• rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Sunday
    PW: 176 lbs.
    CW: 173.5 lbs.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @pacsnc6 i justify that nuts are a healthier choice but way too many calories. I haven’t quit them completely but I have managed to not buy any for about a month. It’s seriously a daily battle!! I try so hard to talk myself into buying a can. I actually like the unsalted nuts. For some reason if I see nuts with salt - I have no desire to eat them!! Just the raw unsalted type with no peanuts!! It’s a very particular craving!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    p13bmt4naquo.png
    1jllkwmzbwoa.png
    d3twlqtxg8x3.png
    g9u7cr5vuauk.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    hhnz9qcuantl.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    3w3z3qe7pdv1.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @dignow96 3.05 %
    2nd @kerdil08 2.53%
    3rd @hope002 2.31 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @dignow96 8.8 Lbs
    2nd @lelbarou 5.2 Lbs
    3rd @kerdil08 5.1Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @mxlaw90
    @trooworld
    @888Angie888
    @Aqualang26
    @Terytha
    @annliz23
    @Fat2Fit_Kat
    @apple852hk
    @smaidiigaa

jzl3i8tybf9g.png

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Weigh in for going ape (1 day late )
    Pw 152.8
    Cw 153

Yesterday was a not great Day. Today has been a Better day. I had a better handle on snacking, didn’t make any impulse choices and didn’t get the ice cream I was craving. Once I get a bit of distance from my trigger foods it’s much easier to not give in.

Tomorrow I’m back at work so will have more structure. I’ve got a volunteer day on Tuesday and a crafting weekend starting on Friday. The crafting weekend I will be eating one night for sure and maybe a drinks date. This is a very special and fun weekend for me, although due to covid it’s all virtual.

I hope you all are doing well.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,455 Member
    Check in for Sunday
    Food-not the best choices
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking video and PT

I don't know what is wrong with me. This week has to be better.

@lennoncpa Didn't the nuts somehow satisfy your sweet tooth at one time? I am trying to remember...
    @pacsnc6 I would have a hard time with the brownies too. It was great how you were saving one donut for the following day-I would also have had a hard time with that. Lol! I have a problem with sweets! Awesome job with the steps too! I am trying to get in the habit to walk around when I am on the phone so I can get additional steps in.
    @ljdanny great steps for the day
    @rachelrjh Nice loss this week! Great job!
    @goingape It sounds like you rallied on Sunday so give your self a pat on the back! Sounds like a busy week ahead but with a fun ending! A crafting weekend sounds so fun!
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@pacsnc6 - you have more willpower than me, I'm unable to stick to the 'just one' rule when it comes to either brownies or doughnuts :D

@goingape - better days are always good :) sounds like you have a busy week, your crafting weekend sounds lovely!

@sleepymom5 - you can do this, hang in there x

Today has been average, I gave in and had a slice of lemon meringue cheesecake from my fav cheesecake cafe, but I have been attempting to do some exercise and have been for a walk the past 2 days so hoping it will balance it out. It was nom at least :D
    Have been keeping up with the IF and is def helping me to cut down the snacking. Just have to see if I can keep it up now, I tend to do well for a few days and then crack in spectactular fashion lol.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    edited March 2021
    @sleepymom5 thanks for the compliments. I hope this week is better for you.

Tracking calories and replacing foods helps me... I use refined coconut oil in place of butter, I eat multi grain bread instead of white bread, and I eat one serving of Lindt 70% dark chocolate each day. I used to eat way too much bread, butter, and sweets so I’m glad I found a substitution for them.

I’m feeling good about my weight loss and fitness so far. I’m down 25 pounds since Xmas 2020. My weight is still higher than it’s ever been but so is my age. Another 20 to 30 pounds of losing and I’ll be ready to maintain. That’s going to be the real struggle for me. I’ve never been able to maintain an ideal weight so I’m anxious for it to happen in a few months from now.

I’m looking forward to doing more at my gym as I lose as well. Exercising seems to get easier as I lose weight.

Have a good week everyone.

• bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    OMG ... I don’t know what’s going on with me. I’ve been getting steps in, so I’m a happy about that and getting outside when I can because the weather is getting better but I’ve totally been out of my routine! Don’t kick me out just yet 🙏🏽

I keep fluctuating with these two pounds. And I know I’m not doing everything I could be doing. So time to reflect on a new game plan.

