JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Snowflake1968 Thanks for the geese update. About one week later then.

@Bex953172 I've been getting lots of those stupid friend requests. I just decline. Didn't know to report them though. Thanks @TerriRichardson112 for that info & the link. I will report any of those in the future.

JFT 3/15 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Log food / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Walk dog after work
    4) Facebook Live 12:00 / catch up emails / forward ins verification form to hubby
    5) Mail sympathy card on way home / call UMR / complete surgery survey / declutter 15 min. / one other chore?
    6) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (no workout = rest day)

Today I'm back to work & thought I'd try getting up early to x-train. Silly me. With being off work last week, the clocks springing ahead over the weekend & dark mornings again, getting up early did not happen. Since daylight is longer in the evenings, for the next few days I am scheduling some workouts after work. I'm not always successful though at completing my good intentions posted in the mornings. Too lazy and too many excuses.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:💧💧💧💧💧
    March:💧💧💧💧💧 💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧

JFT, Sunday, march 14
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. The kitchen is CLOSED at 8pm. I will brush my teeth, and only drink water. :) Busy day, and I was so tired. But took my quilt downstairs to sew on the binding while listening to music with hubby. Hubby was happy, and I was away from the kitchen.

2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water :)

💧💧💧💧💧💧💧

No nite time eating days, started March 11: :)>:):)

JFT, Sunday, march 14
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. The kitchen is CLOSED at 8pm. I will brush my teeth, and only drink water.

2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member

💧💧💧💧💧💧💧

JFT, Sunday, march 14
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. The kitchen is CLOSED at 8pm. I will brush my teeth, and only drink water. :) Busy day, and I was so tired. But took my quilt downstairs to sew on the binding while listening to music with hubby. Hubby was happy, and I was away from the kitchen.

2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water :)

💧💧💧💧💧💧💧

No nite time eating days, started March 11: :)>:):)

JFT, Sunday, march 14
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. The kitchen is CLOSED at 8pm. I will brush my teeth, and only drink water.

Feel like you deserve recognition on your water challenge! You're doing great! Keep going!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member

🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛🍀
    🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤 MARCH 🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛
    🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐥🐤🦆🌷🐛🍀

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    March Daily Goals: Week: 3
    Mon: ✅ Tue: Wed: Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 1/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 1/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 1/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Mon 15 March:
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Weigh/post weight 🎉
    • wrist exercises 🎉
    • Laundry - put away 🎉
    • Outdoor walk 🎉
    • Daily Chores 🎉
    • Puzzles: 🎉Watch TV: 🎉
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice 🎉
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉
    • Daily goals update🎉

March:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧
    NLNS (7 March —->)
    LNS: 1
    Me: 7

Mini cupcakes and Lindt truffles figured large in my day (Mother’s Day gifts). No obvious effects so far 😂

UK are vaccinating over 50s starting today. So glad my girls will get their first jabs. DYD has hers booked for 30 March.

Our clocks change on 28 March. I will start gradually changing my bedtime next week.

Terri 🦄

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For Monday, focus on my two key commitments.

-Work out for 90 minutes: 91
    -1999 calories: 1980 7 days down. 1/3 of the way to my 21 day commitment

For Tuesday, hit my commitments.

-Work out for 50 minutes:
    -1999 calories:

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    So I did a thing. I signed up for a 6 month DietBet challenge. For those of you who don't know, it's a website where you join a group and put up a certain amount of money to lose a certain amount of weight. A typical bet is $35 for a month, pledging to lose 4% of your weight. If you "win" you split the pot with the other winners. If not, no money back. I did one successfully last year (pre-COVID!) and am just wrapping up my second one. Losing money is a big motivator for me lol! I've been looking for ways to shift my quick start changes into longer-term habits. I'm great with starting and short challenges, but I fall apart with consistency and follow through. The six month bet is much pricier, and you pledge to lose 10% of your weight. I believe I can do it, and I believe this will help me stay on track for the long run. Wish me luck!

