced food, as everyone above has said.

But, pizza, being a multi-ingredient calorie-dense food, is particularly difficult to log accurately , so there'd be that issue. If you made it yourself, you could nail down the calories, but when you get it from a restaurant, who the f knows exactly how many calories it has?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Pizza still has nutrients of course and you could make a case for it being a "superfood" if it wasn't so hard to moderate! :smiley:

I buy my favorite frozen pizza and cut it up as soon as I get home. Then, when I am ready for pizza, I can prepare one slice at a time.

That's ****ing smart. How do you cut it, does a roller work or do you have one of those big rocking cutters?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Pizza still has nutrients of course and you could make a case for it being a "superfood" if it wasn't so hard to moderate! :smiley:

I buy my favorite frozen pizza and cut it up as soon as I get home. Then, when I am ready for pizza, I can prepare one slice at a time.

Genius idea. Really.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Yes you are correct.

In fact someone to prove the point ate only a big mac every day for a full month and lost 7 pounds. Is it healthy, probably not so much. But as they say CICO (calories in Calories out).

Was that Jordan Syatt?
  • ceruleanCrush
    ceruleanCrush Posts: 4 Member
    Yes
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Yes you are correct.

Was that Jordan Syatt?

I should probably add, he also ate a big salad every day and other quality foods brining his daily calorie count up to about 1500 per day. It just wasn't 1 big mag at ~550 calories a day. But the point was you can eat basically anything you want to, as long as you are eating under maintenance.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member

I buy a large cheese pizza from my local shop, eat 1-2 slices, then individually wrap the extra slices and put them in the freezer (the rest of the family is gluten and/or dairy free). If you re-heat in the oven, you can add toppings and it tastes really good!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member

That's ****ing smart. How do you cut it, does a roller work or do you have one of those big rocking cutters?

I just use our largest kitchen knife, which cuts about one radius at a time. It isn't usually particularly solid by the time I have gotten it home and gotten everything else out away.

I do the same thing with my husband's dairy free cheese cake, but that tends to be a bit more solid.