JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    edited March 2021
    @PackerFanInGB - I remember when Tim didn’t seem as happy with your decision to get your walking buddy, it must be nice that he walks her now.

@clicketykeys - I take an Atavan before seeing the dentist if I need any work done. I just told my husband tonight I need to make an appointment. I have a very sensitive tooth.

@mytime6630 - I love your posts right now. I am struggling with the evening snacking too. Tonight I know why at least.

@cschmitz110515 - I am envious and so happy for you that you will no longer require glasses. My vision cannot be repaired with any surgery. I’ve tried every time I see the eye doctor to see if any new technologies are available.

Sarah - I’m happy for your son, how frightening for you.

@Bex953172 - hope tomorrow is better for you.

I was supposed to be on a vacation day tomorrow, but I have to go in for a Zoom meeting.

I could do it from home but don’t want to have to ask my husband to be quiet for the length of time it might take.

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited March 2021

JFT:

❌ walk at least 7k steps
    ✅✅✅✅✅✅plant all 6 blueberry bushes and mulch the bed
    ✅Eat at least 95g protein again, that worked well yesterday for keeping hunger down
    ✅ zoom tutoring this afternoon
    ✅ go to bed early, you're exhausted

Good morning!

This week has been a blur of work and gardening, oof. I don't think I've had a night sitting on my butt yet. That said, I've only been getting up to 5k steps a day on average. Gotta push on that one.

Friday check in day, I've weighed 187.6 every time I've weighed in this week. I checked my measurements, and I think I've lost a half inch from my boobs, everything else stayed the same. It's okay, less boobs would make clothes fit better. I feel like I've been working out, with all the throwing dirt and mulch around, and I've been hitting my calorie targets, so hopefully this is what my body does when I'm doing a lot of muscle maintenance.

I hope everyone's having a good Friday!

JFT:
    -walk 7k steps
    -eat at least 95g of protein
    -load dirt into the second raised bed
    -wrap wedding presents, lay out wedding outfits, do nails
    -drink a cup of green tea and eat one (1) square of good dark chocolate to celebrate the week.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    edited March 2021
    🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛🍀
    🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤 MARCH 🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛
    🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐥🐤🦆🌷🐛🍀

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    March Daily Goals: Week: 2
    Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 4/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 4/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 4/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 4/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 4/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Fri 12 March :
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Weigh/post weight 🎉
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away
    • Outdoor walk
    • Write for 30 minutes🎉
    • Daily Chores 🎉
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉
    • Daily goals update🎉

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:💧💧💧💧💧
    March:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧

Terri 🦄

• TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2021
    Off colour at the beginning of the week, but it has passed.

Off days are normal. They pass. Why would I waste time and energy stressing over them? I should know from experience what happens when I over indulge. So why should I be surprised when it happens?

I ate cupcakes AND cake.
    I got bad bellyache.
    It isn't worth the pain,
    but will I do it all again?

@mytime6630 - I thoroughly concur with reframing your thoughts. I believe that choosing to commit myself to permanent lifestyle changes is crucial to my future well-being.

7xl05ednylzq.jpg
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yesterday was a big day for the family, Sierra signed her letter of intent and committed to row for Robert Morris University outside of Pittsburgh. I look like $h!t in the pictures, but it wasn't about me. She was so happy, and is very excited to start the next chapter of her life.

Side note: the mascots for her HS team and her college team are crazy similar...

Then Tim and I went out for date night and played Game of Thrones trivia. Redid my hair and makeup that got rained on before the signing pictures, so I looked a bit better for dinner and drinks. Bonus we won. I really hate to lose so I studied up on it and finally watched the last season. It really is amazing how much useless knowledge I can store and recall in a short period of time.