This week weigh in
    HW (Highest Weight): 155
    PW (Previous Weight): 149.2
    CW (Current Weight): 150
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 415 Member
    Wow, a lot goes on when you miss a day! I have had a good start to the week. We had an outdoor service at church Sunday. The sun was shining, gentle breeze and birds singing! We could only "air hug" but it was great seeing our members gather together in worship. Facebook has been good but nothing like being together. We will start in person worship on March 28, just in time for Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter services!

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow (deathly afraid of a dentist) to get the first of three crowns that I need. Hopefully, with the help of 1/2 of a chill pill I will survive it. The crowns are to replace old fillings I have had forever. I will substitute teach again on Friday and we will go out again this week for dinner. Easing back in to what once was normal. I am looking forward to it.

@ annliz23 – looks like you had a good week! Hope the Covid shot weakness is now over. I was not bothered by the first shot but the second one was worse.

@podperson1 – so sorry that you were not able to see your mom. Hopefully these shots will get us back to normal soon.

@pacsnc6 – great control with the brownies and the doughnuts. Moderation is the key.

@ljdanny – great step totals this week!

@Rachelrjh – super loss this week, congrats! Oh I love the Lindt dark chocolate. The Dove sea salt caramel dark chocolates are also super good and I can eat only one and no more now. You really see a difference in your picture and WOW, 25 pounds since Christmas is amazing. You go girl….

@lennoncpa- I get the nut addiction. I fix peanut brittle every year around Christmas. I CAN NOT quit eating it. Every time I walk into the kitchen my hand is in the container. I finish one batch then cook another. I ate 4 whole batches this past year by myself. I love the sweet, extra salt I add on top and the nuts!

@hope002 @mxlaw90 @ annliz23 – CONGRATULATIONS on the weight challenge this week!

@goingape – a virtual crafting weekend, love that y’all found a way to continue something you enjoy! Good job this week with your control over the snacks.

@sleepymom5 – you already know what I will advise: keep on keeping on…. You can do this. It is mostly a mind game and I see you as a winner. Go for it this week.

@minstrelofsarcasm – so sorry about the pulled muscle! Try to get the rest you need before going full speed ahead. Prayers for your healing and peace of mind to deal with it.

@bumpbreakcar- You have this under control. First step of fixing your routine is realizing the need to do it. I believe in you. Follow your new plan! Congrats on the steps.

Fitness-Quote-4-Fitness-is-like-a-relationship.jpg

• Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    So I've decided that my goal is going to be get back to the 150s, and then just focus on staying there. I need to figure out how much I can eat to maintain. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll be back in the 150s
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Weigh in was Sunday, no change 165.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    ~~ Happy Week Three ~~

Thanks for your patience with my weekly update/step count post. Yesterday was a bit of a nightmare with work, and I couldn't get away for longer than a few minutes at a time.

I did not end up going to a spin class last night, but not because I didn't feel up to it, I was just caught up in a never-ending meeting that took my workday from my typical nine hours to a full baker's dozen. So I tried out spin class this morning, and found that the pulled muscle did not bother me as long as I maintained good form. Pulled chest muscle = blessing in disguise?

After chatting with one of the instructors at the resistance training gym, we collectively decided it would be safe for me to try the workout for today as long as I made a few modifications and took it slow. I cancelled my booking, but will reschedule it if I make the decision to pop in (and my meeting schedule plays nice).

ngcb5

~ Walking Warriors ~

Alright folks, you've been killing it lately. The seven of you who provided step counts this week managed to walk 478,426 steps. This averages out to 68,347 per person. That's a heckuva lot of steps.

Our top stepper this week...
    And our most consistent stepper...

Debbie walked a total of 115,253 steps this past week, averaging 16,465 steps per day and deviating less than 3,000 steps from her average each day. There is nothing that this woman cannot do!

Over 75,000 steps this week...

Over 40,000 steps this week...

I am always so impressed with all of you, especially since I have not had the motivation to go walk anywhere as of lately. Keep up the incredible work, I love watching all of you succeed. It serves as a reminder that the road to our goals requires nothing more than one foot in front of the other.

811%2BcLChiAL._SX425_.jpg
  • sleepymom5
    Check in for Monday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-10 elliptical, 10 stationary bike, 10 treadmill, PT, strength and stretching

I just have no motivation lately. My goal with exercise is to get 30 min per day plus my PT. Yesterday I did 10 min on each machine because it switched it up a bit. I may do the same thing today. Who knows, if I like it maybe I can slowly increase the time but I am not even close to that yesterday.

