300-400 calorie deficit✅

Wednesday
    Zwift ride
    No beer
    Caloric deficit
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday. Print stories.
    3. Classes: Starter: Review progress. Indiv: WM8.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. GRADE LATE WORK. Writing script.
    5. Lunch: Tikka Masala. Read 20 pages P&P; take notes.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. PARENT MEETING. Livestream.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Pizza. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. It's already been SUCH a long week and we're not even halfway through.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 3/16 T ~ scheduled rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :) 13/14 & 9.6k not bad w/ 90 min. massage in evening
    2) Log food / net cals zero / 12c water >:) -855 & 13c
    3) Complete final stage AJNH & submit for review :mrgreen: so happy to be done / webinar 2:30 :)
    4) Massage 5:15 :mrgreen: Andrea wonderful as usual & saw pair of cardinals as I left, always a good sign from God to me / one chore? prepped lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog after work W) :s wow, I need to get back on track!

JFT 3/17 W ~ happy hump day!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Log food / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Walk dog weather-permitting or x-train after work
    4) Continue to clear email backlog / verify & update CPE log / print SS EE sheet / finalize FA-PA folder / organize for GA-IT follow-up / organize for GA-IT APG rewrite / email PRO s/s / pack for work at home
    5) 7:00 Lent service / prep overnight oats / declutter 15 min. / one other chore
    6) Meditation / UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / VOLTAREN / 7:00 alarm (work at home)

I am very happy with my eye surgery, and enjoying seeing things brighter and in more detail than I've seen in ages. Have realized all I had been missing with my gradually worsening cataracts. Adjusting to wearing glasses or cheaters (using "make-do" pairs right now). After two full days at work, with 2-3 computer monitors & lots of reading, I have slight eye strain. So I will take more "vision" breaks during the work day and look in the distance, at least until I get proper prescription reading glasses.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Tuesday Mar 16
    Scale 198.2
    1.5L of water - :/
    Log all food - :/

JFT - Wednesday Mar 17
    Scale 199.0
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

@jeschepp - I found the weekly weighing really discouraged me if it was one of the days that I happened to be up a little. I like doing daily and doing a weekly average. I need to start that excel sheet again. I downloaded Happy Scale, but I don't see enough in one screen.
    I think the world forgets that we can have coughs for other reasons. It's such a pain.

@cschmitz110515 - so happy that your eye surgery was a success.
    You telling how you see things more clearly reminded me of a funny story about my BF.
    Her and her husband had moved from small town NB to Toronto, ON, after being there for about 6 months or so she got new glasses. On the way home that night she pointed out signs and trees to her husband. He said, "you've been driving and weren't able to see these things"! He was upset that she was that blind and driving, but she said well I didn't know until I could see the things.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    @cschmitz110515 - so happy that your eye surgery was a success.
    You telling how you see things more clearly reminded me of a funny story about my BF.
    Her and her husband had moved from small town NB to Toronto, ON, after being there for about 6 months or so she got new glasses. On the way home that night she pointed out signs and trees to her husband. He said, "you've been driving and weren't able to see these things"! He was upset that she was that blind and driving, but she said well I didn't know until I could see the things.

I was the same! Since my surgery I was more honest with hubby about my diminishing vision. He never realized it was getting as bad as it did, especially for night driving. One thing about the pandemic, I wasn't driving nearly as much because there was no place to go. If I had been driving more, I might've had my vision checked sooner. I also now see how dirty my house really is! LOL
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @beachwalker99 - Spring break splits March/April, so I've got this week and next week, and THEN spring break.

@jeschepp - Yeah. It's a lot.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,262 Member
    Yesterday was a pretty good day, my goals were small, but I made them. I even went for a bike ride. Nothing like riding to show me how out of shape I am. Going to ride again today after work.

