WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    💖
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :) We turned all our clocks ahead and will go to bed according to DST. I have an alarm set so I'll get up early enough in the morning. I have to meet my friend at 6:30 to walk the dogs and then pick up groceries between 8 and 9

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Did Yoga for Low Back DVD. Very good instruction. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone 1 & 2 Mile Walk DVD

Taxes: Vince is a retired CPA so you can guess who does the taxes! I just make sure I keep out of his way when he is doing them!

Made chicken for us for next week and then put the remainder in the freezer for later. Then made more chocolate bran muffins. Now have a pork roast in the oven. Yogurt is in the IP and should be ready around 6:30 tonight. I’m looking forward to it

M – this is how the installers solved the problem of putting a railing on a curved surface. I see you have a curved surface by your walkway. Perhaps they can do something like this? You may have to have multiple sections, but at least it’ll be curved.

Barbara – oh, I do hope this Sunday is the last time we change our clocks! That would be so wonderful

Michele NC

y8uwxrtj1lpp.jpg

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,832 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    M – this is how the installers solved the problem of putting a railing on a curved surface. I see you have a curved surface by your walkway. Perhaps they can do something like this? You may have to have multiple sections, but at least it’ll be curved.

Michele NC

y8uwxrtj1lpp.jpg

That looks like a professionally done job. I am thinking about getting some quotes and then presenting them to the agency and seeing if the landlord would be interested in chipping in. After all, I think the one set of stairs is actually dangerous and a good, solid railing may go a long way to improving the safety which could increase the attractiveness of this property in the future.

We've actually got steps like those around back which need a railing too.

bdt9btcow0fb.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Busy day working with herb pots and doing my best at getting rid of tiny ants. None are in the house now & it is better now than when I started.🙄 Keeping my fingers crossed that it is still good tomorrow.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Well slept for an hour or so and here i am awake..ugh
    Ok will make the best of it.. watch a bit of TV... and then hopefully fall asleep sometime this morning..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Allie - At present I have my eye on a couple of Mediterranean cruises for 2022. DH is in two minds because of his vestibular problems at night since he banged his head last July. He is a bit better this week, so progress is still possible.
    I am not pushing the idea, but my tactic is always just to let the idea sit with him and not hurry him.
    The other consideration is the financial viability of the cruise line, Saga, after the pandemic. I think it is a bit of a 'wait and see' game.
    The cruise i like the look of is in March, so not too hot for me, and would take us to Spain and Italy, but also to a lot of places I have never visited, Sicily, Sardinia, Tunisia, Mahon, and, in Spain, Cadiz. Maybe Gibraltar (can't remember). The weather could be a bit wet and chilly, but we could be lucky. I'm a sightseer, not a sunbather.
    I think we may wait to see if the cruises get going again in the summer. It has been such a difficult time for the companies. I'm glad I'm not the CEO! !

Hope you get a holiday some time before too long, when you've healed from your operation. <3

Sue - Over here they say you only need one jab if you've had the virus. But cancer patients on immunity drugs need two, as do obese people. The immunity process doesn't work as well.

Our local numbers now are very low. The over 60s are especially low. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,832 Member
    Ah, no wonder I'm having difficulty finding info about handrails.

What I want are called Balustrades!

Unfortunately, it's starting to look expensive but I'll need to get quotes to be sure.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited March 2021
    Son just texted to say they would be 15 mins later than planned. :p
    I knew they would, because it's Mother's Day as well as Bea's birthday, so there will be a lot of celebrating, special breakfast and presents this morning! <3
    I've awarded myself blinis, crême fraiche and faux caviar for lunch. AF pink wine.
    Dinner will be Fatto a Mano pizza and Crême Brulée. Real Italian Red wine from Puglia. Hope to work off the calories at some point! :o:p
    Weather sunny and wind has dropped. Hooray! B) We will set off, bearing gifts, in 15 mins.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,367 Member
    Heather reminded me...

Happy Mothering Sunday to all our UK peeps who are mums!

The US version is a few months off yet.

Speaking of which, have really enjoyed having our son here the last couple of weeks. He's very low key. Last night, I looked down from my Kindle at Egg, who was on her back in the middle of the rug doing her floating otter impression, and then at my husband and son, who both had their heads down, reading their Kindles. Very low stress these days, this boy, and very loved. I call him a "boy" but he'll be 28 in October.

He and I have had some great conversations while his dad's been at work this last week--his ambition is to be "as good a father as Dad is," and if there's a bigger compliment to my husband I don't know what it is. I do find it a little sad that he can't say that to his dad, but my son is breathtakingly honest on the emotional side, and his father is breathtakingly nonverbal on that spectrum.

