Hello from the UK

Hi all. I was struggling to find a group best suited to my current situation and I think you guys might be the ones! I'm a 33 year old female from the United Kingdom, starting my MFP journey today. My start weight is 331lbs and it's just starting to affect my mobility.

Hope you're all OK and keeping safe, wherever you are.

Replies

• BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    Hello! Great to meet you! We seem to share similarities in terms of our weight.

I am new here and always looking for inspiration. I recently moved from the US to Guam with my daughter and grandchildren and do not like it ... it is too hot and so I find myself spending my days lying in my bed since my room is the only one that is air-conditioned. I now find myself totally out of shape and have great difficulty even walking now. I just turned 58 and now weigh 320 lbs (i think because I need to buy some scales), but I am now motivating myself to lose the weight and get back in shape! I am sure the heat will be a lot more tolerable if I lose weight. I am going on two weeks now and have been following my diet and have started a 30 minute every other day seated chair exercise routine. I refuse to become bedridden so I hope and pray I continue to be successful on my journey.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Have a great day and best of luck with your weightloss journey. :)<3
  • celestialqueenxo
    celestialqueenxo Posts: 4 Member
    Hey there, always up for new friends who are in a similar boat.

I'm around the 310 mark, which is the highest weight I've ever been and the impact to my confidence has been shattering. I'm lucky I'm fairly tall so I don't look 'that big' but I'm over hating myself and hiding from mirrors.

I'm a student nurse in the Shropshire area of the UK.

I'm so fed up of getting out of breath and sweating doing things that other people don't even struggle with.
  • BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    Hey there, always up for new friends who are in a similar boat.

I'm around the 310 mark, which is the highest weight I've ever been and the impact to my confidence has been shattering. I'm lucky I'm fairly tall so I don't look 'that big' but I'm over hating myself and hiding from mirrors.

I'm a student nurse in the Shropshire area of the UK.

I'm so fed up of getting out of breath and sweating doing things that other people don't even struggle with.

Nice to meet you!

I feel exactly the same way you do. I am just very slowly incorporating exercise into my daily routine and doing my best to get my health back. I have always been overweight throughout my life but I was always in good shape until I entered my 50's and my health slowly declined to the point that I recently turned 58 and was almost completely bedridden (I was completely out of breath just walking a few feet to the bathroom). I refused to let that keep happening though so I am ever so slowly getting back in shape, but lawdy it isn't easy like it used to be! Both my hips need to be replaced, plus my knees are getting to that point, and I have degenerative disc disease... needless to say I suffer through quite a bit of pain and stiffness but I am slowly taking back my health and I refuse to give up!