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ✅ didn’t watch ANY TV-that never happens!
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Tuesday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@WellingTX nice streak!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Finish schedules. TQ Tuesday.
    3. Classes: Starter: Notes on poem types and examples. Indiv: WM7.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. GRADE LATE WORK. Writing script.
    5. Lunch: Tikka Masala. Read 20 pages P&P; take notes.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Conference call on the way home; groceries upon return?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Savory Dutch Baby. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 192.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I just have too much going on. And my uterus aches. :P
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    Monday goals
    Survive work✅
    Stay green✅
    Look at friends registry for his wedding❌
    Update our family calendar❌
    Zwift workout✅
    No beer✅

Tuesday
    No beer
    Zwift ride
    Weight routine
    300-400 calorie deficit
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

JFT Monday 3/15/2021:

✅Enjoy coffee-time
    ✅Self care
    ✅Budget Review
    ❌Grocery list / prep / shop➡️ moving to Tuesday
    ✅CECO errands
    ✅Attend Chem 4314 virtually
    ✅Attend Chem 3308 virtually
    ❌Complete ST Lab Report➡️ started but not finish
    ✅Household chores
    ❌Elliptical session - 30 min➡️ took a nap 😳
    ❌BBL DVD session - 20 min ➡️ took a nap
    ✅Yoga session - 45 min
    ✅Enjoy all my kiddos personalities
    ✅Be patient and kind
    ❌Make Breakfast for Dinner 🤗 ➡️ kiddos voted for Tuna Tetrazzini

I did not exactly "rock the day" yesterday. My intentions were solid then while attending class, I received bad news. 1st my Uncle passed away from cancer, 2nd the Saint Bernard puppies did not survive the pregnancy (so our future new family member didn't make it). My heart broke!!! I dealt with conflicted emotions regarding my Uncles passing which took me talking it out with my hubby to overcome. Then after reading the news from the breeder, I was overcome with sadness!! What a tragedy, a whole litter of puppies!! 💔

Needless to say, I allowed the wind to be blown out of my sails yesterday and emotionally ate then slept. I'm feeling better today so hopefully I can move forward easily. 🤷‍♀️

JFT Tuesday 3/16/2021:

Enjoy coffee-time
    Self care
    Tend to a few Budget Items
    Grocery list / prep / shop
    Attend Chem 3308 virtually
    Complete ST Lab Report
    Chem 4314 Exam Prep
    Elliptical session - 30 min
    BBL DVD session - 20 min
    Yoga session - 45 min
    Enjoy all my kiddos personalities
    Be patient and kind
    Make Dinner (no preplanned idea)

Enjoy a lovely day today my friends! 🌷🤗🌷
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Monday Mar 15
    Scale 196.6
    1.5L of water - :/ 1L
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Tuesday Mar 16
    Scale 198.2
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

I do not understand my scale at all. How can it fluctuate so much each day? I have changed the batteries, cleaned the feet and use it in the same spot each day. Some days it flashes a weight several times before it settles on a number, other days it works well. Maybe it's time for a new one.

Terri - I think those treats are acceptable on Mother's Day.

@MLHC1 - That was a tough day yesterday. Sorry for you losses.

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Morning meeting, so only a few quick goals for now…

Daily goals :(
    • Log – X
    • Bike or walk – X
    • Reflect and post – X

Monday 3/15 :/
    • Read definition essay drafts – 25%
    • Send birthday gift to my sister - X
    • Start putting winter clothes away - √ - Made a decent start
    • Catch up on posts tonight – X – Wiped out from the weekend, so I crashed early

JFT Tuesday 3/16 o:)
    • Meeting
    • Finish reading drafts
    • Reorganize closet
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    @MLHC1 So sorry about your news. (((hugs))) dear friend!

Recap 3/15 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 13/14 & 14.9k
    2) Log food / net cals zero / 14c water >:) evening snacking -522 & 13c
    3) Walk dog after work :smiley: 2.52 mi around neighborhood & happy dog & happy me
    4) Facebook Live 12:00 :| live canceled but watched recordings from last week / catch up emails :neutral: so. many. (plus follow up phone calls) / forward ins verification form to hubby :neutral: hope his employer completes & returns before my reporting deadline
    5) Mail sympathy card on way home / call UMR / complete surgery survey / declutter 15 min. / one other chore? several = 3/5
    6) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (no workout = rest day) :/ just that kind of evening

JFT 3/16 T ~ scheduled rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Log food / net cals zero / 12c water
    3) Complete final stage AJNH & submit for review / webinar 2:30
    4) Massage 5:15 / one chore?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog after work W)

Temps were chilly & skies gray yesterday but I forced myself to put on my winter gear & walk dog after work. Glad I did. We saw neighbors John & Diane. John always pets & Diane always has treats. Dog was whining and pulling me to see them. On the last 1/2 mile home, I saw my first robin, the true test of spring. Then overnight we had snow. Enough to completely cover grass but not shovel & temps above freezing this week will melt. I am over snow for the season.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    MLHC1 wrote: »

I did not exactly "rock the day" yesterday. My intentions were solid then while attending class, I received bad news. 1st my Uncle passed away from cancer, 2nd the Saint Bernard puppies did not survive the pregnancy (so our future new family member didn't make it). My heart broke!!!

