What We're Eating

Replies

• jenthejinx
    jenthejinx Posts: 2 Member
    Vegan, so most of my food is homemade to make sure there's no crap in it :)

Breakfast: Homemade protein breakfast bar (nuts / seeds/ fruits / avocado oil / cacao nibs) + 3 *black coffees (at the very least)

Lunch: crudites (apple, carrots, celery) + homemade coriander + lime hummus

Dinner: Homemade tikka masala (using tempah as 'fake chicken', lentils, chickpeas, 6 *veg) and brown basmati rice

Snack: not sure yet. Either a few raw almonds or some crudites... something with bite!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with bell pepper, spinach, and cheddar cheese, topped with hot sauce and avocado, whole grain oat toast
    Snack: A mango and some strawberries
    Lunch: Half a ham sandwich with pepperjack, banana peppers, and mustard on whole grain oat bread, chips and onion dip
    Snack: Sargento sharp cheddar and jack cheese stick
    Dinner: Thai red curry with chicken, frozen mixed vegetables, and spinach, rice, and a mini naan
    Snack: Nothing
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast - fried egg w/ salsa, avocado toast w/ bagel seasoning, coffee.

Lunch - onion roll with shrimp, remoulade & lettuce. Whole orange.

Snack - dark chocolate espresso beans, more coffee.

Dinner - kung pao chickpeas w/ lots of extra cabbage and green onion. "Chocolate Covered Katie" berry oat crumble made w/ blackberries and strawberries & a scoop of frozen whipped topping.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    Breakfast: egg sandwich with cheddar cheese and avocado. Pickle on the side.
    Dinner: carbonara, green beans, salad of cucumber+tomato+shallot.
    Dessert: pumpkin-spiced egg custard.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Breakfast: espresso with 1/2 tsp turbinado sugar
    Brunch: leftover grilled grass fed ny strip w/soy based sauce, nappa cabbage braised in dashi, mushrooms (shiitake, oyster and shimeji) sautéed in soy butter sauce
    Dinner: Thai Larb made w/pork and cabbage; mango & sticky rice; cocktail w/leftover coconut milk, Capt Morgan black spiced rum and sparkling blood orange

That dinner pretty much used up all of my calories and I'm a bit hungry now but I'll soldier through :s
  • Athijade
    Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with pepperjack cheese, topped with hot sauce and avocado, whole grain oat toast
    Snack: None (had meetings)
    Lunch: Half a turkey reuben with swiss, thousand island dressing, and sauerkraut on whole grain oat bread, chips and onion dip
    Snack: None
    Dinner: Trader Joe's frozen chicken pot pie
    Snack: Dark chocolate almond milk and mini peanut butter crackers

About mid afternoon I started to feel really bad. My chronic stuff was flaring horribly which was causing stress on the rest of my body. Then I took meds to try and help with the pain, which made my stomach upset. So it became a game of "what will my body stand?"
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    @Athijade
    Hope you feel better soon!!🍀
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast - oatmeal with PB&J, coffee.

Lunch - tuna melt w/ chopped boiled egg, sugar snap peas, blackberries, tea.

Dinner - vegan pumpkin pancakes w/ cranberries & sugar free syrup.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Brunch: leftover thai larb pork with fried egg
    Dinner: beef patty, oven baked fries w/PK chipotle lime mayo
    Snacks: Caramel Almond Sea Salt Kind bar, butternut squash crackers
  • Athijade
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices whole grain oat toast (1 with strawberry jam)
    Lunch: Hormel chicken and dressing (this was so gross)
    Snack: Chips and onion dip
    Dinner: Baked salmon with italian seasoning, steamed broccoli, and a sweet potato
    Snack: Dark chocolate almond milk

I was feeling better, but still taking it super gentle. I have plans Saturday that include a 2 hour car ride and I do not want to have to ask to stop! Even though I know my friend would have no problem with it, I am just so embarrassed to have to ask.
  • hawksgirl229
    @Athijade glad to see your feeling better today..

