What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Mussels with spaghetti. I bought the frozen mussels at Sprouts and they are in a tomato garlic butter sauce. The ingredient list itself is good as there is no crap in it. Side of faux Caesar salad using romaine, parm, crumbled Blue Diamond rice crackers as a crouton substitute and Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing. A quick meal on a lazy Friday.

qeivuzqox9yo.jpg

@LazyBlondeChef - I love mussels! I don’t know Sprouts - I’ll have to look them up. East Coast?
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member

@LazyBlondeChef - I love mussels! I don’t know Sprouts - I’ll have to look them up. East Coast?

I first “met” Sprouts living in AZ. Absolutely LOVE them. The closest one to me now (NC) is an hour away and I am so sad!
  • Safari_Gal_

I first “met” Sprouts living in AZ. Absolutely LOVE them. The closest one to me now (NC) is an hour away and I am so sad!

Looked em up ... none in NYC area .. I shall have to live vicariously through you guys!! ☺️
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Safari_Gal_ @o0Firekeeper0o

Sprouts territory is odd. Seems to be in southern and western states. The mussels are from New Wave Seafood. Looks like they're sold in a lot of stores though I've not seen them elsewhere. Here's a site with some of the stores that might carry them:
    https://nextwaveseafood.com/stores
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Chicken lok lak with khmer lime and pepper sauce. Traditionally, Cambodian lok lak is made with beef but works well with chicken too.
    xqevoshn5dp4.jpeg
  • Safari_Gal_
    acpgee wrote: »
    Chicken lok lak with khmer lime and pepper sauce. Traditionally, Cambodian lok lak is made with beef but works well with chicken too.
    xqevoshn5dp4.jpeg

You had me at Khmer lime 😋
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member

You had me at Khmer lime 😋

The khmer lime and pepper sauce is outrageously easy, low calorie (no oil) and surprisingly delicious given how simple it is. Great on steak, eggs, fish and shellfish too. Salt content in recipe below is quite high. I would add salt and sugar to taste. For a teaspoon of ground pepper and the juice of a lime I normally add a big pinch of salt and two big pinches of sugar.

https://maknao.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/cambodian black pepper dip/
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    I got my first jab of the covid vaccine after work, so hubby cooked again tonight. I forgot to photograph starter of salad with pear and candied nuts. Main of dutch zuurkool stampot (=mash with sauerkraut) and some meatballs and rookworst (=smoked sausage). I will cook tomorrow because hubby says three nights in a row of cooking has exhausted his kitchen repertoire.
    uw6gmm2t5eho.jpeg

If I visit you for dinner, please invite me on your cooking night!
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @acpgee What can I do with a big box of spinach leaves. I sauteed up a big pan and made an omelette. I tried to cover the taste with pico and hatch chile salsa. I'm eating a big pan of all kinds of greens every day. I started that a few weeks ago. I'm not doing it for volume eating but for something else. It's really working but I don't like the taste of spinach. How can I smother it.

I freeze my spinach and then take it out in small batches to add to my smoothies :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @Okaynoomer - viewed your profile and wowza! You've worked so so hard (I'm sure)to get where you are now. Congratulations. You must feel so great. You also should definitely be proud of yourself. 👏
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Afternoon!

Brunch:
    Smoked salmon, avocado, onion and EVOO, herbs and coconut flour/flaxseed waffle.

km93hp8stp44.jpeg

Always an artistic pic Safari!