Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    mssue18 wrote: »
    Today I feel hungry and my head is foggy. I don’t want to stay in bed though, so I have to deal with any anxiety that I’m feeling. I don’t want to eat through it. I’m going to try to stay on my healthy eating in a deficit. I don’t really know why I feel so much anxiety today. I’ve been having negative dreams and I am upset about them. I also want to go visit my mom and can’t until we both get our vaccines. We get the second dose in the last week of Feb. but we don’t live in the same city. It just worked out that way. It’s only a few weeks away but it’s hard to wait.
    I think if I start doing stuff today this anxiety will lessen I hope. I already feel a little better writing this because I’m talking about it. So thanks for being there! I will get through this day!!

I think the vast majority of people are having similar feelings right now, even those who might not have suffered with much in the way of anxiety previously, so know that you're not alone. Can you make plans of some sort to do something nice together once you have your vaccines to give you both something to look forward to? Not sure what restrictions are like where you are but perhaps a spa treatment, a fancy afternoon tea or day trip or something? It might help the weeks pass a little easier.
  • TOM is here and I feel low-energy. Fortunately lunch is hamburgers, which is easy to do, and dinner is baked fish and pan-seared asparagus for Boyfriend and homemade pizzas for Girlfriend and I. I made up several personal pizzas for she and I last week, so that makes life easy. I find that ground turkey with Italian sausage spicing is perfectly okay on a pizza, and I weighed out the shredded cheese for each of my pizzas to get an accurate calorie count.

Otherwise, I'm going to get the dishes done, and do a lot of gaming and curling up in blankets on the couch.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    mssue18 wrote: »
    Today I feel hungry and my head is foggy. I don’t want to stay in bed though, so I have to deal with any anxiety that I’m feeling. I don’t want to eat through it. I’m going to try to stay on my healthy eating in a deficit. I don’t really know why I feel so much anxiety today. I’ve been having negative dreams and I am upset about them. I also want to go visit my mom and can’t until we both get our vaccines. We get the second dose in the last week of Feb. but we don’t live in the same city. It just worked out that way. It’s only a few weeks away but it’s hard to wait.
    I think if I start doing stuff today this anxiety will lessen I hope. I already feel a little better writing this because I’m talking about it. So thanks for being there! I will get through this day!!

I have watched your diary since you opened it and it looks good to me in eating less calories....would a cup of tea or coffee help with the anxiety?...the quarantine is difficult for everyone...maybe you could talk to your mom on the phone or send her a card with a handwritten note....would keep you busy for awhile!...plan a comfort meal for yourself....I like lean cusine Mac and cheeses with a huge crisp salad...you can do this!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Resurrecting my Daily Goal/To Do list - doing well at the Daily Habits thread which is more or less my non-scale goals but I like having my non work To Do list going on over here. So for tomorrow:
    • Follow up for moving date with Letting Agent (moving from 2 bed apartment to 3 bed house with garden woohoo)
    • Check out second hand listings for a nice solid wood coffee table
    • Prepare Cottage Pie for mid-week dinners.
    • Prepare Tuna Mayo filling for bagels for mid- week lunches.
    • Vacuum apartment
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,592 Member
    It all kinda fell apart this weekend. Couldn't even track what I ate yesterday - not exactly a binge, just never ending grazing. So I finally just posted a bunch of calories so that I can put this weekend behind me and start anew.

Today I will put my mind back in order.

Primary Goal: Take care of me. Fix myself proper meals. Get those freaking vegetables in so that my belly can say "I'm full!"

No more grazing.

No more allowing the thunderheads that an ex-partner is blowing my way access to my psyche.

No more days of a million sorries.

No more forgetting how good life feels when I control those things that I can - no matter whatever storm is blowing around me.
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    My goal is to try and start moving away from carbs. I was on a low FODMAP diet for about 6 weeks, and unfortunately (for me) it was very rice/potato heavy. It all tasted good, but, I'm a diabetic, and I had my a1c nice and under control with my old diet :p my morning fastings have slowly been creeping up, though, thanks to the FODMAP diet. I go in on Wednesday to havey a1c tested, and my doctor already knows it might be a bit higher thanks to that diet.

But now that I'm "off" it, I need to get my mindset back into my old diet, and ditch the extra carbs.
  • conniewilkins56
    I am always so thankful I am not diabetic because I eat so many carbs....I know I should cut back!
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    I love carbs :p potatoes are kind of a weakness for me, so, I'm sad to be giving them up again. I mean, I still let myself have them, just, not nearly as often or as much as I did on that other diet.

I try to stick to the healthier carbs that don't spike the sugar as much, like whole wheat, oatmeal, fruits and veggies.

Lately, though, I've been addicted to Rice Chex cereal. I've been having it every morning for breakfast for like a month :p I need to get back into my oatmeal
  • lauriekallis
    I love carbs :p potatoes are kind of a weakness for me, so, I'm sad to be giving them up again. I mean, I still let myself have them, just, not nearly as often or as much as I did on that other diet.

I try to stick to the healthier carbs that don't spike the sugar as much, like whole wheat, oatmeal, fruits and veggies.

