Postpartum Weight loss Support Group

gracetipikin
gracetipikin Posts: 29 Member
edited February 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
I used this site to loose the baby weight last pregnancy and would like to do it again this time round, but I need some friends/accountability! Hope you join me!

Replies

• gracetipikin
    I guess I should introduce myself, I've never started a group before so here goes!
    My name is Grace, I'm 26 and have 4 kiddos:6, 3, almost 2 and 2months.
    I enjoy baking, photography, dancing, walks and chocolate, lots of chocolate.
    My first 2 pregnancies I gained 50-60 pounds. I ate well and was decently active and didn't gain anything until 20-22 weeks then BAM! This last pregnancy I gained 35 pounds, how I do not know, I didn't change a thing. Funny, I feel just as big postpartum even with less weight gain.
    I've had Diastasis Recti (an separation) all 3 pregnancies so I can't do normal crunches or sit ups till it's healed.
    I'm 5 ft 8in and currently weigh 166 and want to get to my Pre pregnancy weight of 145, but 135 would be amazing.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Good luck! Hope you find some friends to support you. I’m still on the gaining part of baby weight, or more precisely trying to avoid too much of it. I’m expecting my first and due in October, so it’s still very early.

Congratulations on your newest family addition!
  • mustardnchips
    mustardnchips Posts: 22 Member
    I've got a bit more to go than you, im 166lbs and first goal is 150lbs, with aim of 130lbs, although id be happy with 140lbs at this stage! My LO is 8 months, breast feeding, and really struggle with lack of sleep hence now being 6kg heavier than 6 weeks after i had her!
  • I used to jog and go to exercise classes years ago before I had kids. My eldest is 4 years old and my youngest is 3 months old. I’m starting out again now. Finding it very difficult to stay within the 1400 calorie limit. I’m on my feet all day running around after the kids and I’m so hungry. I started Apple fitness last week and I try to do a routine about 5 days a week. I do 20 minutes HIIT, 20 minutes strength and then 2 10 minutes core workouts. I try to go out for a walk everyday for some fresh air as we are in a level 5 lockdown and cannot go further than 5km from our homes. I walk about 3/4 miles at a fast pace. The evening time is the hardest for me. I tend to binge eat watching tv. I’m trying to drink tea now instead but I’m really struggling. I’m not hungry, just looking to eat out of boredom/habit. At the weekends I’ll have a glass of wine. I cannot lose any weight. It’s really getting me down. Anyone else struggling? My boys are not in preschool as it’s closed with the pandemic so I’m trying to do the workouts at times where I give them play doh or crafts to do and the baby has gone down for a nap. My husband is great support on his days off and after work and just takes over the house so I can workout. I can’t do them in the evening as I’m exhausted after my day. Anyone any tips to start shifting weight?
  • gracetipikin
    I used to jog and go to exercise classes years ago before I had kids. My eldest is 4 years old and my youngest is 3 months old. I’m starting out again now. Finding it very difficult to stay within the 1400 calorie limit. I’m on my feet all day running around after the kids and I’m so hungry. I started Apple fitness last week and I try to do a routine about 5 days a week. I do 20 minutes HIIT, 20 minutes strength and then 2 10 minutes core workouts. I try to go out for a walk everyday for some fresh air as we are in a level 5 lockdown and cannot go further than 5km from our homes. I walk about 3/4 miles at a fast pace. The evening time is the hardest for me. I tend to binge eat watching tv. I’m trying to drink tea now instead but I’m really struggling. I’m not hungry, just looking to eat out of boredom/habit. At the weekends I’ll have a glass of wine. I cannot lose any weight. It’s really getting me down. Anyone else struggling? My boys are not in preschool as it’s closed with the pandemic so I’m trying to do the workouts at times where I give them play doh or crafts to do and the baby has gone down for a nap. My husband is great support on his days off and after work and just takes over the house so I can workout. I can’t do them in the evening as I’m exhausted after my day. Anyone any tips to start shifting weight?

Way to go with your workouts! I'm lucky if I get 3 a week, especially with all the kiddos trying to "help" me exercise😊
    Are you breastfeeding? I know if you cut calories too sharply you're body can actually go into "starvation mode" and hang onto weight. Maybe try cutting back gradually?
  • gracetipikin
    Anyone have want to share their favorite go to snacks?
    I like veggie straws, milk, protein bars, hard boiled eggs and fruit.
  • sarahq81
    sarahq81 Posts: 35 Member
    Hello! I’m 18 weeks pp 2nd baby. I was actually horrified to realise I had only put on 7lbs this time and I was just fat to begin with!! I’m 5’3.5 and 165 lbs (11st11) now, I would like to get to 145-150. My profile pic I was about 140 but I don’t feel the need to be that slim, I just want to get back into my old clothes because I dont want to buy new ones. I’m breastfeeding. Long walks work for me but it’s pretty hard to get my 2 year old to sit in a buggy for 2 hours. Sometimes I go at nap time and they sleep, but then I feel guilty that they aren’t getting any benefit.
    When I try to do a home workout one or both just scream at me until I stop! The weight is coming off slowly anyway but I really just want to stuff my face 🤣
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Sent you a friend request! I’m 10 weeks pp and have 10 more lbs to lose before getting back to my prepregnancy weight, then I’d like to lose an additional 20lbs. I’ve used MFP in the past too and lost/maintained a 60lb loss.
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Anyone have want to share their favorite go to snacks?
    I like veggie straws, milk, protein bars, hard boiled eggs and fruit.

