Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome to the group!!! Great job on your loss so far!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    lessfatdad wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Gerrit. My current weight is 420 lbs. (6’3”) down form over 460 in March. My goal weight is 200-240 lbs. I have lost a lot of weight (120+ lbs) a few years ago and gain it all back and then some. I am just stating OMAD today and will be eating supper between 5 and 7 depending on my kid’s schedules. I have been doing low carb since March and been trying a 4:20 IF (basically 2 meal in a 4 hour period).

Hi, friend.

You can totally win. Just think LONG GAME. Stay the course.
  • doris533
    doris533 Posts: 5 Member
    Name:Doris
    Weight: 320
    Height: 5' 7"
    Goal Weight: 160 pounds
    OMAD time: 5-7 pm

After having 5 kids, graduating nursing school and taking care of everyone but my self I have finally opened my eyes. I was searching YouTube and came across OMAD. I work night shift 7p-7a. So far I'm loving this. My household was so curious, they researched it and now they are doing it as well wich makes it alot easy for me when shopping. It only been 5 days but I'm hanging in there. Wish me luck
  • arguablysamson
    doris533 wrote: »
    Name:Doris
    Weight: 320
    Height: 5' 7"
    Goal Weight: 160 pounds
    OMAD time: 5-7 pm

After having 5 kids, graduating nursing school and taking care of everyone but my self I have finally opened my eyes. I was searching YouTube and came across OMAD. I work night shift 7p-7a. So far I'm loving this. My household was so curious, they researched it and now they are doing it as well wich makes it alot easy for me when shopping. It only been 5 days but I'm hanging in there. Wish me luck

Welcome!

Some big changes ahead. You seem to be on the right track. Just remember, the change must be considered permanent to stick with it. Make no mistake; your mind will go back and forth and play tricks on you, but hang in there!
  • Isabelisik
    Isabelisik Posts: 12 Member
    Hello everyone!
    Name: Isabel
    Weight: 58 kg
    Height: 158 cm (sorry for the metric system😁)
    Past struggles: depression and binge drinking (still have struggles with those two time to time, but comparing to previous times, now it is just a hiccup)
    Goal weight: 50-52 kg
    Time: 8-10pm
    Start date: 14-12-2020

I also exercise 5 times a week, do yoga everyday and run 3 times a week... i have so much free time 😊
    Naturally, i am in a calorie deficit everyday. I feel more energized, focused and I dont get hungry. But i know i shouldnt continue like this too long..
    Any suggestions, questions and friend requests are welcome.
    Cheers,
    Isabel
  • danielchongcs
    danielchongcs Posts: 1 Member
    ...your name or preferred username : Dan
    ...your weight : 70kg
    ...your height : 170cm
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: Sleep Apnea, Auto Immune Disease, Brain Fog, Lack of Energy
    ...your goal weight range : 63kg. Reduce fat is the aim while keeping the muscles.
    ...the time of your OMAD 6.30am to 7.30am
    ...and your OMAD start date. 21/12/2020

Dear OMAD Family,

Dan here. I am starting on my OMAD today.

One question keep popping up. I noticed that a lot of fellow OMADers seem to eat their 1 meal in the evening.

However I always feel very hungry when i wake up.

So i am thinking of making that 1 meal a day, my breakfast. However, I hope that the experts can advice me on that whether it is suitable and why so many people are only eating in the evening?

Thank you. 😁🙏
  • Isabelisik
    Isabelisik Posts: 12 Member
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: Sleep Apnea, Auto Immune Disease, Brain Fog, Lack of Energy
    ...your goal weight range : 63kg. Reduce fat is the aim while keeping the muscles.

Dear OMAD Family,

One question keep popping up. I noticed that a lot of fellow OMADers seem to eat their 1 meal in the evening.

So i am thinking of making that 1 meal a day, my breakfast. However, I hope that the experts can advice me on that whether it is suitable and why so many people are only eating in the evening?

