Weight No More - March 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Mxlaw90
    Week 2
    Pw 150 lbs
    Can 146.9 lbs

Overall it’s been a good week, went to 4 hit classes over the week and then ran at home almost daily. I was way over my calorie limit one day, I was having one of those days where no matter what I ate I still felt hungry but it seemed to all balance out. I’m getting my wisdom teeth out today so I won’t be doing any intense workouts for a few days and i won’t be eating solids for a few days so I know if I drop a lot of weight it’s probably just water weight from the lack of excercise,. Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-ok at meals but too much snacking
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-30 min walk and PT

I am having such a hard time getting back on track. I have been so tired. I slept 10 hours Tuesday night and 9 hours last night and am still dragging. I need to get out of this funk.

@mxlaw90 Great week and you had a nice loss to go with it! Good luck with your wisdom teeth too.
    @minstrelofsarcasm or @melaniedscott Can I be moved to Saturday this week for my weigh in? It is not going to be good....
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited March 2021
    minstrelofsarcasm
    March Week Two

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 168.4 (March 4th)
    CW (Current Weight): 169.6 (March 11th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 64.4 lbs

Some of that is water weight, because my local grocery store had pretzel rolls on the shelf with their discounted products, and I could not resist both buying a pack and eating one with my dinner (and then not logging it). I don't expect to be losing much right now, since I'm not as focused on eating at a deficit. And, working out as much as I do, the cycle of water weight and bloat is not as predictable, which means there's a lot of factors at play here. So, am I right to blame water weight? Yes, but it may not be as big of a variable as I think.

I'll check my weight again tomorrow morning just to check how it shifts with another day to process the glorious pretzel bread.

Food:

PRETZEL ROLLS. I love pretzel anything. Hit me with those sweet notes of sourdough and granules of salt, and I'm in.

Also, I'm out of Girl Scout cookies. So, good news/bad news there.

Overall, this is not my best week and not my worst week, and that's okay. There can only be one best week. And as long as I'm doing better than my worst, because there can only be one, I'm doing okay.

Exercise:

I do this. A lot of this. And peer pressure leads me to working out more.

I took a rest day yesterday, and my body was very appreciative. And then there's today. I've got two workouts on the books, one already completed, and I may be talked into doing another spin class before I head to resistance training. We'll see. I feel like I'd be able to handle it, but the real question is if I'd be able to handle the aftermath.

Mindset:

I'm riding pretty high since the sun has made a reappearance, and I made a point to move my workstation near the window to absorb more of that sunshine while it lasts (It's supposed to rain today, so I'm bracing myself for the darkness). My weight is less of a focal point for me right now, which is also a relief. I'd rather spend my time doing things I know are good for me than fearing the things I think are "bad". This mindset may shift with the appearance of the first rain cloud, but that's where I am right now.

growth-mindset-quotes-enid-blyton.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm or @melaniedscott Can I be moved to Saturday this week for my weigh in? It is not going to be good....

Just for this week? Not a problem. If you want to shift your day for weeks to come, just let us know. Weighing in a little late is not an issue on our side :smile:

@mxlaw90 - Fantastic loss!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday week 2
    pw 158.9
    cw 158.4
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    I have been keeping up with the online exercise classes with sliver sneakers, at least twice a week. It's more exercise than I've really done in years, feels good after. Will be doing one this afternoon. I'm happy with my weight this week, was down to 158.1 earlier in the week but slacked off on paying attention to my eating so . . . . . but I did resist the urge to bake something yesterday - I could almost taste those brownies!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hello and Happy Thursday team. Thanks for all the support with my nut addiction - so crazy! I had a worse addiction with sweets and eliminated those completely from my diet 2-1/2 years ago. In fact, I ate nuts to help me get over the initial withdrawal from the sweets!

@melaniedscott lucky for me I don't like chocolate! But everything else in that bar sounds awesome!

@sleepymom5 thanks for the encouragement - I should focus on the positive!

@debbiewsharpe I have tried the portion control but it doesn't work. If I make up little bags of portions - I will just grab all the bags until they are gone. Believe it or not - I have even tried keeping the additional portions out in the trunk of my car and there have been times that I put my jacket on over my pj's and ran out in the middle of the night and opened my trunk!! Serious addict here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey on a positive note - my son is coming in town this weekend and bringing my sweet grandpuppy Sunny so I might have some new Sunny photos to post.

I am currently logged in on my computer - normally I go in on my iphone - but I have been unable to get into the community part of the My Fitness Pal app all week from my iphone. I don't know if anyone else has had that issue!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 191
    Cw 191.8
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    I guess that's not a bad gain seeing its tom week and I ate a ton of chocolate. I love Cadbury mini eggs and cant help but buy them when I go in the store. Good thing they are only around once a year. I haven't exercised all that much either. I have been super tired. Last night I did drag myself down to my treadmill and make myself walk. I almost did today but I thought it was later than what it was so I got ready for bed.
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Username: gottagetthisdown
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 178
    CW (Current Weight): 176.6

Hi everyone! This week has been a better week for me. I started a new bedtime routine where I turn off my phone and the TV and go to my room an hour before I want to go to sleep. I grab my notebook and write a page about my day and what I expect for the next day. I feel like I have had less broken sleep by dong this. My workouts and water intake this week has been pretty consistent, since Monday, the weekend not so much. The weekend is here again and I have to figure out how I am going to stay on track, if I go out to eat (which we normally do Sunday, Mexican) I have to figure out what off the menu I will eat that will satisfy me and not do too much damage. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

I'm able to get on here - yay! Site has been awful for me this week, could get on the logging pages but nothing on the community side would load.

