JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Off topic but is anyone else receiving friend request from bots?
    I've had 3 different requests recently, but all same picture of a girl in underwear with her butt in the air facing the cameraπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Declined obviously, but anyone else and does anyone know where I can report that on MFP?
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    For Saturday, keep the focus on these two commitments:

-Work out for 90 minutes: 88 minutes
    -1999 calories: 1907 = Five days down

For Sunday, focus on these two commitments:

- Work out for 60 minutes:
    - 1999 calories:

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    I've had 3 different requests recently, but all same picture of a girl in underwear with her butt in the air facing the cameraπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Declined obviously, but anyone else and does anyone know where I can report that on MFP?

I get so many friend requests, and haven''t really looked at them.. so today I did. I got friend requests from 2 that like you said, have barely anything on with their butts facing the camera.. Jerseyboy, and can't remember the name. If they are posing like that, I would not accept the request! And I think you can report them... just not sure how that is done though.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Totally missed checking in yesterday. Did my wind down from the week and popped in a movie and then went right to bed! Have been having some slight hip pain and decided it was time to upgrade my shoes. I got a pretty nice pair of Brooks running shoes and wowza. I tried them out for a walk/run today and they are like walking on clouds! A big difference from my cheapie sneakers I bought years ago. I got some bright pink laces to swap out. The shoes are a dark gray and the needed some FUN. Also bought some colorful athletic socks and a pair of good leggings. A bit over my budget but right now I'm motivated to start running and I want to follow that. Just gotta find some non-slip headbands and brush up on running form and I'll be SET.

JFT Saturday:
    80 oz water βœ…
    stay in the green ❌ "treat" day!
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ❌
    30 minutes exercise βœ…
    screens off 8:30 ❌ why are the bachelor episodes SO LONG!
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT βœ…

JFT Sunday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@pridesabtch I see a proud mom with a great smile and fabulous hair! And thank you for the kind words. Self-care is essential for my job, and I need that reminder!
    @mytime6630 nice problem solving!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Saturday Mar 13
    Scale 196.8
    1.5L of water - πŸ˜•
    Log all food - πŸ˜•

JFT - Sunday Mar 14
    Scale 197.8
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

Very carb heavy day yesterday and very little movement. We went to our daughter’s so DH could get his hair cut. We then had supper with her. Lasagna, garlic fingers and caeser salad. I had Mac & Cheese for lunch. πŸ˜‚. I got home and promptly fell asleep on the couch so I didn’t snack at least.

Oh well it’s an up and down thing, hopefully it drops in a day or so again.

@mytime6630 - I end up grazing all day on days I’m tired. I understand.

@bex953172 - there are complaints about those friend requests in another group I’m in too. I have had one. I just decline.

@jeschepp - I learned how important good footwear is when I started walking in 2018. It makes a huge difference.

Today I need to do some more education for work and I don’t really feel like it. I don’t have time during my work day to do it though.

Maybe I should try a 15 minute walk today if it gets as nice as yesterday
  • Snowflake1968
    @PackerFanInGB and @cschmitz110515 - I heard geese Friday evening and just saw 4 this morning.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Hey everyone! I did it again...I disappeared on you. Work just gets in the way and I've been having the devil of a time getting up early enough to post goals before I have to speed to work. Lol.

I know it's not an excuse. My eating has been *kitten*. Stupid me bought a crap ton of easter chocolates last week and we only just finished them yesterday.

Yesterday was the first time I weighed myself in like 10 days too. I was at 185. Stepped the scale this morning and I was 186. I know that is probably all salt retention because between all the calories I burn at work there's no way I put on 3 pounds. But it's still disheartening.

So today I'm going to focus on water. No wine. No soda. Just water. I'm already at 2 bottles down and that's just at work.

I have my planner filled out for today and all of next week but I dont have it with me. I'm in the breakroom. Lol. So I guess I'll just add a small list and try to remember.

JFT 03/14/21
    - up at 5/showerβœ…
    - work 6-2
    - salad/banana for lunch
    - fold clothes during Mets&Pens game(there's like 4 loads...)
    - edit 1-6
    - something light and healthy for dinner (NO TAKE OUT
    - read if I feel like it
    - bed whenever(I'm off tomorrow!)

Havea great day everyone! I'll try and catch up on posts tomorrow.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited March 2021

JFT, Sat, mar 13
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. The kitchen is CLOSED at 8pm. I will brush my teeth, and only drink water. I had enough food all day ... I don't need more food! And IF I have a day where I plan a snack ... eat only in the kitchen. My office is now off limits to any food!! Trying to at least get 5 days in a row! Come on. I can do this!
    Distractions: Went for a 4 mile walk before dinner .. that helped also.

:) Went downstairs with my ipad, and sat with hubby while he listened to music. He was happy to have me join him.. I didn't tell him its so that I don't snack!!! Win Win .. hubby was happy that I wasn't in my sewing room all evening and with him, I avoided eating.. something I do in private.

2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water :) Drank about 6 cups of crystal lite after dinner!

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    March:πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§ πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

JFT, Sunday, march 14
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. The kitchen is CLOSED at 8pm. I will brush my teeth, and only drink water.

