Watcha cooking with?

I am loving my Ninja Foodi "Flip" model of an air fryer. I cook up a storm in that thing!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I, uh, liberated an instant pot from my MIL and it's been awesome. I have a pork goulash recipe that's in the regular weeknight rotation because it takes maybe an hour start to finish in the IP. I've made chicken stock in an hour, it cooks rice like a champ and the insert is stainless steel so i can't *kitten* it up with metal utensils. It's an older model so it doesn't have the air fryer functionality like the newest model does, but that's fine, i have a convection oven if i ever want to get in on the air frying hype.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    I'm cooking on an electric stove and looking forward to moving and having gas.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    My microwave? :)
  • LeanneShuck
    LeanneShuck Posts: 24 Member
    Now I've seen to many mishap videos of the IP I think I'm a scardy-cat now and not sure I could try it but everyone I know loves theres too! Especially for RV Life ha! That's why I got the flip model ... it'll be the main inside camper cooker!
  • LeanneShuck
    I had a wonderful 5 burner gas stove at our last place and LOVED it! Have to relearn how to cook a couple things as it's INSTANT heat but man they are nice! Something to look forward to indeed!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    A few copper pots and a cast iron griddle!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    GOD i miss having a gas stove. My first apartment out of college was a dinky little 350sqft efficiency and it had gas, i loved cooking on that.
  • LeanneShuck
    Cast iron! I have yet to join the community but am looking for one without a handle that will fit in my air fryer and make a delicious cornbread in
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Now I've seen to many mishap videos of the IP I think I'm a scardy-cat now and not sure I could try it but everyone I know loves theres too! Especially for RV Life ha! That's why I got the flip model ... it'll be the main inside camper cooker!

I am terrified of the IP too!

I'm entering a new phase with my slow cooker. I used to use it all the time to actually make dinner, but now I find I use it a lot more to make other things - stock, cook dry beans, make lard and tallow. It's true I can leave a pot on the stove on low, too, but a slow cooker needs even less babysitting. I'm intrigued by the idea of making yogurt in it. I haven't actually bought the starter yet, but I will probably go for it pretty soon.
  • LeanneShuck
    Oh nice! I have a crock pot/slow cooker but we don't use too often but I do still enjoy it. I would much rather have that on the counter than something on the stove. I know a few that love their IP for yogurt too! Now my bread machine needs to get back into regular rotation I have a new GF bread recipe I need to try and experiment with!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I'm a diehard crockpot fan. I've got 3 of 'em and use them at least twice a week!
  • LeanneShuck
    You are a super planner/prepper that's awesome!!
  • LeanneShuck
    I'm still using my crockpot from our wedding shower 18 years ago haha they are resilient!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    I have a typical oven (it has a convection setting that I guess is supposed to be similar to an air fryer, among other things, but I haven't tried it) with a gas cooktop. I cook on/in this for the most part. I also have an instant pot, which I started using more as of last fall and quite like. I occasionally use a rice cooker. Other than that, nothing.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I have a typical oven (it has a convection setting that I guess is supposed to be similar to an air fryer, among other things, but I haven't tried it) with a gas cooktop. I cook on/in this for the most part. I also have an instant pot, which I started using more as of last fall and quite like. I occasionally use a rice cooker. Other than that, nothing.

I didn't realize I could use the convection setting like that! I've actually never used it on my oven. Maybe I should.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    My air fryer has been my new favorite appliance but it's a combination of air fryer/instant pot/and stove/oven for me.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Induction, mostly. I also have a wee rice cooker that I use for rice. Otherwise nothing else.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    The usual stuff...pots, pans, stove, oven...I have really nice pots and pans for my induction cooktop. I use the convection oven setting in my oven for things like wings to "air fry" but we don't do that very often. I use my Weber out on the patio as much as anything...we grill a lot, especially Spring, Summer, and Fall.
  • LeanneShuck
    I got my husband grill mats last summer for Father's Day and they are awesome for shrimp etc. and skewers.
    I have yet to invest in a rice cooker. I don't mind doing it the old fashioned way but my mom has one for the microwave that she has used for years and loves.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

I didn't realize I could use the convection setting like that! I've actually never used it on my oven. Maybe I should.

I just learned it from MFP and haven't tried it yet either, so can't promise, but report back if you do!