40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 64/365
    Body: 27/120
    Heart: 2/15
    Mind: 5% complete

Broad back done! (BB rows, BB shrugs, pulldown/chindowns, face pulls, preacher curls)

• 190reasonswhy
    190reasonswhy Posts: 25 Member
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    1972 boy here... So I'll be in the 50+ catagory soon enough. :pensive:
    I’m a 1977 baby. Born at the peak of Disco. My Dad had a pretty sweet purple leisure suit 😂👏🏻
  • 190reasonswhy
    190reasonswhy Posts: 25 Member
    Hey kids, hope all is well.

Happy Friday.

I am down 5 pounds. I wasn't even trying. I'll take it.

Putting a lot of emphasis on legs 🦵and my back.

One of my 🐕's is slowing down and I know the inevitable is slowly upon me. Been to the vet a lot over the last 2 weeks with him. We are having all kinds of celebrations with him in the meantime.

Have a great weekend ahead.
    Congrats on the 5lbs and sorry about the 🐕 not a good thing to cope with for sure.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    I just stepped on the scale after "the move" this morning. I am down 16 lbs since Sept (down 15 lbs since I started using the WW app), so the trend is definitely going in the right direction! Hubby did NOT get the (basement) gym finished, so I will be doing a "season of cardio" for the foreseeable future.....which is fine. I choose not to complain - our new house is so lovely and I am so happy to have a home at all!!
  • hmmilldecidelater
    hmmilldecidelater Posts: 1 Member
    Oh good, I was hoping people in their 40s had a space here lol. I just turned 40 a couple weeks ago, and so much in my mindset has changed.. almost instantly. The first thing I noticed is how many people in their mid 20s to early 30s I follow on socials for fitness and health inspiration, and that it might be WHY I am having such a hard time relating to them.

Anyways, this is a new account, but I have used MFP off and on before. Hoping to find a healthy balance and figure out how to do this in a sustainable way.
  • 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    Got room for more?
    I'm a '74 baby. Crap.. Been here in the past but really focused now. It seemed like once I hit 42, I noticed lots of changes. More aches and pains in joints, eye sight (need reading glasses +1.25) and the dang grey hair. LOL! I guess it could be worse.

After a crappy 2020, I wanted to make significant changes in 2021 to focus on my health and lose weight. Healthy body, healthy mind as they say.
    I'm down 17lbs since Jan 1 all using CICO and exercise 5x a week. Mostly Youtube videos - Caroline Girvan, Brian Syuki and FitnessBlender. Love strength, walking, step and kettlebell.

Making this my lifestyle.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Chest, Shoulders and Triceps= DONE!
  • gam3rguy
    LEGS! DONE! 🤮👍
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

I put my baby boy down early this morning. It's been a trying few weeks. Hiking will not be the same without him.

A brisk walk is all I can handle today.

Have a great evening ahead.

Be strong, Kym. You've got a few tough days ahead.

I'll take you hiking with Daisy and myself (virtually) until you get a new companion.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member

I put my baby boy down early this morning. It's been a trying few weeks. Hiking will not be the same without him.

Be strong, Kym. You've got a few tough days ahead.

I'll take you hiking with Daisy and myself (virtually) until you get a new companion.

Steve,

It's was agonizing watching him decline. Not seeing him at the door when I got home is when the reality of it set in.

I'd be honored to virtually hike with both you and Daisy.

Thanks for your kindness.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Hey kids,

Took a walk again today.

I know my baby boy does not want me to be sad, yet I am.

Have a great day ahead.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Hey kids,

Walked today.

My body is definitely craving weights.
  • gam3rguy
    Shoulders and Traps=Done!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    (((caramel)))

I hope you can get back to weightlifting soon.

I have not lifted weights in 3.5 weeks....the longest break in a decade!

The Home Gym is not built and all the basement boxes are in the way. I am walking outside when I can. I hope the Home Gym is done in the next 6- to 8- weeks. I expect I will have lost strength — I don’t want to stress about it. I have enough stress!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 71/365
    Body: 31/120
    Heart: 2/15
    Mind: 5% complete

Gotta do better at keeping up with my logging... In the past week, I hit the gym 3 times...

Heavy (5x5) Deadlifts
    Moderate (3x10) Chest & shoulder & tri's
    Heavy (5x5) Back & bi's

What was UNscheduled was helping my son move out of his apartment and back into my basement, rushing to try to beat the blizzard.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Did my second kettlebell marathon doing long cycle. Managed to do 35 minutes at 12kg and then dropped to 8kg for the rest when I felt my hands ripping.
  • gam3rguy
    Chest, Shoulders and Triceps= DONE!