JFT Wednesday

- Work from home
    - Work on laundry
    - 5K Steps
    - Bike ride
    - Log food

Have a great day.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited March 2021
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFT, Tues, march 16
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. :):)
    2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water :)

I have been doing so much better just keeping goals simple. For me, I know I can lose weight if I can just stop the nite time snacking. I eat really good all day.. so between this and the water.
    I was drinking crystal lite in the evenings, and that helped me, but I think too much of that really upsets my stomach. So now I just drink water.
    We have been really busy also, which helps. We found a nice area rug at Sams for just $99... so I am putting that in my sewing/office room. I love it! And also getting rid of a lot of knit fabric scraps I had leftover from chemo hats.Sizes too small to make hats.. but I always hate to throw away fabric. So going to put a free ad on craigslist and hope someone ones it.. I have 2 large boxes! Getting rid of a lot of my quilting books ... just makes my sewing room seem so less uncluttered. And now I have a new rule for myself to keep my rug nice ... no more eating in my sewing room.
    But this morning I saw my weight in the 180s, so excited about that... hoping to see a loss on friday!
    I have not read through posts yet to respond .. this week our sales have gone crazy, so we are super busy. And then friday I am having 5 cubic yards of compost delivered... which I have to carry back to put in my flower beds. So lots of exercise, and we finally will have 4 days without rain!

JFT, Wednesday, march 17
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING.
    2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water [/quote]
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member

JFT, Tues, march 16
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING. :):)
    2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water :)

I have been doing so much better just keeping goals simple. For me, I know I can lose weight if I can just stop the nite time snacking. I eat really good all day.. so between this and the water.
    I was drinking crystal lite in the evenings, and that helped me, but I think too much of that really upsets my stomach. So now I just drink water.
    We have been really busy also, which helps. We found a nice area rug at Sams for just $99... so I am putting that in my sewing/office room. I love it! And also getting rid of a lot of knit fabric scraps I had leftover from chemo hats.Sizes too small to make hats.. but I always hate to throw away fabric. So going to put a free ad on craigslist and hope someone ones it.. I have 2 large boxes! Getting rid of a lot of my quilting books ... just makes my sewing room seem so less uncluttered. And now I have a new rule for myself to keep my rug nice ... no more eating in my sewing room.
    But this morning I saw my weight in the 180s, so excited about that... hoping to see a loss on friday!
    I have not read through posts yet to respond .. this week our sales have gone crazy, so we are super busy. And then friday I am having 5 cubic yards of compost delivered... which I have to carry back to put in my flower beds. So lots of exercise, and we finally will have 4 days without rain!

JFT, Wednesday, march 17
    2. NO nite time snacking -- and I mean NOTHING.
    2. Red Cup Challenge --- 8+ c water
    [/quote]

Im like that with wool, even if I have a tiny bit which I couldn't possibly make anything with I save it because I can eventually make a multicolored "thing" by just using an invisible knot to tie ends together lol x
  • Bex953172
    So it was my birthday today, pretty dull day if I'm honest. Wasn't feelin it.
    Casey got me a last minute birthday present though, a social services visit.
    Yup. You read that right.
    3 days ago she tripped in her room being silly and cut her face on a trike. Not massive but it just looked bad,. She went to nursery today and I mentioned it at the door, so they had me fill out a 'pre-existing injury" form (which is basically me signing that the incident didn't happen in nursery so I can't turn around and try blame them for it) they were happy with the explanation, pretty straightforward.

But then, Casey gets the great idea to tell one of the keyworkers that I hit her!
    So they had to legally ring social services and report what Casey had said, but the nursery did say they have no concerns regarding Casey and she's always very happy etc basically singing my praises. They told me this when I picked her up

So I then get home and lo and behold they're already at my house.
    It was discussed, everyone happy with the explanation etc no further concerns or action.

And Casey... The little $h!t (😂I'm sorry but that is what she was today).. When I asked "why did you say mummy hit you".. She grinned this big stupid grin and said "Tricked yaaa"

Happy birthday to me.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member

🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛🍀
    🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤 MARCH 🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛
    🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐥🐤🦆🌷🐛🍀

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    March Daily Goals: Week: 3
    Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 3/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 3/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 3/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Wed 17 March: Really weird that there are no St Patrick‘a Day celebrations.
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Weigh/post weight 🎉
    • wrist exercises 🎉
    • Laundry - put away 🎉
    • weekly grocery shopping 🎉
    • Outdoor walk 🪅
    • Daily Chores 🎉
    • Puzzles: 🎉Watch TV: 🎉
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice 🎉
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉
    • Daily goals update🎉

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:💧💧💧💧💧
    March:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧
    NLNS (7 March —->)
    LNS: 1
    Me: 9

Good to see you all hanging in there. Keep it up.