Cheese sticks and Greek yogurt are my go to!
  • DeButterflyx
    DeButterflyx Posts: 41 Member
    Hi I'm 7 weeks pp on 3rd baby have about 5 stone to loose (70lbs) I'm about to turn 29 I'd like to get my weight down before 30
  • monicaw243
    monicaw243 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I am 6 weeks pp with my first! He is amazing 😊 I am looking to lose 25 pounds. I was 185 pre-pregnancy. Was running until 6 months then it was too cold for me, would love to start that again. Been counting calories for a week now and still trying to figure out a workout schedule aside from my daily walks. Starting to work again today from home, which sucks but at least my boy is with me. Would love friends on here for accountability and motivation!
  • gracetipikin
    Realized it's been a while since I've been on here. We're prepping our house for sale so its been pretty crazy. Trying to paint with 3 kiddos and an infant is not for the faint of heart!😊

So to update I've been counting calories and exercising for about 1.5 months and I've lost 2 pounds...Hooray?

I must admit was surprised and a little bit disappointed because I have about half the weight to lose from this pregnancy compared to my first two.
    I assumed it would come off at the same pace as it did before but having less to lose, it's actually coming off way slower which is so frustrating!

Anyone have tips/encouragement?
  • gracetipikin
    monicaw243 wrote: »
    Hi! I am 6 weeks pp with my first! He is amazing 😊 I am looking to lose 25 pounds. I was 185 pre-pregnancy. Was running until 6 months then it was too cold for me, would love to start that again. Been counting calories for a week now and still trying to figure out a workout schedule aside from my daily walks. Starting to work again today from home, which sucks but at least my boy is with me. Would love friends on here for accountability and motivation!

That's awesome you kept running till 6 months!
    I was so determined to work out through most of my pregnancy but that only lasted till nausea hit me at about 8 weeks hahaha
    in my defense I did go on walks here in there though😊
  • gracetipikin
    Hi I'm 7 weeks pp on 3rd baby have about 5 stone to loose (70lbs) I'm about to turn 29 I'd like to get my weight down before 30

Be patient with yourself, I feel like that can even be harder than actually working out or sticking to a good diet, I'm my worst critic!
    Your hard work will pay off, you got this!
  • gracetipikin
    Sent you a friend request! I’m 10 weeks pp and have 10 more lbs to lose before getting back to my prepregnancy weight, then I’d like to lose an additional 20lbs. I’ve used MFP in the past too and lost/maintained a 60lb loss.

That's awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • gracetipikin
    sarahq81 wrote: »
    Hello! I’m 18 weeks pp 2nd baby. I was actually horrified to realise I had only put on 7lbs this time and I was just fat to begin with!! I’m 5’3.5 and 165 lbs (11st11) now, I would like to get to 145-150. My profile pic I was about 140 but I don’t feel the need to be that slim, I just want to get back into my old clothes because I dont want to buy new ones. I’m breastfeeding. Long walks work for me but it’s pretty hard to get my 2 year old to sit in a buggy for 2 hours. Sometimes I go at nap time and they sleep, but then I feel guilty that they aren’t getting any benefit.
    When I try to do a home workout one or both just scream at me until I stop! The weight is coming off slowly anyway but I really just want to stuff my face 🤣

I totally get the at home workouts with kiddos, they are just fine up till the second you pop the DVD in😄
    Speaking of face stuffing, I have the hardest time not letting go about 4am and 4pm. Tomorrow being Easter Sunday, I fully intend to keep my calories off the books. Hey holidays only come once a year right?😊
  • gracetipikin
    Found this article to be quite helpful, the calorie calculator adjusts for pregnancy, breastfeeding or no breastfeeding at all, height, weight, age etc.

I found on average I was eating significantly below my calorie intake but not losing any weight.

Perhaps finding the right balance is key, so my body will drop its stores rather than hang on to them?

https://www.thelactationnutritionist.com/post/how-many-calories-does-breastfeeding-burn-with-calorie-calculator
  • Fayeworth
    Fayeworth Posts: 60 Member
    edited April 2021
    Please no judgment here. I used to be 145lbs at 5ft8 so a nice size 10 before I had my girls. Over the course of 2 pregnancies I gained 6 stone (WTF)?!? I’ve since lost 3 stone but another 3 to go. I’m back to calorie counting and swimming this week after trying every diet under the sun over the last year (my youngest is 1). Good to be on board x
  • gracetipikin
    Fayeworth wrote: »
    Please no judgment here. I used to be 145lbs at 5ft8 so a nice size 10 before I had my girls. Over the course of 2 pregnancies I gained 6 stone (WTF)?!? I’ve since lost 3 stone but another 3 to go. I’m back to calorie counting and swimming this week after trying every diet under the sun over the last year (my youngest is 1). Good to be on board x

I can totally relate! I'm also 5ft8 and I gained a bit more than than you did with my first 2 pregnancies...it takes some dedication but it will come off. Way to go hitting the halfway mark! I still have about 16 lbs to loose from my 3rd pregnancy but would love to get another 5 or 10 pounds after that....