Not the best choices with eating and I snacked during the day too. I did log though so that was good. Interestingly, I was listening to a podcast and she mentioned writing down your whys for losing weight. She said it has to go beyond appearance and health. I need a why that is going to stop me when I want to reach for a snack or overeat. I don't have a why that is that strong for me. I really love clothes and want to look good in them, I want to feel better about myself, I want to be healthy and I want to be able to move around better but none of these things seem important enough to get me to take this seriously. Do I need to have a serious medical problem to make me take this seriously? Ugh! Oh well, for now I am going to put one foot in front of the other and "keep on Keeping on" while I figure this out. I will keep thinking about my whys and maybe just being aware of them will be enough to keep me on track.

Hopefully I will not be such a crab tomorrow. Happy Tuesday everyone! xo

@podperson1 Sounds like you have been mindful with eating and balancing out with exercise. I am the same way with the IF, I am better weekdays than weekends but I am trying to be more consistent.
    @minstrelofsarcasm Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. I am glad your ride went well this morning. I am glad that you are being careful. On another note-I loved your blog btw I binge read it this weekend xo
    @rachelrjh Thank you for sharing. I think you have made some lifestyle changes that you will continue even when you get to your goal weight. I bet maintenance will be easier than you anticipate.
    @bumpbreakcar Just take one day at a time. You got this!
    @debbiewsharpe I am so happy things are starting to get back to normal for you. I hope the dentist goes well for you. Thanks for all of your support. xo
    @Zumba_Luvah I think that is a great goal! You have been there before and I know you will be there again!
    @RoseyandReady Hope things are going well.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@minstrelofsarcasm - eek, pulled chest muscle sounds painful! Glad you managed to get to your class still but try not to overdo it x

@bumpbreakcar - woot for getting out more and putting the steps in! Sometimes when we get totally out of routine it can be easier to build up the good habits again and sounds like you're totally getting back to it :)

@debbiewsharpe - glad you enjoyed your weekend and got to see some people again :) Good luck at the dentists (I hate them as well, have been kinda using lockdown as an excuse to keep putting off a check up so must bite the bullet soon I think)

@Zumba_Luvah - you can totally do this! x

@sleepymom5 - I feel you on the 'whys' issue, I want to look better, feel better etc. but it's often hard to use those as strong enough motivation when I'm really craving something or just can't be bothered with the exercise - whereas if there was something more 'serious' behind it then maybe I would be able to push myself more :( Then I think that I should count myself lucky I don't have something more serious *sighs* As you said, keep plodding on!

Working from home today. Flatmate was getting food ordered at lunch so ended up getting a veggie breakfast, not hugely off plan (the veggie haggis, sausages, mushroom, eggs are ok, prob shouldn't have had the pot scone lol). Will have something small for tea and should be doing zumba later.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. I am glad your ride went well this morning. I am glad that you are being careful. On another note-I loved your blog btw I binge read it this weekend xo

@sleepymom5

You read ALL of it? There's gotta be a hundred or so entries at this point! Could probably be a short book if there were any consistent format.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 3
    PW: 207.4
    CW: 208.4
    +1
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    this weeks weight 209.3

up from last week.

not surprising since i show a loss only about 2 weeks of the month. And its TOM. and a bunch of stress from having to take one of our dogs to the ER vet Sunday which made for a 10 hour day (2 hour drive each way). Eating probably hasn't been great but calories have been mostly in line, but a lot of higher sodium stuff (eating out/take out) than typical. Also got our covid vaccine last week but dont think that would have an effect. And .... been stupid busy so haven't been gymming like normal.

meh. life happens. lol

• Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Thanks @sleepymom5 and @podperson1 . It has been harder the past few months but hopefully with warmer weather coming that will motivate me more
  • sleepymom5
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-10 min on each-elliptical, bike and treadmill plus PT

Ok...not a bad day! I did snack in the afternoon and overate at dinner when I wasn't hungry but still not a bad day. This morning is a busy one so I have to go. Hope everyone has a good day!

Happy St Patrick's day!

@podperson1 Sounds like a good breakfast choice with the veggie breakfast. Hope you were able to get your zumba in
    @minstrelofsarcasm Yes! The whole thing Lol! I had started already so I may have already read a few months. You should write a book!
    @tryingagain5 Hope things are going well.
    @callsitlikeiseeit I hope your dog is ok! I was going to say I hope things settle down for you soon but I have a feeling life is pretty busy for you all the time.
    @Zumba_luvah I hope the spring weather helps motivate me too!
This discussion has been closed.