Hugs dear friend <3
  • mytime6630

JFT, monday, march 15
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. :) Easy to do .. we went to sams, so dinner was at 7 pm.. and just leftovers. I was so tired after that... just plopped down and watched tv.
    2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water :) Getting much better with my water!

JFT, Tues, march 16
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Such a crazy emotional time for me. Yesterday, I only took 914 steps yesterday. I slept most of the day and laid around when I was awake. This is no way to live, but I just have no motivation to move, talk or be around people. Hubby has another date day planned, but I really don't want to go. I do however know I'll feel better if I do. The thing is I feel like I don't deserve to feel better. How crazy is that?

JFT Goals

- Work by 7:00Am :)
    - Walk more than 5k steps
    - Not fall apart when I get home from work.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For Tuesday, hit my commitments.

-Work out for 50 minutes: Nope
    -1999 calories: 1982. 8 days down

For Wednesday:

-Work out for 90 minutes:
    -1999 calories:

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member

🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛🍀
    🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤 MARCH 🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛
    🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐥🐤🦆🌷🐛🍀

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    March Daily Goals: Week: 3
    Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 2/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Tues 16 March:
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Weigh/post weight 🎉
    • wrist exercises 🎉
    • Laundry - put away 🎉
    • plan Wednesday shopping trip 🎉
    • Daily Chores 🎉
    • Puzzles: 🎉Watch TV: 🎉
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice 🎉
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉
    • Daily goals update🎉

March:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧
    NLNS (7 March —->)
    LNS: 1
    Me: 8

Terri 🦄
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Winter seems to be taking one last swing at us down here in NJ. After a few teaser days of lovely warm weather, it’s turned cold with low overnight temps and and even a bit of snow in the forecast. I've noticed that I'm much less motivated on these cold days. Can I wish Spring into being? I didn't get much work done today, but I've enjoyed catching up on your posts.

@mytime6630 – I love all of your inspirational posts! March has been a real struggle for me, but you’re right – what matters is my mindset. Good luck with your garden!

@Bex953172 - You have a wonderful sense of humor. It can be such a pleasant surprise to get back to oneself. I hope you continue to feel better.

@pridesabtch – Congratulations to your daughter! She must be so excited. I wish her all the best!

@Snowflake1968 – I may want to be done with winter, but winter, apparently, is not done yet :( And yes, the drive to my vaccine appts. were about 90 min each way, but that was somewhat by choice. Vaccine distribution in NJ is not centralized, making scheduling a mess. Some sites are run by the state, others by county health departments, hospital systems, pharmacies, or even community organizations. There is no central registration system that covers them all. Because local appointments have been in short supply, I decided to leave those slots for seniors and others with more limited options and go to one of the state megasites. Although I was on the wait list for the closest one (only 30 min. away), I was able to make an appointment earlier at the further one. Fortunately, I was able to get appointments for my mom and some other older relatives and their friends at sites closer to their homes.

@cschmitz110515 – Glad your cataract surgery went well! I’ll bet the world looks so much fresher with clear vision.

@jeschepp – Good luck on your diet challenge! I’ll be rooting for you 😊

@clicketykeys – Ah, the neverending grading. Hopefully you’ve got a spring break coming up soon.

@MLCHC1 – Such sad new. I’m so sorry for your loss.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Decided to try my apartment's workout room tonight. I am vaccinated and it's a maximum of 2 people. Someone came in towards the end of my workout. I struggle with vocal cord dysfunction (totally sounds made up doesn't it!) which is similar to exercise induced asthma. Of course it hit once the guy came in. I had to step out to have a coughing attack. I came back in and explained myself, and he shared that he is an ENT doc so he totally understood! Thank god. Those of us with VCD/exercise induced asthma are struggling right now. My cough is not COVID! Anyway, it gave me a chuckle.

JFT Tuesday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Wednesday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@clicketykeys Take care of you! It sounds like you are very busy.
    @teagansdad I see you with your regular exercise! Keep it up!
    @MLHC1 I was impressed with all of your checks yesterday! I am so sorry for your losses. That is just heartbreaking. Sending you virtual hugs and support right now.
    @Snowflake1968 I hear you! My weight can fluctuate a few pounds in a day! It’s so frustrating. I find it best for me to weigh in weekly at the same time because of this. But also, maybe a new scale :)
    @beachwalker99 Thank you for all of your cheerleading!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Goals

- Work by 7:00Am :)
    - Walk more than 5k steps 😄
    - Not fall apart when I get home from work.😄