Protein powder pancakes (flourless and actually good!)

These simple pancakes are flourless, high protein and tasty. There are a few variations you can try to match your needs.

2 scoops vanilla protein powder (my powder weighs 49 grams, but this is flexible because you control the amount of liquid)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons-1/4 cup water (you can also use milk of choice or even greek yogurt to add extra moisture)
Optional: fruit, nuts or chocolate to add to pancakes after you flip them.

To make: stir together the protein powder and baking powder.

In another bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add the dry mix to the eggs and stir. Then add your water (or milk/yougurt) as needed to achieve a typical pancake consistency. They will still rise if they are too thin, they will just spead a lot.

Cook over medium to high heat on the stove top. Be careful, because these will cook pretty fast. You will start to see bubbles forming when it is time to flip them. This is a good time to add any fruit or toppings before fliping. (I used frozen raspberries).

Makes about 3 pancakes.
0d44sjcevblr.jpg

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Awesome!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Been making a similar recipe for YEARS. never gets old
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    how many carbs in the protein powder per serving?
  • Catherine_and_Hobbes
    Catherine_and_Hobbes Posts: 81 Member
    Oooo saving this. Thank you!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Mmmm, now I want pancakes!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    how many carbs in the protein powder per serving?

I assume it would depend on what brand you chose. Mine has less than 1 g carbs.
  • quiksylver296
    Tried these today. Pretty good! A little eggy, I might try them with only one egg next time. Thanks for the recipe, @Fit_Chef_NE!
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    edited March 2021
    Looks really good! Thank you for sharing!
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Are they dry and rubbery? I need a fluffy pancake!
  • noturningback_215
    noturningback_215 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm going to have to finally give this a try..I've been wanting to make these for quite some time..Thanks!
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    For those of you who have tried this recipe, have you ever tried starting with a protein pancake mix (trader joe's or kodiak) and adding protein powder to those? I was wondering how it would compare.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    This was awesome!
    I used a scoop of body fortress plant protein vanilla, with an egg, baking powder and oat milk. Also added a dash of cinnamon. Came out great. Maybe next time Ill try using greek yogurt instead of oat milk....

I also made kodiak chocolate chip pancakes for the kids with some pea protein mixed in and it was also great!
  • quiksylver296
    I tried a variation with Trutein Lemon Meringue protein powder and topped with thawed frozen raspberries as “syrup.” Total win!

40wkgx0czp3r.jpeg
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    I tried a variation with Trutein Lemon Meringue protein powder and topped with thawed frozen raspberries as “syrup.” Total win!

40wkgx0czp3r.jpeg

We use lemon berry blizzard isoclear in ours with trader joe's reduced sugar, organic wild blueberry preserves on top. Delicious. Thanks for the frozen fruit idea.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Finally got around to trying this today, it worked pretty well!

They were a little eggy, a bit like an egg muffin. I might try with one egg and egg whites next time, or perhaps I need a different protein powder. I think they just need to be a little sweeter for my taste, will keep experimenting!
  • quiksylver296

40wkgx0czp3r.jpeg

Tried with one egg and one egg white. Definitely less eggy! I’ll be doing that from now on.