I actually really needed yesterday, I've been in an awful low mood this week. No real reason, I've just be a mess. I feel a bit better today and have a fairly busy day on the schedule with work and a swim meet this evening. I somehow became head timer for the races, which is weird since I have little experience, but really how hard is it to start a stopwatch. Anyway, it's the only way I can see the meet is if I'm working it. My youngest is really enjoying being on the team and her times have been improving quite a bit. It's nice to see her work hard and reap benefits.

JFT Friday

- Work by 8:00 :( 8:10
    - Finish up Kevlar project
    - Train operators on new tech
    - Go buy a new South T-shirt for the meet (mine are too small :( )
    - Swim meet
    - Dinner, probably out by the time the meet is over
    - Watch Sierra's interview on the news

1d8kdakulo2u.jpg
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Friday 3/12/2021
    Happy Friday! One more warm day before the weather cools down a bit – perfect for an outdoor gathering with my daughter and her family. Perhaps it’s because I got tons of rest and feel so much better today – the only remaining side effect is a bit of soreness in my upper arm – but I’m full of energy today. And with Spring just around the corner and vaccination rates on the rise, I can’t help feeling hopeful and happy.

Wishing you all whatever you need today <3

Daily goals
    • Log
    • Bike or walk
    • Reflect and post

JFT Friday 3/12
    • Grocery store
    • Put house in order for the weekend
    • Prep food for the weekend
    • Relax with family around the firepit

• pridesabtch
    @Bex953172 Hugs girlie. I feel ya. Wish there was something that could ease the day for you. Life can be brutal sometimes, but you will rise above it!

@cschmitz110515 Glad to hear the eye surgery went well and super proud of the healthy lifestyle you've created.

@jeschepp Being a therapist right now has got to be taxing. I'm glad there is good to balance the bad. Don't forget to take care of you while caring for others.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Thursday Mar 11
    Scale 197.6
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 😕 I just forgot, I wasn’t trying to hide anything from myself.

JFT - Friday Mar 12
    Scale 197.0
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

@pridesabtch -congratulations to Sierra. What a proud parent moment. What will she be majoring in?

• pridesabtch

@pridesabtch -congratulations to Sierra. What a proud parent moment. What will she be majoring in?

She is going into nursing. I tried to talk her into physicians assistant, but she was set on nursing. We are extremely proud of her.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited March 2021
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    SW: Mar 5: 193

Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2

Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking.

Mar 5: 193 -- stayed the same, but had 2 days of eating icecream and peeps

Mar 12: 192.6. Started challenge of the rest of the month NO nite time eating at all.
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2021
    mytime6630 wrote: »

So for the rest of this month, I am keeping it simple .. to just 2 goals.

JFT, Thurs, mar 10
    1. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. The kitchen is CLOSED at 8pm. I will brush my teeth, and only drink water. I had enough food all day ... I don't need more food! And IF I have a day where I plan a snack ... eat only in the kitchen. My office is now off limits to any food!! :) Kept a LARGE pitcher of crystal lite next to me... ha ..drank the entire jug! Listened to podcasts, kept busy sewing, went downstairs away from food
    Distractions: Get on MFP and post; go for a walk; read success stories; sit in patio room with ipad and listen to Podcasts: email some friends; go downstairs and listen to music with hubby .. away from the kitchen.
    2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water :) Easy to do yesterday!

March:💧💧💧💧💧 💧💧💧💧💧

JFT, Friday, mar 11
    1. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. The kitchen is CLOSED at 8pm. I will brush my teeth, and only drink water. I had enough food all day ... I don't need more food! And IF I have a day where I plan a snack ... eat only in the kitchen. My office is now off limits to any food!!
    Distractions: Get on MFP and post; go for a walk; read success stories; sit in patio room with ipad and listen to Podcasts: email some friends; go downstairs and listen to music with hubby .. away from the kitchen.
    Day 2

2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water
  • mytime6630
    8np1uz7dbvu2.jpg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Loving your motivational quote @mytime6630
    I found this and found it highly amusing yet accurate lol
    cfgbco2d0477.jpg
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Loving your motivational quote @mytime6630
    I found this and found it highly amusing yet accurate lol
    cfgbco2d0477.jpg

Made me laugh .. so me!!
  • mytime6630
    Hoping you all have a really good weekend. WE can do this! No nite time snacking (only what is planned), lots of water. Remember how good we will feel in 3 months!

hix21i61rdul.jpeg
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    @pridesabtch I love your family photo! Beautiful smiles!!! You are right to be proud of your girls.

