Under 200 calorie Lunch or meal options?

Options
2»

Replies

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am currently tucking into a giant bowl of plain chow mein, which was 265 calories to make - you could make a smaller portion and it would still feel big enough to be a meal. You just need to watch the amount of vegetable oil and sesame oil you add, as that's where the calories come in. Egg noodles seem to be much better calorie value than egg pasta!

The lowest calorie 'nice' soup I can make is carrot soup - I can get that down to 100 calories a portion, which leaves capacity for breadsticks/crackers if you like them. Carrot is a really great value for calorie vegetable.

Eggs have already been mentioned - for 200 calories, I would make a scramble with two whole eggs, onions, red peppers and tomatoes. The trick is to bulk out the eggs with as many low-calorie extras as you can manage.

If you're eating a tiny meal and it's the sort of meal that would work well with fresh herbs and/or grated parmesan, add some of that. The calories they add are very minimal, but they make it feel more luxurious. Any trick you can use, right?

I'd probably find it easier to make meals for 300 calories and eat protein bars (the lowest I can buy is 115 calories) in between. Upping to 300 gives you more options.

Good luck!
  • NatashaR44
    NatashaR44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast for lunch all the time. My go-to is half a cup of egg whites bulked up with veggies (I like spinach and mushrooms) plus a cup of frozen hashbrowns and a slice or two of turkey bacon in the air fryer. Just under or around 200 usually.

I also like a big plates of baby butter lettuce with a packet of albacore tuna (with a dollop of avocado mayo) and some cherry tomatoes and a dash of some good balsamic vinegar.

Another super low calorie but filling meal is shirataki noodles flavored with a scoop of your fave Thai peanut sauce and tons of veggies or tofu (or chicken, but that adds more calories).
  • fitb4quitgirl
    fitb4quitgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I recently learned how important egg whites are! Instead of having a normal 3 egg omelet, I'll substitute 2 of the eggs for the equivalent in eggwhites.
    Steamable edamame is a great snack too, low cal & decent protein!
    Another low calorie option for protein is seafood - sashimi, a filet, canned tuna in water, shrimp. <3
  • OldSnake22
    OldSnake22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    veggie soups, veggie stir fry, salads, add a small amount of meat for some fat and protein, they can usually be made around 200-300 calories
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    When I was eating small meals my 'go-to' list was
    1. yogurt with cottage cheese
    2. those chicken or tuna salad kits that come with crackers (6, but you can eat less to save calories)
    3. a protein bar (quest is 200 calories).
    4. veg soup
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Well Yes! Cambells' soups are sometimes REALLY low calorie. Like 200 for the whole can and pretty good and filling.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    This morning breakfast is cottage cheese pancakes and turkey bacon for 223 calorie.
  • astarky1983
    astarky1983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I made a list of fruits and veggies that come in under 100 calories per serving. I make sure to buy a few of each when I shop and portion them for snacking. I’ll pack 50 calorie berry packs and prep small salads with light dressings for under 100 calories. Add 1oz any lean protein to salad for another 50 calories or so 👍🏼
  • astarky1983
    Options
    And veggie egg roll in a bowl with cauliflower rice👍🏼
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have a dairylea or laughing cow triangle on 4 crispbreads for lunch which is 165 calories.

I have porridge with skimmed milk and water which is 50 calories for every 10g of oats and 30ml of skimmed milk.

I have a yogurt at 85 calories.

I have a salad of lettuce, mushroom, white cabbage and cucumber for 60 calories or so depending on my exact portion size. I do not like dressing so do not have to worry about that and just season with onion powder and black pepper. Add a whole can of tuna for around 140 calories more.

Another favourite of mine is strawberries with a dollop of yogurt which can be between 100 and 200 calories depending on the portion size.

I also like canned minestrone soup which is 154 calories.

• OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The following has been my go-to for the past couple weeks, not tired of it yet!

1 Tuna Creations pouch, lemon pepper (80) or spicy thai chili (90)
    4 Carrs Table Water crackers (56) or 2 Rye Krisp crackers (50)
    1 medium tomato, sliced (25)
    1/2 medium cucumber, sliced (17)
    1 slice vidalia onion (9)
    sprinkled liberally with Everything Bagel seasoning (10-20)
    197 calories +/-

OR, as others have said, a can of many Campbells or Progresso soups.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Much like others have stated in this thread, I usually do the same few items...

1. Tuna (Find low calorie bread or wrap)
    2. Cottage cheese (I often add fruits or veggies)
    3. Salad (I usually just buy the premade kits for tracking purposes)
  • astarky1983
    edited June 2021
    Options
    i5cxpa0ezt01.jpeg

Cup of cabbage, cup of broccoli, a couple baby carrots, a celery stalk, 1/4 yellow onion, 1/8 green pepper, 1 tsp sriracha, 1 tablespoon sugar free orange marinade, 10 shrimp, 1/4 tsp sesame oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger 👍🏼 Steamed veggies with a little water, salt, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper. Add shrimp and sauces 👍🏼 206 calories
  • rcravillion
    rcravillion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ideas for you: Open Face Reuben. Toast 1/2 Thomas brand bagel thin. Top with 2 oz Carl Budding Corn Beef, 1 tablespoon of Kraft Lite Thousand Island Dressing, and 2 tablespoons of drained Sauerkraut. (Total 185 Calories).
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Ideas for you: Open Face Reuben. Toast 1/2 Thomas brand bagel thin. Top with 2 oz Carl Budding Corn Beef, 1 tablespoon of Kraft Lite Thousand Island Dressing, and 2 tablespoons of drained Sauerkraut. (Total 185 Calories).

This is something right up my alley. May have to do this!
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    freda78 wrote: »
    I have a dairylea or laughing cow triangle on 4 crispbreads for lunch which is 165 calories.

I have porridge with skimmed milk and water which is 50 calories for every 10g of oats and 30ml of skimmed milk.

I have a yogurt at 85 calories.

I have a salad of lettuce, mushroom, white cabbage and cucumber for 60 calories or so depending on my exact portion size. I do not like dressing so do not have to worry about that and just season with onion powder and black pepper. Add a whole can of tuna for around 140 calories more.

Another favourite of mine is strawberries with a dollop of yogurt which can be between 100 and 200 calories depending on the portion size.

I also like canned minestrone soup which is 154 calories.

I list some of what I eat for under 200 calories and someone disagrees?????? Er..... that's just dumb. :D