What does your low carb meals look like??

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    I’m making my first chaffles tomorrow, mostly thanks to you two, @psuLemon & @Poobah1972. Yours look so good! Got a little waffle maker and everything. Will report back :smile:

Exciting, Waffles are pretty fun, and quick to make really.... Million ways to make them to boot! I haven't tried a Chaffle yet... So I'll have to get on that. Keep us posted!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    This was yum and very easy! I used 1 egg, 39 g finely shredded mozzarella, 1 tsp of coconut flour, and a quarter tsp of baking powder. A little non-butter and keto syrup... totally hit the spot.
    u3mywjmjeokw.jpeg

ETA: The recipe called for 56 g (1/2 cup) cheese with 1 egg to make two chaffles. That seemed like a lot of cheese for the amount of liquid, so I did a little less, and I think it was fine. Not sure how much difference the flour + baking powder made. Also, I cooked one of these waffles about twice as long as the other. It was only slightly drier. All in all, a very forgiving recipe!

Coconut flour makes things dry. You are better off using almond flour. If you want it sweet, you can add swerve (25g), cinnamon and vanilla extract.
  • Poobah1972
    This was yum and very easy! I used 1 egg, 39 g finely shredded mozzarella, 1 tsp of coconut flour, and a quarter tsp of baking powder. A little non-butter and keto syrup... totally hit the spot.
    u3mywjmjeokw.jpeg

ETA: The recipe called for 56 g (1/2 cup) cheese with 1 egg to make two chaffles. That seemed like a lot of cheese for the amount of liquid, so I did a little less, and I think it was fine. Not sure how much difference the flour + baking powder made. Also, I cooked one of these waffles about twice as long as the other. It was only slightly drier. All in all, a very forgiving recipe!

Ahhhh, Hit the spot huh? Good job! :)
  • psuLemon
    Fajita bowl tonight and a transition back to keto after my refeed.

u32gmhqpm7yp.jpg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Making fathead pizza with pepperoni olives and pesto
  • coffeerose55
    coffeerose55 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi,
    These are great, basically [no whites as in bread ,rice,sugar,flour or pasta.] Thanks :)
  • Poobah1972
    Hi,
    These are great, basically [no whites as in bread ,rice,sugar,flour or pasta.] Thanks :)

More or less... Basically it comes down to amount of carbs you eat per day. Some manage less then 5% carbs per day. I'm happy with about 10-15% carbs 60% Fat calories and the rest protein. I'm not sure if I would be considered keto or low carb to be honest. Either way I test my ketones daily and I'm pretty much in ketosis 24/7 so in my mind that qualifies as Keto to me. Fruit are definitely tricky... I tend to just eat Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries 5 days a week.
  • Poobah1972
    Seafood alfredo Chicken MELT (on low carb bread)

jzebl0kgljuk.jpg

I almost felt guilty eating it... Um no I didn't at only 7 net carbs. (Fiance get's the nod for making the Seafood Alfredo).

Macro's

wwn9tszrqfn9.png

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Seafood alfredo Chicken MELT (on low carb bread)

jzebl0kgljuk.jpg

I almost felt guilty eating it... Um no I didn't at only 7 net carbs. (Fiance get's the nod for making the Seafood Alfredo).

Macro's

wwn9tszrqfn9.png

That looks incredible and delicious :)
  • Poobah1972
    Of the chain Megan.. OFF THE CHAIN! :smiley:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Of the chain Megan.. OFF THE CHAIN! :smiley:

LOL it looks like it ... I will be making hamburgers on chaffles with pork rinds and blue cheese dressing for dinner tonight :)
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Dry rub baked buffalo chicken and cauliflower rice with broccoli and cheese!
    jhkyd2bjh1li.jpeg
  • psuLemon
    Deconstructed Chicken Egg Roll in a bowl. So amazing!

kb442wd5d3l6.jpg
  • Chanda_7
    Chanda_7 Posts: 15 Member
    Steak and mushrooms, cheese cauliflower, and Italian green beans.
  • Poobah1972
    psuLemon wrote: »

kb442wd5d3l6.jpg

That looks yum What is all in there? :)
  • Poobah1972
    Chanda_7 wrote: »
    Steak and mushrooms, cheese cauliflower, and Italian green beans.

Ahah, that was a nice high res photo, I could practically taste it. :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon wrote: »

That looks yum What is all in there? :)

Chicken, green and red cabbage, carrots, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, unsweetened rice wine, scallions, sesame seeds and a siracha mayo. Topped with a fried egg in ghee.
  • Poobah1972
    Thank you... :)
  • psuLemon
    Simple and delicious

2d7k5ntpl807.jpg