@CupcakeCrusoe I am sure throwing around bags of soil & mulch are using plenty of muscles!

@mytime6630 Thanks for sharing the post about online friends. So true!

JFT 3/12 F
    1) Surgery center 9 a.m. for pressure check :smiley: both eyes good
    2) Move hourly
    3) Log food / 12c water
    4) Walk dog if feeling normal = short route around neighborhood 2.83 mi on sunny day and I can see clearly B) happy dog & happy me
    5) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / no alarm for Sat.

Wearing jeans without give today & waist feeling pinched. I know I've been eating too much (a result of not logging sometimes :s ). No exercise for four days since eyes were goofy & naps were a priority. Too bad the scale is all-knowing. :D That's ok, I'm always a work in progress. There is no deadline.

I've been reading the motivational posts. For me, it's about my mindset and the decisions I make. I love this post https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818701/the-myth-of-motivation-and-what-you-need-instead/p1

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    For Friday

-Work out for 90 minutes: 94 minutes
    -1999 calories:Day four down 1885

For Saturday, keep the focus on these two commitments:

-Work out for 90 minutes:
    -1999 calories:

• Snowflake1968
    edited March 2021
    JFT - Friday Mar 12
    Scale 197.0
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂

JFT - Saturday Mar 13
    Scale 196.8
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

@pridesabtch - nursing takes a special heart.

@cschmitz110515 - all of my pants are uncomfortable right now. I’m hoping that I can get out walking a bit this week and start working on them fitting better again.

@mytime6630 - love the quotes

@bex953172 - that’s me too!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFT, Friday, mar 11
    1. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. The kitchen is CLOSED at 8pm. I will brush my teeth, and only drink water. I had enough food all day ... I don't need more food! And IF I have a day where I plan a snack ... eat only in the kitchen. My office is now off limits to any food!! :/ Hubby wanted popcorn, and I was so tired, had a bowl. Then he wanted Orange Julius drink, and again, I had a glass. But ... I stopped at that, so even though I broke my challenge, I did not go overboard

2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water :) -- Water is getting easier.

March:💧💧💧💧💧 💧💧💧💧💧💧💧

No Nite time eating Days: :)>:)

I am getting much better with the water challenge .. nite time eating is still hard. Hey .. I got in one day. Trying to get at least 5 days in a row. But, the good thing was that last nite it was only popcorn and a orange drink, and I stopped at that.
    We were super busy all day doing silk screening stuff, so being overly tired did not help. THen last nite I was awake until 2 am again .. so I have to be careful today. Tired = wanting to eat all day.

JFT, Sat, mar 12
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. The kitchen is CLOSED at 8pm. I will brush my teeth, and only drink water. I had enough food all day ... I don't need more food! And IF I have a day where I plan a snack ... eat only in the kitchen. My office is now off limits to any food!! Trying to at least get 5 days in a row! Come on. I can do this!

2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water
  • TerriRichardson112

🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛🍀
    🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤 MARCH 🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛
    🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐥🐤🦆🌷🐛🍀

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    March Daily Goals: Week: 2
    Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 6/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 6/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Sat 14 March:
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Weigh/post weight 🎉
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away 🎉
    • Local shopping 🎉
    • Write for 30 minutes🎉
    • Daily Chores 🎉
    • Puzzles: 🎉Watch TV: 🎉
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice 🎉
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉
    • Daily goals update🎉

March:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧

NLNS
    LNS: 0
    Me: 6

Terri 🦄