Down 22 pounds in 2 months. Here's the routine. Feedback welcome

FreeFor40
FreeFor40 Posts: 48 Member
Quick snap shot of what I have been doing daily. My goal is to lose 65 lbs by my 40th Birthday in August 2022. Started January 25th 2021

1.Tracking my calories daily to lose 1-2 lbs a week.
2.Have cut out alcohol from my diet (Drank twice in 2 months) I think 1-2 times a month tops is my goal moving forward if not less.
3.90% of my diet does not have white carbs (pasta, deep fried stuff, pizza dough, donuts,etcc)
4.Exercise 6-7 days a week. Includes weights, walks, bike riding, jogging, playing with kids, walking golf and swimming.
5.Sleep 6 hours or more a night.

And I believe this is the biggest contributing factor.

6. Taking a 12-18 hour fast from my last meal of the day (usually between 5:00 and 7:00pm) and if I have indulged in a white carb meal like pizza or lasagna, I have an 18 hour fast. This method has made late night snacking go extinct. That behaviour is over.

I hope this is helpful to others. Any tips or feedback on my routine is appreciated!!

Replies

• chelbec1
    chelbec1 Posts: 4 Member
    Congratulations my dear, way to go. Holy cow, I truly hope I'm as successful as you.
  • TiredMom2021
    TiredMom2021 Posts: 25 Member
    Great job! You are well on your way to meeting your goal!
  • foodieizzy
    foodieizzy Posts: 33 Member
    Amazing! Good for you :)
  • lisamd71
    lisamd71 Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations on your progress!
  • jennettewooten
    jennettewooten Posts: 11 Member
    Great job your amazing
  • Whatsthemotive
    Whatsthemotive Posts: 145 Member
    Man. That's fast weight loss.
  • FreeFor40
    Congrats!
    I'm Curious; what's your daily calorie goal (before exercise?)

1975 at the moment. Usually I burn 400-900 calories a day in exercise depending what activities I complete. Those days are great for food that is higher calorie.
  • FreeFor40
    Great job your amazing

Thank you very much, I am going to keep myself accountable and keep pushing this goal until August 2022 (and beyond)
  • FreeFor40
    Great progress!

Fasting changed my life for the better.

Fasting really is a game changer. I believe fasting has created a change in my brains wiring where late night snacking is less craved because I am conditioning myself to take that 12-18 hour break daily. Even when a craving happens, I think about my goal of completing the fast, have a glass of water and move on. When I do fail, I make sure two hit the 12-18 hour mark the following morning/afternoon before my next meal.
  • FreeFor40
    lisamd71 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your progress!

Thank you, I appreciate your comment.
  • sandysaia
    sandysaia Posts: 25 Member
    Congratulations on the fast progress. Please tell me what a typical day of eating is for you?I eat way too many calories and having trouble eating portion control.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Well done. That's a great start. How much protein are you getting? It's probably a good idea to be getting at least 0.8g per pound of lean body mass, since you're on a somewhat high calorie deficit while doing weights too.
  • Chasing_Dawn
    Chasing_Dawn Posts: 1 Member
    What are your macro's like. I am pretty much doing the same thing. Down 8 lbs since March 8th. Feel like it should be more, but I know that I am replacing a lot of the fat with muscle from cycling, strength training and walking/jogging. I am not as strict with the fasting. Thanks for that tip!
  • noraknotes
    noraknotes Posts: 16 Member
    That's so awesome! Congrats!

Do you find yourself lacking energy when working out + fasting? I have done fasting a few times but have absolutely no energy to exercise.
  • kimbjg
    kimbjg Posts: 1 Member
    You are doing amazing keep up the good work. When did you start. I am 18 days in
  • 2hermie
    2hermie Posts: 16 Member
    Congrats!! I am kind of doing the same thing. I was a terrible evening snacker! The fasting has eliminated that. I did not drink alcohol so that wasn't a concern. I believe the 12-18hr fasting has been the key for me this time. I am currently 2 months in and down 20lbs. I try to stay at the 1200 calories a day and the other big thing for me is limiting my carbs. I am carb sensitive! I do not lack any energy - I actually feel better and am more motivated to take that walk with the dog. When I have a "bad" day calorie wise.... I try to make it up with being a bit more disciplined with the fast the next day. Good Job - keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!