Breakfast pb and a large banana
    Lunch Large salad and potato wedges (crispy)
    Dinner large fruit salad and slice of soda bread
    3 litters water and 1 cup coffee..working on more water and less coffee/diet coke..No workout today (rest day) Weekend husband and I are walking the trails in our forest preserve..It's been nice weather here and I definitely have spring fever...🍀

• LazyBlondeChef
    Brunch: beef patty, dark chocolate cherry cashew kind bar
    Dinner: spaghetti w/mussels in tomato/garlic sauce, Caesar salad
    Nightcap: cocktail
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Hey guys 🐥
    B- 3 slices "anaboli" french toast with pb2 powder and jelly, and coffee
    L- 9oz of crockpot chicken breast with hughes bbq sauce, greenbeans, and 2 simply well tapioca puddings
    S- aldi protien mixed berry yogurt
    D- dreamfields mac and cheese with peas 2 bites of homemade pizza
    S- halo top with pyrue sugar free syrup

Workouts: Sydney cummings strength and cardio from today, and a walk with the kiddos 💗

LORD JESUS bless 💟
  • Athijade
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices whole grain oat toast (1 with strawberry jam)
    Lunch: French Onion Soup
    Snack: Strawberries and mango
    Dinner: Burrito bowls with rice, black beans, steak, peppers, onions, avocado, and a tiny bit of salsa
    Snack: Honey bunches of oats with almond milk

About to get ready to leave for my day trip this morning! Going to Jungle Jim's to see ALL the food. Super excited. No workout today (which is normal for a Saturday) and I am going to TRY and log but I have no idea what the food plan is during the trip.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Breakfast: Toast & Jam
    Snack: strawberries
    Lunch: Houmous & veggies
    Dinner: plan to have Chicken stir fry with a glass of 🍷- one only.

Most exciting thing I’m doing this weekend is walking dog ... & oh yes ordered a new kettle online .... lockdown/ shielding blues 🤪
  • hawksgirl229
    @Athijade I googled Jungle Jim's. That place looks fantastic..Have a great time!!!!

Breakfast A bowl of Cheerios with a mini box of raisins, small nub of a banana and unsweetened almond milk.
    Lunch Large salad and the rest of the crispy potato wedges
    After lunch 1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Dinner large bowl of fruit with Irish Soda Bread
    Lots of water. I have a 32oz mason glass jar with lid and straw that I ordered from amazon. It helps me to keep on sipping👍🍀
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Yesterday-
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: 3 leftover stuffed shells
    Dinner: Leftover homemade butter chicken and rice
    Dessert: 1/3 pint Ben and Jerry's strawberry cheesecake icecream

Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, a bagel thin topped with avocado, turkey bacon, a chopped soft boiled egg, and everything but the bagel seasoning
    Lunch: BBQ chicken sandwich with a side of mac and cheese, 1 cheddar jalapeno sausage, and 1/2 slice of cornbread
    Snack: Coffee with creamer
    Dinner: Turkey meatloaf with asparagus and roasted sweet potato
    Dessert: Either hot chocolate or a mug of tea depending on if I have a sweet tooth

Was waaaaaaay under calories yesterday due to not feeling well from my second COVID vaccine. Feeling a lot better today though and glad to have an appetite back!
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Hey all 🌷

B- 3slices of "annabolic" french toast with pb2 and jelly with coffee
    L- pineapple shake
    S-2 simply wells pudding cups
    D- bite of garlic bread and some ravioli sauce, 3 ingrediet cheese pizza
    S- crustless pumpkin sugar free pie with 1 graham cracker with reddi whip
    S- 2 buttermilk biscuits

Aunt flo is coming soooo carbs were my friend today 🍞

LORD JESUS bless
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast - toaster waffle w/ peanut butter & banana, 2 fried eggs

Lunch - crab meat, peppers & onions over wheat rotini w/ homemade "healthier" alfredo (made with almond milk and nutritional yeast). 1 My/Mo chocolate mochi ice cream.

Dinner - 2/3 of a thin crust ham & black olive pizza from Dominos...unsweetened iced tea and about 1/2 bottle of strawberry kombucha.
  • Athijade
    Lunch: 4 piece chicken nuggets from Wendy's
    Dinner: Red Lobster on the way home. Had the 7oz sirloin, baked potato with butter and sour cream, and crispy brussel sprouts
    Snack: Honey bunches of oats with almond milk

I had a good time yesterday. Was great to spend some time with friends. I needed the human contact. Bad thing was it was REALLY busy at the store which made it a bit less enjoyable then normal. To the point that another friend and I are planning a trip next month. I will take a PTO day so we can go on a weekday that she is off. I did get some fun stuff to play with now.