Need to loss more than 100lbs?

Looking for people who like me need to lose 100 pounds are more. I started this year with that goal and so far have lost 31. Would love to have other people to connect with to motivate each other.

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    I'm right there with you! Also doing very well since mid January or so.... currently starting week 11. I don't step on a scale so I can't through a number at you. But I'm definitely going through positive changes.

We can do it together! :)
  • thedietplancass
    thedietplancass Posts: 4 Member
    More willpower than me. I hop on every morning and no matter what it says it drives me for the day.
  • N0M0Y0Y0
    N0M0Y0Y0 Posts: 30 Member
    Still learning this app. Looking for supportive community/friends to keep me inspired. Have lost about 55lbs. Still got about 180lbs to go. feel free to add me. Still haven't figured out how to friend request
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    @rick60rt if you want to friend someone, click on their profile picture, and then the + sign.

This is a great group for people looking to lose 100+:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    I need to lose 100lbs+ as well. Feel free to add me :-)
  • quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 234 Member
    My goal is to lose 125 from my starting point. That still puts me on the high side of my ideal BMI, but it seems like a reasonable goal. I’m down about 10lbs so far. Would love like-minded friends for the journey!
  • S_hena_
    S_hena_ Posts: 1 Member
    looking for people who are interested in loosing weight. Long story short I was 257 pounds last year 2020 so far i have lose 57 pounds, My goal is to lose more weight in this year and get into a good cut shape. I need cut it for 176 pounds, That's my goal in this year. Please feel free to add me. Good luck with your plans. Cheers :)
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 592 Member
    That is interesting you started at 257. That is where I started at in 2017 when I joined MFP. It has only been since may of 2020 that I got really serious about losing weight because of some health problems and a midlife crisis...I will turn 60 in the fall. I need to lose between 90 and 100 lbs. I have already reached a 35 lb loss, but would at least like to lose another 15 before my 60th birthday. It has been particularly frustrating for me with Hashimoto's thryroiditis and Afib hampering my progress. I track everything and work out 5 to 6 days a week doing cardio and weights in the heavier range. Anyone else with these issues? I am in need of motivation too!
  • 47livefree7772
    47livefree7772 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello Everyone. Today I joined MFP in the hopes of loosing 100 lbs. I am excited to see other people dealing with the same struggle I am currently facing. I sometimes feel I’m in this alone. I am hoping to make positive connections with you as this is my first time ever posting in a group.
  • 47livefree7772
    47livefree7772 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m hoping to be encouraged by others and give encouragement to others throughout our journey. 😁🤙
  • Larafit28
    Larafit28 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone
    I've been on MFP for quite a while now. Mainly lurking but never doing anything.. today's the day that stops. I'm looking to lose quite a bit of weight. So ideally 30kg ,46 if I could get there ( I'm in New Zealand) I'm not sure what it is in pounds. So hopefully looking to.meet some like minded people on the same journey 😊❤️
  • MrsChar4Freedom
    MrsChar4Freedom Posts: 7 Member
    👋😊 I have exactly 100 pounds to lose, I'm new too! Help lol
  • c0pperf0x
    c0pperf0x Posts: 3 Member
    I have been on the app for about 2 weeks, but I started my journey about 2 months ago. It's all still pretty new. Lost 22 pounds so far with a lot left to go. It's all very overwhelming. Counting calories, watching carbs and sugars...plus avoiding ibs issues. Plus I'm supposed to try to add in intermittent fasting and exercise when my day is already filled? Eating used to be enjoyable lol... not so much any more. Please add me if you need friends.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    If IF is stressing you out, why bother? It’s the calories that matter. Time of day has nothing to do with weight loss.

If it was IF versus exercising, I know where I’d focus my energy.

And find something you enjoy doing so it’s not stressful. I didn’t ever think I’d enjoy exercise, but once I started it snowballed
    til I have to reel myself in sometimes.