Pasta Substitute

2»

Replies

• RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    I use NuPasta as a substitute.
  • InstepFitness
    InstepFitness Posts: 37 Member
    Lentil, chickpea is flour made only from beans all protein, or cauliflower pasta. All tasty lust a little different texture that's worth getting used to.:)
  • ZNnerissa
    ZNnerissa Posts: 26 Member
    I tend to substitute rice for pasta. Still high in calories but not as bad as gluten free pasta.
  • santsy712
    santsy712 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, Barilla Veggie Pasta Spaghetti .... Its tasty and it passed the Italian husband test !
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    santsy712 wrote: »
    Hi, Barilla Veggie Pasta Spaghetti .... Its tasty and it passed the Italian husband test !

Is this regular pasta with some veggies mixed in for flavour/extra nutrition - or all veggie without the wheat? I recognize the brand as a maker of regular pasta.
  • txkajun263
    txkajun263 Posts: 54 Member
    I like Shiratake noodles for Asian type meals. They remind of the glass noodles that might be in some Asian dishes. For non-Asian style, Natural Heaven has hearts of palm noodles that I really like as well.
  • sagostini71
    sagostini71 Posts: 1 Member
    babbsy2018 wrote: »
    6arz5zq702hb.png

no no no this is incorrect....pasta does not come from a can and no ragu sauce...lol
  • txkajun263
    le7xesmzjncw.png

This is pretty good. I like it with a homemade pasta sauce, and really like it in soups. i buy it on Amazon in the four pack box, and it comes without the additional packaging. Just the box and the packs of the product. It also costs a little less that way.
  • PJ_Wins
    PJ_Wins Posts: 7 Member
    I've used Zoodles (zucchini spirals), Miracle Noodle Shirataki Fettuccini Gluten Free and I will be trying the Banza brand soon (chickpea pasta).
  • txkajun263
    PJ_Wins wrote: »
    I've used Zoodles (zucchini spirals), Miracle Noodle Shirataki Fettuccini Gluten Free and I will be trying the Banza brand soon (chickpea pasta).

I like shiratake noodles too!
  • MelRealm
    MelRealm Posts: 7 Member
    spaghetti squash or zuchinni noodles are my good to when im.craving noodles
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    I had completely forgotten about spaghetti squash - the original substitute!!!! This week it shall make an appearance on my plate.