@sleepymom5 - having food put in front of me is terrible for me as well. Went into the office on Wednesday and they had 2 giant boxes of choccie biccies and shortbread right inbetween my desk and the printer - the day did not go well :D Suppose I should just be glad I'm not in every day at the moment!
    I may be totally off the mark here, but you have had such a lot of big and stressful things going on over the past few months (and beyond) and sometimes it's only when things start to go back to some semblance of 'normal' that it can all just hit us physically and make us feel totally drained/exhausted/out of it. Just be kind to yourself and make sure you're fitting in some 'me' time xx

@debbiewsharpe - thank you for the motivational words, def need them at the moment!

@mxlaw90 - urgh, I hate those days when you just can't seem to stop the eating. Sounds like your exercise has balanced it out though x

@minstrelofsarcasm - lol, I am not allowed to look at the discount section of the supermarket anymore. I am terrible for coming home with things that I would never have bought otherwise and then scoffing the lot :D

@lennoncpa - I had to laugh at you making covert pyjama 'nut runs' :D I'm like that with biccies/cookies - I always say, I can just have one or two and then the pack is gone. Just have to avoid them now :( Yay, for new Sunny pics coming!

@gottagetthisdown - might have to try your sleeping plan, my schedule is so out of synch at the moment - I'm either getting a couple of hours max or I'm needing like 10 hours. I don't know about the Mexican restaurants where you are but a lot near me do like 'naked bowls' which is a lot of the stuff from the burritos but without the wraps, so lower cals - usually really nice.

Has been an ok week, bit up and down. Wednesday was awful since I had into the office and they had so many biccies lol, then one of my colleagues offered to get my something from the food van and I wasn't going to go at all, but... I really need more willpower!! Did low cals yesterday and the plan for today, so hopefully it will balance out at least. Had to take my friend to get her vaccine yesterday - sadly no spare ones going :D

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Thursday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-over 80 oz
    Exercise- 40 min walk, PT, stretching and strength

Finally a good day under my belt. I felt more like myself yesterday. Today should be good except that we are going out to dinner for my daughter's birthday. I am going to look at the menu ahead of time, order the healthiest option and just eat until satisfied. I also will not have more than 3 drinks. One before, one during and one after dinner.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! :)

@minstrelofsarcasm Just for this week. I just haven't had the best week and hoping an extra day may help a little.
    @pacsnc6 Nice loss!
    @lennoncpa Hooray! Sonny pics! Can't wait to see them. Enjoy the visit with your son and grandpup!
    @ljdanny Not bad at all, esp with it being that time of the month. I have been dragging lately too. It has been so nice and sunny this week so I don't know what my problem was.
    @gottagetthisdown You did great this week! I think not only getting off electronics early but reviewing your day and planning the next is an awesome tool for weight loss. It is also good that you are planning your restaurant meal, that also is a great way to stay on track. You really are doing fantastic!
    @podperson1 MFP can be frustrating. You aren't the only one with difficulty getting on the community pages. I am starting to think you are right with everything hitting me now. I am going to take your advice and give myself a break. Sounds like you are doing well, balancing the low cal days with the higher ones is a good idea. Bummer that they didn't have extra vaccines when you took your friends. We are doing the same thing here, if there are extras at the end of the day they will administer them since they can't refreeze.
  • lennoncpa
    @podperson1 thank goodness you understand my dilemma with nuts! I’ve often wondered if my neighbors see me sneaking out at night! Luckily I haven’t had any for a while!
  • lennoncpa
    tr34h0wx1sql.jpeg

Baby Sunny is at work with me today! So nice - I haven’t seen him since Christmas since he lives in Chicago with my son and I live in Michigan!!
  • lennoncpa

Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 135.6
    Today's weight: 135.6
    Weekly Steps: 48,847

Held steady this week!!!
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    Username: KUMEcyclingteam
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Week: 2
    PW (Previous Weight): 199.8
    CW (Current Weight): 197.4

• debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    @annliz23 – congrats on the loss! Great step totals as well

@goingape - great that you got the classes you want! Looks like you have a plan for getting your weight back on track, go for it! You can do it.

@sleepymom5- One Day at a time is the best way to do this! You can do it. Enjoy your daughter’s birthday and stick to your plan, you got this!

@mxlaw90- SUPER loss! Good luck with the dental work, take it easy afterward.

@minstrilofsarcasm – Girl Scout cookies and pretzels???? Moderation is the key, I am sure you can do this. Love the sun induced mindset, stepping stones to success! I believe in you.

@pacsnc6 – congrats on the loss. I did a live session with silver sneakers this week, mostly do the others and some YouTube videos. Sounds like you are doing great, especially resisting the brownies. Keep on keeping on……

@lennoncpa – well, if you have an addiction I think nuts is a good choice! Mental picture of your pj run for nuts :) Enjoy your weekend with your son and the pup. I can’t get the app on iPhone to work consistently either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it was the same :/  Love the picture of Sunny!!!! Steady with the weight is good!

@Ljdanny- pretty steady with the weight. I am the same way with the Russel Stover marshmallow products, Santa’s, hearts, and eggs or whatever is in season

@gottagetthisdown- nice loss! I love the journaling idea. Sounds like your mindset is right and that is half the battle. Looking up the food for calories, etc. before you go out and decide your best options. I find that helpful.

@podperson1- good that the app is working, very intermittent for me. The weekend is here, you know what to do. Work food often gets in our way. At school yesterday I was offered doughnuts not once but twice. Yep, I declined!

@KUMEcyclingteam – Congrats on the loss!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    429016728-5f0c752db1cbec3b2c26916647141622.jpg
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Week:2
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:187.8
    Current weight:187.6

Not much but headed the right direction. Getting smaller, clothes fitting better. Last week with trainer. Work is harder than ever and I need to catch up reading here.

I appreciate this team.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Maintenance weight 136.0

Weekly steps 41491
This discussion has been closed.