Lately, though, I've been addicted to Rice Chex cereal. I've been having it every morning for breakfast for like a month :p I need to get back into my oatmeal

It is so odd how everyone's body responds differently to foods. I have become a great fan of potatoes during my weight loss journey. They leave me satiated, don't bring on cravings, and don't cause the blood sugar spikes and intense drops that I experience with any grains. I have given up on oatmeal because I'm nodding soon after eating it - it is like my personal wholefood heroin! I've joked lately about how I'm mainlining carbs when I'm eating something made of refined grains. Because that is how they hit me.
  • tinkerbellang83
    :
    Today
    • Follow up for moving date with Letting Agent (moving from 2 bed apartment to 3 bed house with garden woohoo) ✅
    • Check out second hand listings for a nice solid wood coffee table ✅
    • Prepare Cottage Pie for mid-week dinners. KINDA ✅
    • Prepare Tuna Mayo filling for bagels for mid- week lunches.❌
    • Vacuum apartment✅

I was a bit late for meal prep stuff so just have the mince defrosted and the carrots/parsnips chopped. I'll make it mostly fresh tomorrow and come home from work to make my tuna mayo for lunches.

Letting agents accounts dept weren't in today so can't get moving date until at least tomorrow as they need to confirm receipt of funds. Was really hoping to get everything signed and keys for Weds as Paddy's Day is a public holiday here but I guess we're in no massive rush to move as we are paying rent up to the end of April for our current place.

Anyway tomorrow's TO DO list:
    • Make the tuna mayo for lunches
    • Make the cottage pie for dinner
    • Take out a fish gratin for Weds dinner
    • Do some strength training
    • Dust bedroom

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    This is a small one... But today I'm over the top on almost everything.

I now only take half a cream in my large Coffee (when at work). YEAH BABY!

Granted at home I just take Unsweetened Almond or Coconut/Almond blend... But it's still a win in my book!
  • conniewilkins56
    Poobah1972 wrote: »

Granted at home I just take Unsweetened Almond or Coconut/Almond blend... But it's still a win in my book!

Welcome to Larger Losers....we are all here to lose weight, get healthy and to become the person we are meant to be!...you are so upbeat and ready to do this!...we need active members to share your enthusiasm...please feel free to comment on any posts or start your own...some of us have only begun and others have been here for some time...all of us have specific struggles that only larger losers understand.....again, welcome to this great group of motivated Losers!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Poobah1972 wrote: »

Welcome to Larger Losers....we are all here to lose weight, get healthy and to become the person we are meant to be!...you are so upbeat and ready to do this!...we need active members to share your enthusiasm...please feel free to comment on any posts or start your own...some of us have only begun and others have been here for some time...all of us have specific struggles that only larger losers understand.....again, welcome to this great group of motivated Losers!

Thank you for the gracious welcome... I do look forward to participating for a long time to come! :)
  • conniewilkins56
    There is some great information in the older posts here...if you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask...there is never any guilt or shame here...
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Today, my only goal is to finish the day in a deficit. I've had a really bad month, blowing through my deficit to maintenance and beyond but I want today to be the day I get back on track. I still have at least 50 pounds to lose, I have to get back in the groove!
  • conniewilkins56
    amart4224 wrote: »
    Today, my only goal is to finish the day in a deficit. I've had a really bad month, blowing through my deficit to maintenance and beyond but I want today to be the day I get back on track. I still have at least 50 pounds to lose, I have to get back in the groove!

Hang in there!...I want to lose 50 more pounds, too!....it gets harder and harder to lose....I am hungry or think I am!....I am really sticking at it a couple of weeks and then I screw up...since the holidays I have been playing with the same five pounds!....I need to buckle down and get thru this!...so you are not alone!
  • lauriekallis
    amart4224 wrote: »

Hang in there!...I want to lose 50 more pounds, too!....it gets harder and harder to lose....I am hungry or think I am!....I am really sticking at it a couple of weeks and then I screw up...since the holidays I have been playing with the same five pounds!....I need to buckle down and get thru this!...so you are not alone!

Must be something in the 2021 air. I had a couple of good weeks in January and have otherwise been going in scale circles since December. I'm hoping this deficit break will break the circle cycle.

I'll see soon enough :)

We can do this!

Hope you meet your goal today, @amart4224 - let us know!
  • tinkerbellang83
    TO DO list:
    • Make the tuna mayo for lunches ✅
    • Make the cottage pie for dinner ✅
    • Take out a fish gratin for Weds dinner ✅
    • Do some strength training ❌
    • Dust bedroom ❌

Got a preliminary move date of next Monday.

Tomorrow's To Do List
    • Dust Bedroom
    • Strength Training
    • Clean up bathroom stuff and pack
    • List unwanted items on Olio/Freecycle
    • If builders not in, clear under bed from main bedroom ready for moving.
    • Start clearing out basement
    • Put hubcaps back on car.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    I finished the day yesterday with a 500 cal deficit. I've pre logged today at a 650 cal deficit. Sticking to what I've pre logged is my goal for today. One day at a time!
  • lauriekallis
    TO DO list:
    • Make the tuna mayo for lunches ✅
    • Make the cottage pie for dinner ✅
    • Take out a fish gratin for Weds dinner ✅
    • Do some strength training ❌
    • Dust bedroom ❌

Got a preliminary move date of next Monday.

Tomorrow's To Do List
    • Dust Bedroom
    • Strength Training
    • Clean up bathroom stuff and pack
    • List unwanted items on Olio/Freecycle
    • If builders not in, clear under bed from main bedroom ready for moving.
    • Start clearing out basement
    • Put hubcaps back on car.

This is quite the day - after a day of work! You go, girl!