What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    If hosomaki and soft-boiled eggs for breakfast is wrong, then I don't wanna be right

56x5oas15cgl.jpg

😍 yum!!!!
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    If hosomaki and soft-boiled eggs for breakfast is wrong, then I don't wanna be right

56x5oas15cgl.jpg

We really miss sushi. Looks great.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,601 Member
    Mac and cheese made from dehydrated cheese powder, coleslaw, air fried wings with Korean BBQ sauce, sauted sugar snaps.
    d4xkw5oyujcl.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited March 2021
    @snowflake954 I love spaghetti alle vongole. Such a simple dish but so delicious. Best I ever had was in Civitanova Marche (south of Ancona). I don't know what kind of olive oil they used but it was buttery in flavor. I kept having the dish elsewhere and it was never as good though still tasty. I have made it at home but I can't get those smaller clams here so mine always looks oversized.

@acpgee do you make your own xiao long bao? Do you have a recipe you can recommend?
  • acpgee
    @snowflake954 I love spaghetti alle vongole. Such a simple dish but so delicious. Best I ever had was in Civitanova Marche (south of Ancona). I don't know what kind of olive oil they used but it was buttery in flavor. I kept having the dish elsewhere and it was never as good though still tasty. I have made it at home but I can't get those smaller clams here so mine always looks oversized.

@acpgee do you make your own xiao long bao? Do you have a recipe you can recommend?

I bought ready made xiao long bao in the deep freeze section of the asian supermarket. I prefer a packet where all the dumplings are separated. If you can only get a brand where all the dumplings are on a single tray so stuck together, separate them while frozen before steaming.

Xiao long bao emit a squirt of hot broth when you bite into them so you want to avoid serving in a way you are likely to break the dumpling pasta while picking them up from the serving vessel.

• Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    dpfqzkmshkg3.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Last night's leftovers rolled into breakfast. It's hard to get a tidy result using nori sheets cut in half for hand rolls.
    uknw21qpp7sg.jpeg

• xojenbrassardxo
    xojenbrassardxo Posts: 38 Member
    Post-workout egg and cheese omelet drizzled with sriracha.

k5oskxxd0tdw.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    gnwe372rzvdq.jpeg

First grill of the season: hotdogs and buns and macaroni salad. I straight up forgot the eggs in the salad so I hardboiled some today to add to the leftovers lol

OMMGGG!!!!!!!!! CRAVING THIS NOW!
  • xojenbrassardxo
    xojenbrassardxo Posts: 38 Member
    We've had a busy day so we opted for A&W tonight

7lypswpfvmr6.jpg
  • acpgee
    Steamed artichoke with hollandaise followed by porcini risotto.
    ka40b8o812fy.jpeg
    az7oxaujmql9.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member

Agreed that you need an excellent quality EVOO to pull off "spaghetti alle vongole"--spaghetti w clams. Luckily in Italy quality ingredients are readily available. Most of the meals I make are simple.
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie

Yum !

nrsf9a4rbk6f.jpeg