Are you from the big city or a small town?

Replies

• anna_nintey3
    anna_nintey3 Posts: 843 Member
    I grew up in a big city but now live in a small town
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    How many stop lights does it have?
  • anna_nintey3
    anna_nintey3 Posts: 843 Member
    About 5 I think
  • lilbitofsunshine
    lilbitofsunshine Posts: 10 Member
    Small
    Town
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Chicago
  • nks80
    nks80 Posts: 139 Member
    Big city (2nd biggest city in England)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Small town
  • mwgibler
    mwgibler Posts: 154 Member
    The closest “town” is tiny
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Middle, 40,000 + people both where I grew up and town I currently live in is about this size as well.

I love small towns. We bought our house ten years ago with nothing around and it was great, great, great! Now we have a humongous Walmart one mile down the road, the second one in this city and the third within an 8 mile drive. We have 176,537,439 restaurants churches, bakeries, gyms, dry cleaners, and auto parts stores within a two mile range now, too.

I was so wrong. I just learnt population is 82,000 and getting bigger...
  • strangeanimal55
    strangeanimal55 Posts: 87 Member
    Extremely small. The street I lived on was the same as my family name. We were the only two houses on that few mile stretch
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    The stucco slabs of sleepy suburbia, where hot moms shop at Nordstrom Rack during the day, and outspoken anti-vaxxers on Facebook somehow get elected to city council. I would not be the whiny prozac-dependent millennial that I am today if it weren't for this funkytown!
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Born in a coalmining town in the Poconos, but was wrenched away at 5. It used to be safe & friendly. Now it's drug addled & people lock their doors.

Since then only lived in the largest cities in the world... 4 continents, 7 countries, 11-12 states. In the states, lived the longest in Boston. Stopped counting at move #30.

Since 5, never lived in a place smaller than Boston in population or in a house... only inner-city apt bldgs & giant apt complexes.

Small towns make me a nervous wreck... it's impossible for me to imagine not going to the ballet, theater, symphony, lectures, concerts, espresso bars & to have 100 ethnic restaurants within walking distance to choose from at least a couple of times/wk. I get it, if you own property & have lawns, gardens, land, family & kids to attend to, so you have plenty to do... but, I'm a renter without all the aforementioned. I need 3M people bothering me at all hours of the day & night.
  • Kindhearts30
    Kindhearts30 Posts: 1,723 Member
    Small town
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    Grew up in a town of 5,000 in Idaho. Went to college in Delaware, with a freshman class of 5,000, let alone the rest of the university, let alone the rest of the city! Something of a culture shock, believe you me.

Currently live in a city of a couple hundred thousand...not sure if that qualifies as a "big city" or not by some people's standards.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    How many stop lights does it have?
    What’s a stop light?
    Is that like that one sign on Main Street that says STOP?
  • TeenyH2015
    TeenyH2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Scottish countryside so neither a big city or a small town <3
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    TeenyH2015 wrote: »
    Scottish countryside so neither a big city or a small town <3

THAT Sounds idyllic!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Small city or big town depending on who you ask.
    Around 60k population and the center of a 200k metro area