2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member

πŸ€πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀🐸🐀πŸ₯πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›πŸ€
    πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀 MARCH 🐀πŸ₯πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›
    πŸ€πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀🐸πŸ₯πŸ€πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›πŸ€

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    March Daily Goals: Week: 2
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: βœ… Fri: βœ… Sat: βœ… Sun: βœ…
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 7/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 7/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 7/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 7/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Sun 14 March:
    • Meditation πŸŽ‰
    • Weigh/post weight πŸŽ‰
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away πŸŽ‰
    • celebrate Mother’s Day πŸŽ‰
    • Morning coffee with DYD πŸŽ‰
    • Family Skype
    • Daily Chores πŸŽ‰
    • Puzzles: πŸŽ‰Watch TV: πŸŽ‰
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice πŸŽ‰
    • Keep up to date with email πŸŽ‰
    • Daily goals updateπŸŽ‰

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    March:
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

NLNS
    LNS: 1
    Me: 6

Terri πŸ¦„
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    @Bex953172 ~ There has been a spate of these lately. The techs are working on it. You should report the accounts to the moderators.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Where did today go! Daylight savings got me. I stayed up way too late finishing a book and then slept in. With the hour lost, my day seemed to evaporate. Got a strength training work out in. I've pretty much only been doing cardio and walks so I am definitely out of shape in the muscle category! But I made it through doing most of the repetitions-I showed up and did my best and that's what counts!

JFT Sunday:
    80 oz water βœ…
    stay in the green βœ…
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups βœ…
    30 minutes exercise βœ…
    screens off 8:30 βœ…
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT βœ…

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Set up schedules. MH Monday.
    3. Classes: Starter: Check LSAs. Guided: Set up layout for one pager. Indiv: WM6.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. GRADE LATE WORK. Writing script.
    5. Lunch: Burritos. Read 20 pages P&P; take notes.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Run after school?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 189.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Made it through the weekend. Yesterday I was in bed recovering from the vaccine. Spent most of today grading. Pretty ticked about that. Unfortunately I don't see it easing up anytime soon. :(
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Solid week. 440 day MFP streak of accurately logging my food. Down 4.6# for the week, 3.2# for the month. I'm still doing my self development, professional development and other action items but focusing on just two public commitments is working at this point.

For Sunday, focus on these two commitments:

- Work out for 60 minutes: 70 minutes for the day. 10:20 for the week, averaged 88 minutes a day including 4320#, 570 crunches, 114 push ups and 228 lunges. 19.28 miles of exercise walks is a 2021 high point
    - 1999 calories: 1922 for the day. 6 days complete on my 21 day commitment. Averaged 1936 for the week including my Monday outlier.

For Monday, focus on my two key commitments.

-Work out for 90 minutes:
    -1999 calories:

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member

I've been getting a lot of those lately too...I've just been deleting them. Kinda glad I'm not the only one though! LOL
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFT 3/15/2021
    1) Drink 8 glasses of water
    2) Log all my food for the day
    3) Fast until noon
    4) No snacking after 8pm
    5) Finish orders (5)
    6) Go for a walk...even if it's a short one...get outside!!!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Another Monday morning reset. The feeling that I'm so far behind on everything I need to do is only complicated by the clock change. It looks like I have a zillion posts to catch up on - sorry. I WILL get caught up tonight!

Daily goals
    β€’ Log
    β€’ Bike or walk
    β€’ Reflect and post

Friday 3/12
    β€’ Grocery store -√
    β€’ Put house in order for the weekend -√
    β€’ Prep food for the weekend – X
    β€’ Relax with family around the firepit - √

JFT Monday 3/15
    β€’ Read definition essay drafts
    β€’ Send birthday gift to my sister
    β€’ Start putting winter clothes away
    β€’ Catch up on posts tonight
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Sunday Mar 14
    Scale 197.8
    1.5L of water - :/ Only 1L
    Log all food - :) For the first time in a very long time, I was in the green

JFT - Monday Mar 15
    Scale 196.6
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

@HEGoddard0928 - Nice to see you post.

@mytime6630 - I understand the eating in private. When my husband goes to bed is the worst time for me in the evenings. Maybe sitting with your husband will help a lot, you won't get as much time in your sewing room though.

@jeschepp - When I get the strength built back up in my hips and back, I need to start working on some strength training too. It is very good for bones for us ladies.

@clicketykeys - Hope the grading eases up soon.

@WellingTX - Great job at getting the calories in for your commitment.

@teigansdad - I have had a lot of those nights where the mind won't settle. Hope you get a better sleep tonight.

@sarah74_vt - I am thinking I am going to try to get out for a short walk this evening. It is going to take time for me to build back up to 5K, but I figure I can do a little bit at a time now and maybe by mid April I can go for longer walks.

@beachwalker99 - "start putting winter clothes away", we are at that odd time of year when I know I'm not done with Winter clothes but am really anxious to be. We will probably have a few more snowfalls before it's over.

I am at work and better get at it. It is very busy right now.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Alrighty, now that I've braved the tornado of chaos, I'm ready to get back to it. For those JFTers who know, my life gets crazy at times. The past week has just been silly.

I absolutely enjoyed the day with my hubby last Saturday. It was an emotionally charged day for him, the kiddos, and me but that's to be expected after he has been away for so long.

I fell behind my college assignments so I spent the week hyped up on caffeine and averaging 3 hours of sleep a night until Friday. I spent Saturday getting the house back in order and Sunday sleeping, Lol!!!

I need this week to be stellar!! I have plenty of college assignments, an exam Wednesday, and the kiddos are home for Spring Break week. Ironically the university is not giving students a Spring Break bc of COVID so I am attending all classes virtually this week.

I fell off the wagon logging and allowed myself to miss a few B.C. pills so my hormones are out of balance. Once they get back adjusted, maybe my emotions will stabilize, Lol!! 🀣

Moving forward.....

JFT Monday 3/15/2021:

Enjoy coffee-time
    Self care
    Budget Review
    Grocery list / prep / shop
    CECO errands
    Attend Chem 4314 virtually
    Attend Chem 3308 virtually
    Complete ST Lab Report
    Household chores
    Elliptical session - 30 min