Thank you. 😁🙏

Hello Dan! I am new at OMAD and here too.
    I am sure everyone has different reasons for their eating time, but mine is that after eating i feel very very sleepy and tired. This was actually a huge problem for my performance at my work. I also exercise everyday and afterwards i feel amazingly hungry. So overall these are my reasons to eat on the evening. Hope you will reach your goals soon 😊😊
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, friends!
  • dja5
    dja5 Posts: 8 Member
    I am gearing up for another big OMAD push. :) January always brings me a lot of willpower. I'm hoping to ride this wave for the whole year and not peter out again in March like I did before.

your name or preferred username : Deb
    ...your weight : 214lbs (97kg)
    ...your height : 5.5 ft (168cm)
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: Lack of Energy, starting to have some knee and back pain
    ...your goal weight range : 140 lbs (65kg)
    ...the time of your OMAD 6-7pm
    ...and your OMAD start date. 1/2/2020

I've started practicing. In the past, I have experimented with when to eat my meal and found that lunch is the ideal time, hunger-wise. However, it is the most inconvenient time. Eventually, the problems associated with bringing a big OMAD meal to work every day overcome my organizational skills. This go around, I'm going to try to deal with the hunger and have my main meal at night. I picture myself taking a walk during lunchtime and picking up any grocery items I need. We'll see.

Today I ate at 12:30pm...I'm trying to train myself to eat later and later until it is 6pm, just in time for when I need to go back to work on the 4th.
  • arguablysamson
    You CAN do it!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member

Dear OMAD Family,

Thank you. 😁🙏

Hello Dan and welcome to the group. I think most people choose their meal time based on their lifestyle and how it best fits in. I think people may choose an evening meal because they can eat with their family who may not be doing OMAD. Some people choose later times because if they eat early, it makes them hungrier throughout the day so they opt to wait. I did the breakfast OMAD for a while and found it doable, but I was missing out on meals with my family so I went back to the evening meal. Whichever time frame you choose, it should be one you can stick to. Again, welcome to the group and welcome to OMAD.
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome, Deb! I too am looking to the new year and a new start to reaching my goal weight. We can do it.
  • GigiDeborah
    GigiDeborah Posts: 36 Member
    OMAD group! I'm happy to see this.

I'm wanting to do this more consistently because I know when I have long fasting days consecutively I can feel my inflammation subside and have so much less pain in my knees. I also know if I weigh less I'll have less pain in those knees as well.

About me:
    66 years old
    5'6"
    53 pound loss wanted
    married
    2 daughters
    3 grandchildren
    work for husband's biz as office manager

Goals:
    53 pound loss
    Increased fitness
    Increased well-being

Because I know being thinner isn't a cure for love of self, but it sure can help.

I'm happy to be here.
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome to the group, we are happy to have you.
  • BenPrizeman302
    BenPrizeman302 Posts: 1 Member
    NAME: Ben Prizeman / 35 years old / Bristol / England
    HIGHT: 6:1 FEET OR 185CM
    WEIGHT: 29 STONE / 406 POUNDS / 185 KG
    Goal weight range - 13 to 15 stone
    - 182 lb to 210 lb
    1 month on OMAD
    Past struggles - it will sound like an exaggeration but I lost 140 at least 4 times in my life. I just can't avoid putting it on again and it seems to lose it as you get older. It very time-consuming.
    OMAD start date: 10 January 2021
    Honestly, I have not had the guts to weigh myself yet but already feel 10 times better.
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome Ben!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome!
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, all!
  • dimipink
    dimipink Posts: 3 Member
    Hello my name is Dimi. I am 36 years old married mom of two. I am 70.6 kilos today and my height is 1.66cm. My target weight is 63 kilos which is my pre-pregnancies weight. I am following OMAD 3 weeks now and I have lost 3 kilos. I eat once a day at lunch. I started OMAD at 1st of March. Feel free to add me as a friend cause I need support and motivation! Thank you :)
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome!