March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,935 Member
    @Avidkeo I didn't realize that the Fenix 6 was a Garmin. Hahaha. I'm glad you are liking it. I do love the watch face.

@marisap2010 I hope the massaging helps with the calf issues. Cramps are horrible! Fingers crossed for you that you get the job!

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    3-1 7k slow
    3-2 7k easy
    3-3 7k easy
    3-4 7k slow
    3-5 7k easy
    3-6 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    3-7 7k slow
    3-8 7k moderate
    3-9 7k easy
    3-10 7k tempo-ish
    3-11 7k easy
    3-12 7k measy
    3-13 7k tempo
    3-14 7k measy

March Total: 98k
    March Goal: 150k

Sunny, upper 30s F, with a light breeze from the northwest. Legs were a touch tired today, but that's to be expected. Thanks to all who offered kudos and good thoughts -- that's what keeps me going.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
  • quilteryoyo
    edited March 2021
    @Teresa502 Sounds like you had a great time in Hendersonville with your friends! Congrats on getting your HM in too!

@katharmonic That sounds like a lovely run, but a bit cold for me. The yoga class sounds interesting. I'm like you and would think if it was open to everyone that they would explain the poses and be a "beginners" class in order to get people interested in continuing. That sounds like it would have scared people away...I know it would have me.

@kgirlhart You had a very productive day. Glad the dog went home when you yelled at it.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,382 Member
    Happy PI Day!

I ran yesterday and will get out today for a walk with the pup later.

@katharmonic - That is one of the reasons I hate most yoga classes even beginner ones online. They assume you already know the names of what you are supposed to do and move so fast. I end up stopping and restarting the videos so much that it just isn't enjoyable.
    @marisap2010 - good luck with the job application! For the cramp, you may want to make sure you have enough water before you go to bed. I got one once during a run when it was hot and I was likely a little dehydrated. My calf muscle turned into a hard ball and hurt so bad. I massaged and walked it out but it hurt for at least a week and ended up a little bruised. You can also try some foam rolling if it isn't too sore.
    @avidkeo - congratulations on the new toy!
    @skippygirlsmom - so excited that you were able to walk your 5k! I hope your ankle isn't too sore now. Also I have never been in a race that gave shoes as part of the swag! That is so awesome!! Of course we don't have a Fleet Feet near us either.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,697 Member
    Well done @ContraryMaryMary! Looks like a beautiful day!
  • quilteryoyo
    @shanaber I forgot it was PI day. Thanks for reminding me. Had I realized it earlier, I might have ran 3.14 miles instead of stopping when I did. Oh well.

Congratulations on your great race @ContraryMaryMary ! Love the pictures. Looks like a beautiful course.

@Scott6255 Great job on the HM. I hope it is just a fluke and you aren't getting PF again!

Love those shoes too @skippygirlsmom !
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @ContraryMaryMary yay looks like a lot of fun!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,382 Member
    @Scott6255 - two questions... how old are your shoes? Are your calves tight? When I had PF those were the two things my PT focused in on as typically having an affect on PF. I ended up tearing mine wearing new shoes that were probably not right for me. Now though if I feel any niggles I first check in on my calves then look to see if my shoes need updating.

Great race @ContraryMaryMary! Always nice to have a great run and cut time without really pushing yourself to exhaustion! Your friends look very hot though.

@skippygirlsmom - love the new shoes!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,424 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Scott6255 - two questions... how old are your shoes? Are your calves tight? When I had PF those were the two things my PT focused in on as typically having an affect on PF. I ended up tearing mine wearing new shoes that were probably not right for me. Now though if I feel any niggles I first check in on my calves then look to see if my shoes need updating.

Yep, since both feet hurt I immediately thought it could be worn shoes. But I checked and I only have 250 miles on this pair. I usually get close to 500 miles out of the Ghosts (been wearing Ghosts for several years). And yes, both calves are tight, but that's my normal. I roll them at least once a day, most days twice.
    Long ago I heard that a common cause of PF was weak calves, so I do single leg calf raises 3-4 times a week.
    All that being said,.no pain this morning 🤞
    And since I get PF once a year, maybe I've been trying to get too much out of my shoes, and should retire this pair for a while and see if it goes with the shoes. Sure would be a good excuse to get new shoes, but I can't afford to replace shoes after only 250 miles. Oh well, see what happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