WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    He has his blanket and I have mine.💖
  • Whidislander
    Barbara, awe well you are the spitting image of you! Only one in the whole world like ya!💕👍
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Well paid our tax lady today. We pretty much get a refund from one the same amount as the other we pay. So we are only out the fee we pay her to make everything hunkydory. She's our one tie to the wee city of Warrenton, OR, and she treats us really well. I get a pretty folder with all the i's dotted and t's crossed math wise.

The other day I made a great quesadilla for son and I. I poured the 3 egg mixture in the pan. Then when it was set and a wee bit dry on the top, I put the flour tortilla on it. Then I turned it over. Easy peasy! The egg omelet is fused to the tortilla. Turned the heat down , sprinkled breakfast sausage bits, a cut up hash browns patty, and farmstyle cut shredded cheddar cheese Tillamook puts out. Oh and dots of hot sauce. Then I folded it in half like a huge taco. The outside was browned nicely. Son loved it!
    Mine was less of everything, but I did put tomatoes and had some blobs of sour cream.

Today is leftover kielbasa sausages, baby potatoes, and zucchini that I had made last week. I put a portion in the freezer for me. I will add it to some chicken stock I made yesterday. Along with a serving of wild rice.

Last night I sauteed two steaks for Lee and Galen, and Lee prepared the two baked potatoes. I made green beans too. Now I have their potato skins leftover in a big container. Really only thing I think to do with them. Cut them up into bite size pieces, add cheddar cheese. What do you ladies do with your leftover baked potato skins? If I was eating it #1 there wouldn't be leftover skins, lol! But neither guys eat the skins!

Pretty much used to my glasses now, no headaches or wonky stomach.👍. Going down the stairs can be tricky though. I just can't look down too far.
    Hugs to the ladies that need them!
    Birthday hugs to the gals that had a birthday or will this month. (You know a birthday celebration lasts the whole month right)? I DECLARE IT!
    Oopsy I yelled that.💕
    Rebecca
    5ab6m4w1njid.jpg

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Rebecca--beautiful blankets, thanks for sharing. People took the time to do such beautiful lasting work. I am working on knitting baby blankets for several expecting great grandbabies and neices and church. Helps me relax and get a lot done when riding in the car.

About time to get ready for monthly management meeting. Long and I work hard to stay awake.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE Where it is almost 80 degrees today. Cool down starts in a couple day. <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited March 2021
    Quite pleased with myself in that I managed to leave some of the cauliflower cheese for tomorrow lunch. I could easily have eaten it all, but the calories are terrifying. :o I will really enjoy it tomorrow. Totally delicious.
    AF again today. Three days in a row. o:)

I wish DH would consider genetic testing. He has no idea who is his father is. He doesn't want to do it.

At the moment I am trying to let the idea of booking a cruise for next year ferment in his brain. He seemed interested. He is worried about his vestibular problems and the necessity to pee often at night. No fun if it's stormy. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Oakie in TX: I hope the well company is able to complete the task of putting in a new pump for your well in one day. Sending good thoughts your way. :flowerforyou:

(((Pat C OH))): I hope the surgeon can help. :heart:

I stocked up on frozen brussels sprouts, fresh broccoli & fresh carrots. DH wanted corned beef this evening. He used to love corned beef and cabbage, but he can’t eat cabbage the way he was brought up. I hope the substitutes don’t upset his tummy. I know the broccoli won’t bother him but I’m not sure about the brussels sprouts.

We had our first vaccinations at the end of February. Our next vaccinations will be at the end of March. I am looking forward to receiving them. I hope for a better spring and summer for all of us. :star:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    It is cold and raining here.
    I have about 3 pounds of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thin, simmering in some simple syrup. The house smells so good. When it is ready(tender), it will go in the dehydrator to make candied ginger. I eat a lot of it for my stomach and got tired of buying it(expensive to me) and was using my dehydrator for other things (mango,pineapple, persimmons, apples, persimmon fruit leather,) I did some ginger infused pineapple, simmering the pineapple in the syrup after the ginger. Oh MY GOODNESS, that is so good. I will be picking up another pineapple this week to do again with this syrup. Then, with the syrup that is left after that, I have put it in a little jar and add a teaspoon to my tea in the morning- SO good. I have a bunch of apples so may try to infuse them with ginger. Making a lot so I can share it again. Have had a few requests from people who got some for Christmas. Love using the dehydrator that was my grandma's.

Debbie
  • Whidislander
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Rebecca--beautiful blankets, thanks for sharing. People took the time to do such beautiful lasting work. I am working on knitting baby blankets for several expecting great grandbabies and neices and church. Helps me relax and get a lot done when riding in the car.

About time to get ready for monthly management meeting. Long and I work hard to stay awake.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE Where it is almost 80 degrees today. Cool down starts in a couple day. <3

I think anyone that knits, does croquet, or builds quilts is such a creative spirit! That's very admirable of you to knit for your church, and grand baby's!💖
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited March 2021
    This is the brownie recipe. I don't put the walnuts in because the grandchildren don't like them. I don't serve them with chocolate sauce.
    They are calorie bombs and expensive to make, but absolutely heavenly.

9s8nr0qkooia.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

If you want a more readable recipe just Google waitrose walnut and choc chip brownies.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    REBECCA: I scrub the potatoes with a brush before I microwave/bake them and we eat the skin as we eat the inside.

FLEA: That bell sounds like a miracle.

HEATHER: Thanks for the recipe. I love brownies!

Carol in Ga
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 35.28min, 18.7amph, 138ahr, 165mhr, 89elev, 11.02mi= 361c
    Strava app = 206c
    Walk w/family- 2hrs 19min 4sec, 94ahr, 130mhr, 3.14ap, 7.35mi= 670c
    Strava app = 891c

Total cal 1031
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member

that is very cool. Don't think our dog would have figured it out- she had an electronic collar/doggy door- when she walked by it, it opened then closed right behind her(no critters coming in like with a regular dog door). We only had one cat that figured out how to stand right by her and run out when she was going out or coming in.
    Having that dog door was great- no more getting up in the middle of the night a few times a night(of course, no one else heard the dog scratching on the sliding glass door but me).

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    REBECCA: I scrub the potatoes with a brush before I microwave/bake them and we eat the skin as we eat the inside.

FLEA: That bell sounds like a miracle.

HEATHER: Thanks for the recipe. I love brownies!

Carol in Ga

That sounds really easy. My husband does the potatoes and that involves a stick of margarine I swear! I think if I made Lee change the way he makes them, his head would implode.😂😂 lol
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Allie: I am sorry for your nosebleed. I’m glad that it stopped and you were able to get your medicines and go home. :star:

Okie: Congratulations on having WATER!!! :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: We are like Peach. We scrub our potatoes with a brush before we microwave or bake them. We also like eating the skin. :smiley:

Lorri from So CA: Welcome! :star:

I spent the past half hour riding my tryke on its trainer in the garage and reading a book. I enjoyed every minute and did a good job burning caloires. This evening I will be attending a committee meeting. Everyone will be wearing masks or participating via ZOOM.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon