Weight No More - March 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @sleepymom5 i used the nuts to help me get off of sweets so it definitely helped!!
  • lennoncpa
    0j2gprcehrtv.jpeg

Sunny had an upside down day at the office!
  • lennoncpa
    h362i7i8k5xb.jpeg

This is about nuts as a food to help prevent Alzheimer’s and other dementia. If I could stick to the serving size I’d be all set!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    I just cant get out of my own way lately. This time change is killing me. I have been working out but forgetting to log it. I try to get my food ready the night before or I just throw junk in my lunchbox in the morning. Having to get me and my granddaughter ready is exhausting. I have still been painting and now put down a bathroom floor. One of my bosses is away so that means working a little extra. I can't wait for the nice weather, I think I need a few days off.
    I went to the rheumatologist and every med she wanted to give me had a horrible side effect. She was mad because I cant give myself shots, I'm allergic to a different brand, one type will make my hair fall out, but she thinks its ok because they will give me a vitamin and another is a transfusion every 8 weeks that could cause cancer. I told her my mom died of cancer I'm all set. She wants me to still consider it. I like my magenta/purple hair and I'm good for cancer thanks. She gave me a brochure to read. I think shes crazy. There was one choice left may cause a stomach ache and if on it for a long time you can lose weight. I told her lucky for her I already have a stomach ache and I'm trying to lose weight so sign me up. She wasn't happy I picked this one.
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 57 Member
    Sorry, completely forgot to post my weight due some family circumstances.

BlueSkyNomad
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    SW: 214.7
    PW: 211
    CW: 212
    LTD: 2.6

Steps:

9030 6 March
    14648 7 March
    7327 8 March
    6445 9 March
    6189 10 March
    6225 11 March
    6598 12 March

Thank you
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 955 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 3
    PW (Previous Weight): 205.8
    CW (Current Weight): 207.6

Yikes!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    March Week Two

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 169.6 (March 11th)
    CW (Current Weight): 171.0 (March 18th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 63 lbs

I'm okay with this. This past week has been a surprisingly uplifting reminder that weight can fluctuate greatly given external circumstances. I'm not going to write my standard Food/Exercise/Mindset formatted post today, because now it's storytime...

After I injured myself on Saturday, I immediately became anxious about how I needed to cancel four different pre-planned workouts to avoid further trauma to my pectoral muscles. And normally, I can manage my diet reasonably well when I need to skip workouts, but I had already committed to a steak dinner for a friend's birthday on Saturday, and having both pizza and pie for Pi Day on Sunday.

You can only imagine my stress levels. I don't like feeling powerless, even if I did it to myself.

Monday morning rolls around. My weight is around 176 pounds. That's higher than it was when I returned from France a year and a half ago. But here's the thing, I know for a fact that my weekend did not involve eating 22,400 extra calories, even if I ate more and exercised less than expected.

Tuesday morning hits. My muscle is not fully recovered, but I try my luck at a spin class. Pre-spin class, my weight was 175-ish. Post-spin class, I was down half a pound. Weight was still too high. Time for plenty of water, watching exactly what goes into my body, stretching regularly, and a trip to cryotherapy to reduce inflammation.

Wednesday. 173.6. We're getting there. It's coming down. The water retention from several large meals and an injury and the stress from both the large meals and the injury and and and and and ... let's just say it was a lot of retention and it was so satisfying to watch it come down.

That takes us to this morning. Wake up, take a sip of water, stretch to see just how much my muscle would affect my day - spin class is a go. Pre-spin class weight: 172.2. Relief. Chug water, eat a protein bar, take my MS medication, and head out the door. Spin class. Post-spin class weight: 171.0. Now we're talking.

Have I somehow burned 17,500 calories in just four short days? Absolutely not.
    Am I being extremely careful to avoid further injury? You betcha.

And am I going to let this increased weight get to my head? Maybe a little bit. (Definitely) But taking a moment to remind myself where it comes from and that I know how to combat it has been a great help.

I haven't cancelled any of my future workouts, and I don't intend to, unless my recovery takes much longer than intended or, MFP forbid, I make it worse despite by best efforts. I know my body, I know what (not) to do, and I know that exercise is my only source of socialization and stress relief right now.

It's going to be okay. I'm going to be okay.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    I am not doing my usual check in today. I did well all day, exercise was great, eating and water was good, then everything went downhill. My sister in law and niece came to watch the Bachelor (on Demand) which was 3 hours. I planned to have a glass of wine but that turned into 3, mostly because I was eating pretzels that my niece had doctored up with spices. Instead of getting water, I drank the wine. Then after they left, I wanted something sweet and had some cake...Of course, I didn't even bother to go back and add those to my log. Yes, I am getting right back at it today but I feel like I am just complaining or making excuses on here every day. I like to think I am being accountable but I do feel like I am just saying the same things and not making any progress. So @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott I would like to go back on the cheer team for now. I am not ready to leave the team even though I feel like my posts are just the same crap(for lack of a better word) every day.

So, I am back at it today. Not the best mindset or mood but something has to click soon.

@lennoncpa I am loving the Sunny Pics! Does he have a little sweater on too?! Love him!
    @ljdanny I don't blame you about not taking your chances with the other meds. I hope you don't get the side effects from this one. If anything, just the losing weight one. Hang in there, hopefully things are a little better this week.
    @minstrelofsarcasm I am glad that you know why the scale is up even though it is messing with you a little bit. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Hang in there!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 3
    Pw 191.8
    Cw 190.6
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Pw 146.9
    Cw 145.7

Still recovering from my wisdom teeth removal, I really thought I’d be fine and well it kicked my *kitten* lol I still look like someone punched me and haven’t been able to excercise, hoping to get back into a hiit class by the weekend
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    pw: 158.4
    cw: 158.4
    Yay !! a maintain week
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 425 Member
    Just checking in and trying to catch up. I spent 2 hours in the dentist chair but I SURVIVED it! I will work at school tomorrow substitute teaching. I am scheduled for in school suspension class bur they will put me wherever I am needed the most. We will see. The weekend is approaching, have fun but continue to get your exercise in and try to eat healthy! We got this

@Zumba_Luvah – sounds like a reasonable goal, good luck – I am also soooo ready for the sun to shine! I think we will all feel better.

@RoseyandReady – stready with the weight

@minstrelofsarcasm – sometimes the work day does slow our fitness progress down. Good that the pulled muscle hasn’t slowed you down. Loved the walking poster and all your motivation posters, I appreciate all you do for the team! Weight is hard to figure out. 3500 calories equals a pound –MFP says eat the same way and in 5 weeks you will weigh ???? all confusing and so NOT true! I just keep on trying to eat right and get some exercise.

@sleepymom5 – your exercise at 10 minutes each sounds like a good plan. Good luck with your eating plan, you can do it.

@tryingagain5- little bit up, not too much-hang in there!

@callsitlikeiseeit – hope your dog is OK!

@lennoncpa – love the pictures of Sunny – his personality shines through! I need to eaat more almonds and nuts!

@ljdanny – sounds like the rheumatologist appointment was a nightmare – I hope the medication that you chose will be just right for you! Nice loss

@BlueSkyNomad - good walking and weight holding pretty steady

@jedaschultz – little gain, this is a new week

@mxlaw90 – sorry to hear the wisdom tooth extraction was hard on you. I had my mouth open for 2 hours getting a crown this week, I feel your anguish! Congrats on the loss!

@pacsnc6 – good maintenance this week!

exercise-mot-unh.jpg
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @callsitlikeiseeit I hope your dog is ok! I was going to say I hope things settle down for you soon but I have a feeling life is pretty busy for you all the time.

you know ... I say we have a quiet life, but i think its a lie we tell ourselves to make us feel better LMAO

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm – sometimes the work day does slow our fitness progress down. Good that the pulled muscle hasn’t slowed you down. Loved the walking poster and all your motivation posters, I appreciate all you do for the team! Weight is hard to figure out. 3500 calories equals a pound –MFP says eat the same way and in 5 weeks you will weigh ???? all confusing and so NOT true! I just keep on trying to eat right and get some exercise.

@debbiewsharpe

MFP likes to simplify everything, which works well for people who don't have to worry about stress and regular hormonal changes and unexpected calorie splurges and vitamin deficiencies and dehydration and the weather and genetic abnormalities and disease and disorders and irregular sleep and changing up what they eat every day and and and and and...

I think that the simplified model is important, because it shows people that exercise alone can only make so much of a dent in a pound, and that consistency is key. MFP is a wonderful tool to be able to track calories and nutrients. But it's also very misleading and can lead to disordered eating and an unhealthy mindset when it comes to our physical health. There's so much more to it than calories, and not recognizing that is dangerous.

ljdanny wrote: »
    She gave me a brochure to read. I think shes crazy. There was one choice left may cause a stomach ache and if on it for a long time you can lose weight. I told her lucky for her I already have a stomach ache and I'm trying to lose weight so sign me up. She wasn't happy I picked this one.

Honestly, I think you made the right choice. As long as the medication is effective, it's valid to choose the side effects that seem least horrible to you. That's how I chose my MS medication, because I'd rather risk the 8% chance for liver damage with my pills than cardiac complications with the infusions that would require regular trips to the hospital.
  • lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 135.6
    Today's weight: 135.6
    Weekly Steps: 53,968
  • lennoncpa
    daqosa89g8o5.jpeg

@sleepymom5 that sweater was made for him by my coworker! Isn’t that awesome! She made him one in green too that he wore on St Patrick’s day!
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Username: gottagetthisdown
    Week: 3
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 176.6
    CW (Current Weight): 175.6

Hi everyone! I haven't done well this week, I can remember eating vegetables only 3 times this week, not drinking enough water each day and I didn't stick to my sleep schedule. I did all my workouts as scheduled but some of them I just wasn't into. Today has started off better I drank or better yet ate my green smoothie, I guess I'm not blending it enough because the Kale is still chewy, stringy and sometimes in clumps. I also had broccoli with my lunch so I'm picking it back up. I was a little disappointed in my weight this morning because Wednesday I was 170, Thursday I was 173, and today I'm 175. Then I realized how sporadic my eating was this week there were days when I ate chicken for lunch...just chicken. Not a good idea, I had a plan for my meals this week and just didn't meal prep for it, I cooked the chicken on Monday but that was it.

On Sunday when we went to the Mexican restaurant I ordered the Pollo Borracho, no rice, so it was onions, peppers, jalapenos, with chicken, refried beans and a side of spinach. The leftovers I kept for Monday's lunch. This week I will probably get a salad, I need to get back to my vegetables. Even though my weight isn't where I want it to be I am enjoying learning what works for me and what doesn't. My focus this week is to have a vegetable at least twice a day everyday. I hope you all enjoy your weekend!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 425 Member
    @lennoncpa - steady with the weight, good week. Love Sunny's sweater and of course his precious face.

@gottagetthisdown -"My focus this week is to have a vegetable at least twice a day everyday. I hope you all enjoy your weekend!" Looks like you have a great plan. Good luck with it, pulling for you.

KUMEcyclingteam - great ride and workouts this week. Good to hear that your mama is getting her second shot and is better.
  • kos33
    kos33 Posts: 31 Member
    Kos33
    PW 172
    CW 177
    😒 total mad week of yuk. Also water retention so prob not that bad but 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
This discussion has been closed.