What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did a lighter lift today (supersetting) and then immediately into a rowing interval workout. Felt harder than it should have. Tired still from the driving for four days and moving boxes up and down stairs for another day and a half.

Huge respect for delivery drivers and truckers. I was so exhausted after getting home last night that I went to sleep at 7 PM and slept until 4:30 AM
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    A little over a 9km walk

Dumbbell lunges
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm-dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    More indoor rowing, the usual nonsense, total 5270m; and the pre-breakfast 20'-ish stretching/yoga stuff.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hangboarded, which went well. I got 15 seconds half crimp on the 15 mm, which is good by my standards.

I then did leg day, squatting 80 kgs for 3 sets of 5; and deadlifting 100 kgs for 3 sets of 5.

I managed a lunchtime walk as well, ending the day on 18,000 steps.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    77bi19lpav05.jpeg
    🏃‍♂️
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Elliptical, yoga, handstand wall holds, ring rows and pushups...
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    15 KBell Swing
    10 Push Press
    50 Knee Tucks

12/8/4
    Shrugs
    Lat Pulls
    Iso Land Mine Row
    V Bar Pulldowns
    Dbell Bent Over Row
    Iso Pulldowns
    Bent Over Row
    Low Pulley Straight Bar Sweeps
    Plate Raises
    Seated Row

Sporty 40
    Rower/ Hip Lifts/ Crunches/ Rev Crunches/ Leg Tucks/ Cable Crunches/ Hanging Leg Raises/ Flutter Kicks
  • ZNnerissa
    ZNnerissa Posts: 26 Member
    Barbell Rows
    Lat Pulldown
    Plate Loaded Rows
    Hammer Curls
    Tricep Pushdown
  • JessAndreia
    Rowing 500m x 4.
  • MikePfirrman
    Did a 30 minute SS (steady state) row and then another 25 minutes on the Assault Bike. HR got up to 75% of max (I like to keep it to 70% max on my easy days) so I did the rest of the hour on the bike. Legs were a bit sore and I felt tight still from the lift yesterday. Not overly so, so right like I should feel after a lift. Just in an adjustment period right now. Been a while since I lifted this much.
  • AnnPT77
    20' yoga/stretch before breakfast
    4.5mi walk in the late afternoon
    31' stationary bike in the early evening
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited March 2021
    I did an hour's yoga in the morning.

I had a doctor's appointment in Central London. I didn't wat to get the tube, so I did a spot of walking to get there and back, ending the day on 32,000 steps, which is probably around 16 miles. The appointment was to check if the hole in my heart is fully fixed or not - I am waiting for flesh to grow over the device. I'll be allowed to dive if it has - I get the results next week.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited March 2021
    Did around 55 minutes today. 30 on the rower and then 25 more on the LateralX. Let HR probably get too high on the rower, but it felt easy (around 80% max) and then kept it in check better on the LateralX afterward (around 70% max HR).

Probably should have went easier. Tomorrow is a lift day and a 6K TT (timed test) on the rower. I might row first and then lift immediately following. That should be interesting. I actually did 6K today on the rower (around 6075 or so) in the 30 minutes. I'd like to say I could break 28 minutes, but I'm not sure where I am on a 6K currently.
  • deminimis
    deminimis Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2021
    I gingerly did some chins at work today (I have a pull up tower in my office to force/remind me not to spend all day sitting on my brains). It worked. Seems my shoulder has healed!! Back to strength training this weekend! Well, easing into it (don't want a repeat).
  • MikePfirrman
    edited March 2021
    deminimis wrote: »
    I gingerly did some chins at work today (I have a pull up tower in my office to force/remind me not to spend all day sitting on my brains). It worked. Seems my shoulder has healed!! Back to strength training this weekend! Well, easing into it (don't want a repeat).

I've had several shoulder injuries. Just hanging from a bar (with some assistance) can help greatly in healing it. I just got over a tweak myself by doing just that recently. I have a Total Gym and a Power Tower. The Total Gym is nice for rehab work for the shoulder and for assisted hanging.

Scapula Pushups are also fantastic.
  • JessAndreia
    Dumbbell squats
    Stability ball leg curls
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
  • AnnPT77
    20' yoga/stretch before breakfast
    5301m machine rowing tonight

My knees still aren't too sure they like my recent walk/stationary bike/machine row routine, but Garmin seems to approve: I got another estimated fitness age adjustment, from somewhere in the 30s (😆) to 28 (🤣🤣). Taking that with a giant road-truck-load of salt! Just seems crazy. (I'm 65. Kind of active, but jeesh. Someone's distorted the age-grading curve.)
    5fh1az67h136.png
  • suzr84
    suzr84 Posts: 23 Member
    I did week 5, day 2 of Couch to 10K on the treadmill. I almost put it off but I’m so glad I did it.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited March 2021
    Did the 6K Timed Test today on the rower. Much better than expected. 2:13.9 pace. Last Summer, after doing a LOT more meters, I did a 5K at 2:11.9 pace, so I'm pleased with this. 1K further and less meters this year. I think the lifting combined with less meters is working. 26:47 total time on the row -- rowing times are pretty similar to running, so this equates well to a 6K run in 26:47. Hard for a 56 year old man that's breaking down! Not close to my PB (personal best), not even in the ballpark actually, but I'll happily take this for where I'm at in my training right now.

Did a lighter lift afterward. What I could at least. Mostly all body weight stuff after that row.

Maxed out on the row @ around 94 or 95% max HR. The only time I come close to 100% HR is when I race a 2K at a meet. This is about as close as I like to come to max HR during a training session.
  • Iwannabeapunkrockmom
    Iwannabeapunkrockmom Posts: 61 Member
    In think in have the dorkiest workouts😂 40 mins of Just Dance on the Nintendo switch! Ftw!