Daughter, son-in-law and two of the three grands come in tomorrow to stay for the week, as well, so we'll have a houseful. The third grand, my oldest, will be with the crapweasel sperm donor, as it's spring break week for the kids. I would say I'm looking forward to quiet time with them, but in all reality, there IS no quiet time with them, it is gloriously chaotic any time anyone is awake. Corey will try to get Tues/Weds/Thurs off, as well.

Unfortunately, Egg will decamp to the woods for the whole time they're here, but every cat has choices to make. Hers is that she hates everyone, although she's deigned to make our son, Johnny, an exception.

Need to get a couple articles written this morning, as I will get nothing done the rest of the week.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: over an hour picking up sticks for burn pile, made tuna salad.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, input or taxes on state site, reinput taxes on turbotax, compare refund, if same or minimal difference file, if substantial difference, contact Intuit tech support, board minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments, Last week in March: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Mindful March:
    13: Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes: stepped outside to glimpse the stars before the storm.

Terri people here in our rural, conservative, county have no idea how good they’ve had it. Only one lockdown, not rigorously enforced. No curfew. Voluntary self-quarantine. Widespread “live free or die” attitude about masking and social distancing. Now when most of the state’s counties numbers are improving, our county has the 2nd highest infection rate. My walking buddy T who is so very very careful, got exposed to the virus Wednesday hiking with a new (less-careful) friend. Yep you guessed it, the less-careful friend tested positive Friday. So now my buddy is self-quarantining, again. She really does it right. I feel for her, she’s the one who lost her mother in a care facility at the beginning of all this. Will make the effort to FaceTime or check in with her every day. Shame on me for whining about what I miss. Grateful Joe and I have been spared thus far.
    Julie well done for documenting and brilliant for including humor. Best way to make the point while dispersing the tension.
    Katla insightful thought about your parents smoking to reduce anxiety. Back when I smoked, the first drag would take my nervousness level waaay down. “seeing a live mink is an unexpected blessing” Felt the same way when I first saw minks along the Boise river, within walking distance of downtown. When ants frist appear here, I “puff” diatomatceous earth into all the cracks around the outside of the house and windows. Seems to stop ‘em in their tracks.
    Allie hope you can enjoy the unseasonably warm northeastern weather ;) I used to love the travelogues screened at our high school, also the Community Concert series.
    Margaret hooray for sunny day dogwalks and feeling better.
    Rebecca I can just hear you humming and see you smiling as you prepared that care package. Well done!
    Sue in WA hope there is some joy to offset any sadness about your son moving so far south.
    SueBDew sorry to hear about the Moderna vaccine’s rough reaction. Hoping the antibodies last forever so you never have to go through that again.
    Michele “…I just make sure I keep out of his way when he is doing them!” Joe and the dogs learned this lesson too! :laugh:
    Heather your cruise sounds so appealing! Hope your wise tactic with Johnny works and we can enjoy your journey vicariously. Looking forward to it. Happy Mothers’ and Bea’s birth-days!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 13, weigh: 13; steps>5627=5145 almost!, vits=13, log=13, CI<CO=12, CI<250<CO=7, Tumble=14 Shadow=15 mfp=13 outside=10 up hill=9
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=4 x5= rx=2 dance= clean 60 mins=1.25 packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7:144.4 waah! :sad: 3/14 3/21 3/28 3/31
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=7 play=5 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Bsrbara - Thanks for mentioning diatomaceous earth. I wonder where to find it. Where do you get it? <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    Good Sunday,
    Happy Mother's Day to the UK ladies!
    We had a good time at the banquet last night. It was my lucky night! At the banquet games are played for chances to win items. My favorite prize is a brand new Michael Kors purse! I really like it. Everyone at our table won something last night. There were two paintings I liked in the live auction and two items my husband liked. We each won one of our items. It was a late night! Food was good and company was great. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if my head wasn't in migraine again. Ugh......
    Plans today include hanging with our friends and granddaughter for awhile . Then off to work for a few things. It will be early to bed tonight! It isn't that we have to leave early tomorrow, it is just a long drive for a 15-30 minute appointment.
    For now, I am enjoying the quiet of the morning as all are still tucked in their beds.
    I hope your day is wonderful!
    Sue and Allie Healing thoughts your way.
    Safe travels to those traveling!
    May your choices be the best ones you can make at the time.
    <3
    Kylia in Ohio thankful for friends and family!