Lost 200 pounds in a year! 360lbs to 160lbs (PICS)

Replies

• ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Great commitment -- way to go!
  • keke3142
    keke3142 Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats on your accomplishment!!! This is an amazing story especially during this pandemic!!! Good luck to you on your future goals as well!
  • Cdooogz
    Cdooogz Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2021
    Thank you!
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,222 Member
    Bravo for your accomplishment!

And bravo for having the courage to share your story with others. You will have inspired and helped many more than the just the folks who respond here.

Thank you!
  • jeffreyeliot
    jeffreyeliot Posts: 5 Member
    amazing ! can you please tell how much & what you ate? did you worry about macros etc or just calories?
    thanks..please help..starting about same as you !
    it's doable = 4 lbs a week..of course more at first. can you give a summary of how you lost too? like 100 in first 4 months or whatever? thanks for any input
  • Mirame23
    Mirame23 Posts: 4 Member
    Cdooogz, you brought tears to my eyes. Simply Beautiful.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Great damn job. Congratulations on your improved lifestyle.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    congrats on your success. i'm so glad to see a large loser doing it that quickly. enjoy your new life, there's a wide world out there to walk thru.
  • ciscorock
    ciscorock Posts: 2 Member
    Amazing, congrats... Stay healthy and live a long life...
  • NevrGiveUp40
    NevrGiveUp40 Posts: 5 Member
    Wow! You are an amazing inspiration. You look fantastic and I love your exercise routine simple and effective. Keep it up! Wow!
  • CSC61
    CSC61 Posts: 7 Member
    Truly, the best part of this is your smile!
    What a wonderful transformative year!
  • Cdooogz
    edited March 2021
    amazing ! can you please tell how much & what you ate? did you worry about macros etc or just calories?
    thanks..please help..starting about same as you !
    it's doable = 4 lbs a week..of course more at first. can you give a summary of how you lost too? like 100 in first 4 months or whatever? thanks for any input

I consumed about 1600 calories every meal, one meal a day, usually something rich in protein and carbs. I didn’t start start focusing on macros until I wanted to start building muscle, which was about a month ago. I mostly just focused on staying below my maximum calorie limit.

I just walked and fasted - that’s really the extent of it. I started out doing the 16:8 fast, then moved to 20:4, then One-meal-a-day, and then moved on to Alternate day fasting only after I felt really comfortable doing it.
  • Cdooogz
    Wow! This transformation is incredible. You have a humble way of telling your amazing story. Although you don't really like talking about this it is so helpful to so many others that you took the time to write this post. Well done and thank you for sharing your story.

I really appreciate that. I get really discouraged by the amount of posts online of people talking about how ashamed or disgusted with they were with themselves at the beginning of their journey, or how losing the weight suddenly granted them more happiness and confidence. I didn’t share that experience and I’m certain there are many who also feel the same way.
  • stephnstars
    stephnstars Posts: 47 Member
    Cdooogz wrote: »
    I finally hit my goal this past week! After starting at 360 pounds, I lost 200 pounds over the past year by watching my calories and walking at least 5km a day. Using this app to track my calories and activity made it so much easier to keep everything few more clear and organized. I’m at 160 pounds, which is the weight I was for the majority of my life. I’m trying to work on body recomposition and adding muscle, so the work is not completely over. Before this week, I didn’t like talking or discussing my weight loss with anyone - it made me extremely uncomfortable. But I’m trying to become more at ease with sharing lately. I don’t know if there are others who have also felt that way about their progress or journey - I’m still struggling with it. But every day is a new day and a new opportunity.

Didn’t have a gym membership. Just walked around my favorite lake every day and did bodyweight exercises three times a week!

8t2p7harbj6f.jpeg
    xpniscubtflg.jpeg
    qzt1nvcx21iv.png
    ug9ajn7onv7p.png
    76pb260br6o4.jpeg

Wow what a transformation! You look amazing! Your hard work has paid off, well done!!!!
  • jeffreyeliot
    jeffreyeliot Posts: 5 Member
    amazing ! thanks for your reply ! :)
  • SethBudkofsky
    SethBudkofsky Posts: 3 Member
    incredible!!! you should be so proud!!!
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Wow! You look amazing!! Congrats!
  • MichaelJonV2
    MichaelJonV2 Posts: 3 Member
    You are truly an inspiration! If you can do that, then my impossible does not seem so impossible anymore. Thanks for taking the risk to put yourself out there like that because you have made an impact with so many of us.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Wow.. just wow.. Amazing job, congratulations 👏
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Wo😲ow!!!

You are one determined guy! Enjoy your new life! 🌺

👏👏👏
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!