What's on your "after I get the vaccine" list?

Replies

• 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    I originally interpreted this to be after everyone got the vaccine - so that is why I said travel. I and my husband are 11 days post 1st dose, and we are having dinner at my son and his fiancées house this weekend for the first time since last summer. She had her first dose the week prior, and he is unvaccinated. I am ready to take some small steps away from total isolation at this point. We might go out for dinner next week. (I also get tested weekly.)
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    I'm going to visit my vaccinated mom and immune suppressed dad across the country. Not sure if I'll fly, or if I'll take a road trip to see some sites on the way. Oh, and hopefully roller derby will be coming back so I can socialize and hit people again. :)
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Visit my parents.
    Small family gatherings.
    Road trips.
    Restaurants.
    Outdoor theatre/concerts.
    Outdoor sporting events.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    we got our vaccines yesterday! one and done :)

for what we do on a daily or routine basis, the vaccine is not required. We are uber cautious to begin with.

But, for us to travel back home to Canada, to see my husbands son, who we have not seen in over a year at this point, we fully expect the vaccination to be mandatory to cross international borders. So... got it and now it will be a game of patience as to when we can travel without having to quarantine once there.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    trying on clothes at the mall, getting with the big group I use to have at the gym, now there is only 9 people allowed. Going to the dentist, movies, beach trip, going to festivals here in town again.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    We're near the end of the priority list in England, so a lot of the restrictions will have been lifted before we have both doses. The plan for that is to wait for the rush to die down, but I suspect we'll end up doing some things (like meeting in up to a group of 6 to go for a walk) before we're vaccinated.

I'm most looking forward to seeing family and friends, being able to go out to restaurants, the cinema and escape rooms, plus browsing a few of my favourite shops. I don't plan on going abroad this year, maybe next year.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    I am booked in for my first dose on Sunday and all I can say is I will be greatly relieved when I have had it.

Where I live on the south coast of the UK we are almost down to no cases, not quite but almost, so the chances of catching in the supermarket are pretty low now in any event, so just looking forward to their being less chance of getting seriously ill if I was unlucky.

The one thing I have missed is my regular 6 month dentist check up so be good to get back to that.

I have promised my Mum we will go out for a meal when "things get back to normal" as we are just about to miss my second birthday since this started, one of her's, and we normally go out Christmas Day - all meals out we had to miss. But we are going to wait until we have had our 2nd vaccines and the mad rush to get out and about again is over.

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Go see my mom. I saw her in the summer outside luckily but will be nice to do so mask free and have a meal

Go out for dinner someone else does the dishes

Vacation!!

We're long overdue for dental cleanings, I know it's safe to go but I'd rather just wait
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    Doctor visits that were due at the time of the initial shutdown. None important so I just waited

Socialize more with other vaccinated people outside of my initial bubble.

Go out to more restaurants than the few I've gone to that had decent protocols

Go to more gym locations to try them

Get a haircut!! I was due prior to the shutdown and just haven't wanted to risk it
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    edited March 2021
    I've had my 1st dose and SHOULD be eligible to get my 2nd any day, but I'm just waiting on our local health dept to tell me when. Unlike most other places, they didn't schedule my 2nd dose when I got my 1st.

When others are vaccinated, get together with friends and family.

When my husband is vaccinated, actually go out to eat at a restaurant

Traveling

Going to Six Flags with my kids! WE live about 30 minutes from one and my 11-year old son is/was a roller coaster enthusiast. The roller coaster/amusement park section was closed all last year.

We have visited my mom a few times--one time was more out of necessity as she broke her ankle last May, so we went down there to help out. She is now fully vaccinated as well.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    1. Stopping food shopping for my mother (although, since she is 83, that's probably going to start back up again soon. At this time though, she would prefer to do it herself. I'm really looking forward to the aisles no longer being one way.

This, if you substitute 81 year old father.

Travel, although that will depend on international borders re-opening.

Reinstating my Friday evening tradition of going out for dinner.

Being able to aimlessly browse in a store without feeling like I need to quickly grab what I came to buy and get out.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Traveling. I think I'm going to break down and get a haircut before then, and I hate working out with a mask so can't see myself going back to the gym regularly while that's still required. Going to eat inside at a restaurant. Working from the office most days, and taking public transportation regularly.

Most of what I'm waiting for is less about me being vaccinated, though, as enough others being vaccinated so we can have plays and concerts and group gatherings again. I've been looking at races and bike trips/events and hoping some will go this year. I'm signed up for one in September (Apple Cider Century).
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Just wanted to add how sad and disappointed I was to return to read the other Covid prep thread and find it closed. :( I realize where it had headed but couldn't it have been edited or something? That whole thread was currently my go-to for information; I trusted some of the input there more than on other social media.

JMO

I was working on it, dang it! :wink:

Sorry :blush: Gotta work on my patience. But Thank you!! <3
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Just wanted to add how sad and disappointed I was to return to read the other Covid prep thread and find it closed. :( I realize where it had headed but couldn't it have been edited or something? That whole thread was currently my go-to for information; I trusted some of the input there more than on other social media.

JMO

I was working on it, dang it! :wink:

If it can't be re-opened for comments, is there anyway it can be "archived" and at least read? It really is a pretty awesome real time account of the past year.
  • pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Mine so much isn't what "I'll be able to do", it's more about what my mother will be able to do. She'll be able to see her grandkids safely. We haven't seen her in person since beginning of January. Prior to Feb. 1, my kids were in hybrid learning model where they'd go 4 days and then learn virtually the following week. If she wanted to see the kids, we'd isolate Friday and through the following week to be sure symptoms didn't develop. I work from home and at the time, my husband did too. Not a perfect system, but she really wanted to keep seeing them and we wanted to make it as safe as possible.

Now that the kids are back full time and my husband is in the office full time, it's just not safe right now until my mother is vaccinated.