Thank you for ignoring me! I lost 11 pounds.

13»

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    I felt the same way when I sent you a personal message and you didn't read or respond to it.
    Ddsb11 wrote: »
    This post strikes me as someone needing some kind of counseling or therapy. Your tone is lacking any personal responsibility or compassion for other people. I hope that you can remove your expectations from complete strangers and find peace with yourself on your journey.

I assume a woman who feels the need to use an avatar like yours on a public health and weight loss page, must know a thing or two about therapy.

You don't seem very "Happy" to me.

Are you friends? If not, then messages won't go through. Just a thought.
  • AmyE26
    AmyE26 Posts: 43 Member
    edited March 2021
    Congratulations, do they have loads of friends on their list? sometimes with all the status's going up people my not see everything (I do make a point of looking at people's profiles but I don't have many friends on MFP)
  • TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    I felt the same way when I sent you a personal message and you didn't read or respond to it.
    This post strikes me as someone needing some kind of counseling or therapy. Your tone is lacking any personal responsibility or compassion for other people. I hope that you can remove your expectations from complete strangers and find peace with yourself on your journey.

I assume a woman who feels the need to use an avatar like yours on a public health and weight loss page, must know a thing or two about therapy.

No, we are not friends.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

This actually made me chuckle. IDK why.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member

No, we are not friends.

There is a bug (or feature?) in mfp... You cannot send someone a message unless you're mfp friends... A hack is that if you each message each other, then after that, I think messages start flowing.

So it's not that people are ignoring messages, it's just that they don't get them. 😊
  • Talyn63
    Talyn63 Posts: 7 Member
    Congratulations! Great job!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    I lost 16 lbs in the last 2 months. But I am sure that there is nothing to be proud here, while I was so dumb to put over 50lbs in the last 2 yeas. And I am ashamed of this. Creating "challenges" is very human.
    Here is a nice article about "Motivation". May be it will help
    https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/motivation-youre-doing-it-wrong/
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    First of all, congratulations on your weight loss. Well done! May it be only the start of many more to come.

I came here four years ago and three years later, the day when I finally hit my goal weight -meaning I had lost 156 pounds- I expected fireworks to shoot out of my computer. Surely MFP would acknowledge my success. Yet nothing happened. I was crushed, but not for long.

In the three years it took me to lose all the weight (I did it in snail speed) I wrote a blog. I was loud, I made noise, I logged and posted in my newsfeed. Tears and laughter, all my thoughts. I deleted inactive friends, cleaned up my friendslist regularly. I needed motivation and support. I was vulnerable -still am. I was the fat lady on a mission. I took a part of MFP and made changed it to my liking. I deleted friends I rudely and selfishly declared 'inactive' mainly because watching them not succeed would have given me an excuse to do the same.

I stayed with the active ones, the ones who pushed me and even dared to criticize me. I needed it and they did too.
    Find out what you need. Be loud, make noise, be successful and enjoy the journey to a healthier and slimmer version of yourself.

You will get some heat and negative comments. Read it and let it go. Celebrate your successes. Reward yourself when you hit a milestone. I even wrote a contract with myself and listed the rewards I would give myself. It was fun -still is.

11 pounds is huge! Great work. It's just the beginning!

I loved your blog and really miss your updates :(
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    So many of the comments were helpful. Thank you. Others were downright mean and meant to hurt. Thank you as well. It gave me a clear sense of what I am looking for here. I never did Facebook or Instagram, not sure what to expect at a social media place.

I am morbidly obese. I am a people person more than ever. Working at home during covid has been hard. I love working in a group. I need praise and recognition when I start something new. It gets me going. I am happy. I am not happy with the number on the scale. I wish for success (always.) The first big weightloss was important to me.

The answers have given me lots to think about. Thank you. Now I know what I want and why. I need active friends on MFP for various reasons.

I want to learn from them. Maybe snoop through their diaries to see what they eat. I want to read about their successes or failings to help as well. I want a group where I can ask questions, like the database here. It's confusing. I want active friends to help me through a slump (there will be many.) Most of all I think seeing others struggle the way I am could be helpful. I hope to get motivation and inspiration. Sometimes it takes a village...

I am doing this for me but I believe it will be easier with others.

You can definitely find all those things on MFP, just don't expect to have people interact with you if you're not going to make the effort to interact with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!