DH and
    qms9it2j4twg.jpeg
    m50r9nzofqbv.jpeg

@jeschepp ~ It’s good that you have the gym on the premises. Lucky that he understood.

Terri 🦄

• TerriRichardson112
    ..... on our walk on Bangor Promenade. Our boat is in the marina behind us.
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So it was my birthday today, pretty dull day if I'm honest. Wasn't feelin it.
    Casey got me a last minute birthday present though, a social services visit.
    Yup. You read that right.
    3 days ago she tripped in her room being silly and cut her face on a trike. Not massive but it just looked bad,. She went to nursery today and I mentioned it at the door, so they had me fill out a 'pre-existing injury" form (which is basically me signing that the incident didn't happen in nursery so I can't turn around and try blame them for it) they were happy with the explanation, pretty straightforward.

But then, Casey gets the great idea to tell one of the keyworkers that I hit her!
    So they had to legally ring social services and report what Casey had said, but the nursery did say they have no concerns regarding Casey and she's always very happy etc basically singing my praises. They told me this when I picked her up

So I then get home and lo and behold they're already at my house.
    It was discussed, everyone happy with the explanation etc no further concerns or action.

And Casey... The little $h!t (😂I'm sorry but that is what she was today).. When I asked "why did you say mummy hit you".. She grinned this big stupid grin and said "Tricked yaaa"

Happy birthday to me.

OMG BEX!!!! One of my friends also had this happen to her. Her daughter thought it would be cute to say that her daddy spanked her and hit her ... when that was not true. I guess SS has to be careful, but I'm imagine that was upsetting.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Its no wonder it was a dull day given what happened.. but I hope the rest of tonite you can put your feet up and be pampered! Hugs.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    For Wednesday:

-Work out for 90 minutes: Nope
    -1999 calories: 1947. Nine days down

For Thursday

-Work out for 40 minutes. Get back in the groove:
    -1999 calories:

• mytime6630
    WellingTX wrote: »
    For Wednesday:

-Work out for 90 minutes: Nope
    -1999 calories: 1947. Nine days down

For Thursday

-Work out for 40 minutes. Get back in the groove:
    -1999 calories:

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    @TerriRichardson112 -- beautiful picture of you and DH. Love the flowers!
  • mytime6630
    s2mh79e1ecoh.jpg
    sfj4xvj3mm37.png

I've had 3 good days. This is usually about the time that I blow it. So going to grab my ipad... and get away from the kitchen tonite.
    I am super tired .. this past week we have been so busy with not only work, but getting things done around the house.
    So heading away from the kitchen, and keep my streak going!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Just a regular day, nothing too great or terrible. I got a dress in the mail, an option for my bestie's wedding this summer (it's outdoors, small, with precautions). It is just about a size too small. I got it from the UK, and didn't think about the size conversion. I am seeing this as motivation to keep my habits going because I really do like the dress. I ordered a backup in my current size of another dress just in case, so we'll see. I'm hopeful!

JFT Wednesday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ❌
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Thursday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@Bex953172 Oh my goodness! What a stressful situation, but glad everything got cleared up pretty quickly. Happy Birthday all the same!
    @TerriRichardson112 Great pictures!
    @mytime6630 I really needed to hear that today!
  • TerriRichardson112
    @Bex953172 ~ 🎈🎉🎈 Happy Birthday 🎈🎉🎈for yesterday. Not quite the birthday present you were expecting. Kids!!!! Where do they get these ideas from?

@jeschepp ~ You can definitely drop a dress size before the summer.

It's looking like a fine day today so will hopefully be able to out into the garden, and go for a walk in our local linear park later. We've started planting some veg and bedding plant seeds this last 10 days.
  • Bex953172
    I am tiiiiired today.
    Also accidentally hit cancel instead of snooze so the girls were late for school too.

Think I'll try post some goals today.
    See how I do, last few days have been a bit rough.

- Water Challenge
    - Log all food
    - Exercise
    - Watch some TEDTalks on YouTube