What worked for you today?

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,598 Member
    Listening to a “brain over binge” podcast. All day I was thinking about what I would eat tonight and half-planning a binge even though I didn’t want to (if that makes sense). It’s a horrible feeling. The podcast helped me realize that I’m not powerless; I don’t have to give in.

I've very interested in the podcast that you found helpful. Would you please post a link?
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Listening to a “brain over binge” podcast. All day I was thinking about what I would eat tonight and half-planning a binge even though I didn’t want to (if that makes sense). It’s a horrible feeling. The podcast helped me realize that I’m not powerless; I don’t have to give in.

I've very interested in the podcast that you found helpful. Would you please post a link?

I'd be happy to. I ordered her book but in the meantime I listened to this first podcast:
    https://brainoverbinge.com/1-introducing-the-brain-over-binge-podcast/
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    If I put on running shoes I am 3000% more likely to go run and be more active in general. If I *don't* put on the shoes I will sit on my butt all day.

So shoes on. Even if I'm otherwise wearing PJs. I WILL do SOME kind of exercise that way.

that's great awareness!! good job! I think I will adopt that on days I stay home
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I wanted M&M's, I thought well maybe grapes would do, biggie for me. I was feeling stress and I use to always go to junk food.

inspiring to see your choices!! I had a dietitian tell me when craving chocolate to have an apple then 3 hershey kisses after. You get the chocolate flavor and the health benefits from the apple. But seriously, who can eat 3 hershey kisses? good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!