March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo I wish I had your energy!!!!

Says the man who has run EVERY SINGLE DAY THIS MONTH!

...but slowly...
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,947 Member
    @WhatMeRunning Hahaha I wish I had known sooner. I would have definitely visited the puppies. I guess looking at pictures will have to do.

@RunsOnEspresso I hope the weather cools down again and you have the conditions you want for the race.

@Avidkeo Wow! Running with an achy tooth and calling it easy! You're in beast mode. Hope you were able to get the tooth pulled today.

@polskagirl01 Sorry none of the other women showed for your run. Hope your quad is okay.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    3/17 - 1.67 mile 31 min easy effort
    3/18 - .98 mile 15 min stamina effort
    3/19 - 1.66 mile 30 min easy effort
    3/22 - 1.67 mile 30 min easy effort
    3/23 - 1.73 mile 30 min easy effort
    3/24 - 1.31 mile 20 min stamina effort

Stamina run today to help boost the cardio. So far, so good on all fronts except being slower than a drunken snail. :tongue:
  • quilteryoyo
    Nice running @kgirlhart . I hate it when I have a post all ready and it disappears.

@rheddmobile Running in sand does lend a new dimension. Nice to see the deer and have such lovely weather. I'd love to see some of your tiny flower bouquets if you can find a couple to post.

@WhatMeRunning Hahaha.

Nice early run @Teresa502 ! It was 59 here this morning.

Nice run for you too @Scott6255 . I ran after my vaccine too, with no ill affects. Glad you are feeling well.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    3-1 7k slow
    3-2 7k easy
    3-3 7k easy
    3-4 7k slow
    3-5 7k easy
    3-6 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    3-7 7k slow
    3-8 7k moderate
    3-9 7k easy
    3-10 7k tempo-ish
    3-11 7k easy
    3-12 7k measy
    3-13 7k tempo
    3-14 7k measy
    3-15 7k easy
    3-16 7k easy
    3-17 7k easy
    3-18 5k treadmill
    3-19 7k slow
    3-20 7k moderate
    3-21 7k easy
    3-22 7k moderate
    3-23 7k easy
    3-24 7k measy

March Total: 166k
    March Goal: 150k

Mid 50s F today after a little light rain early this morning. A fresh breeze from the south scoured all the clouds out of the sky and it was sunny by the time I finished. The daffodils are starting to bloom; the forsythia are showing some yellow; and I heard killdeer and phoebes. Forgot to mention I heard peepers last week.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
  • quilteryoyo
    You are doing great @Avidkeo! Glad the tooth isn't really hurting.

@Tramboman Glad you are seeing/hearing so many signs of Spring.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,052 Member
    I see everyone running this morning and yesterday, like @scott6255 and @marisap2010 and @kgirlhart and all I can think is ouchhhhh.

How much time do y’all take off after a race? I feel pretty stagnant but I’m trying to avoid injury as I have a half marathon at the end of May.

I usually take 1-2 days truly off depending on how I feel then see from there. Around here, races tend to be on Saturday and Sunday is usually a rest day for me anyway, so I'll go walk on Monday then get back to by usual schedule on Wednesday. Most of the plans I have used haven't had anything longer than 3-4 miles per run for the first few runs after a race.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,052 Member
    @kgirlhart . I hate it when that happens!

@rheddmobile Running in sand is hard! My calves usually hurt for a couple days if I do that.

Glad you're feeling well post-shot @Scott6255 . I also felt totally fine after my first dose and just a little fatigue after the 2nd. Not too bad.

@RunsOnEspresso I hope the weather cooperates for you. I am also not ready for the heat! My runs are about to get real short!!
  • quilteryoyo
    @polskagirl01 Hahaha about the wolf (or pack thereof). I do hope you don't see any. Glad your quad is doing good. I've never seen a black squirrel in person. Most of ours are grey. Hope your new restrictions aren't too bad.

@martaindale It's good that DH and daughter finished C25K at least. Will your husband keep running if daughter doesn't?

@katharmonic Glad you are getting some runs in and your back isn't bothering you. Heat on a sore back is the best.