What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    gswtetur9o4t.png

This sounds intriguing to me - how do you use it? what does it taste like?

it is sweet/salty. made with licorice root! A coworker turned me on to it. she likes it on her savory oatmeal and eggs. I like it sprinkled on chocolate myself... so good.

here is where to buy it on amazon: https://amzn.to/3tyhS7l

omg! This will be apart of the next order for sure!
    Sounds so so good!

....however, it costs over $40 on Amazon to my country. Sourced out some other companies ($30 for the product...$20 to ship...)🙄

Canada?? I'm sure you could find other brands!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    gswtetur9o4t.png

it is sweet/salty. made with licorice root! A coworker turned me on to it. she likes it on her savory oatmeal and eggs. I like it sprinkled on chocolate myself... so good.

Sounds so so good!

....however, it costs over $40 on Amazon to my country. Sourced out some other companies ($30 for the product...$20 to ship...)🙄

No doubt! Craziness😐
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    On a whim I bought a sleeve of wild caught Alaskan Salmon back in November. I eat plenty of canned tuna as my tuna salad is pretty much a mainstay of once or twice per week and I thought I'd switch it up with some salmon. In general, I enjoy salmon and we usually buy about 25 Lbs worth from one of our friends who's an Alaskan fisherman who makes his way down to our neck of the woods with a truck load every October...but I wasn't really feeling the canned stuff. Tried several different recipe ideas with it, and none of it was particularly bad, but nothing really that great either.

I had two cans left and decided last Sunday I'd use them up and be done with them. I found a salmon cake recipe (like crab cakes) that sounded good enough...they were actually friggin' awesome and I can't wait to make them again. We've started our weekly Costco list for the weekend shopping, and the canned salmon is back on the list for salmon cakes.

They got a great smoked salmon in a package that I mix with Fage greek yogurt and a little fresh dill. It makes a great salmon dip that I eat with cucumbers, carrots and sweet mini peppers.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    “Boiled” red potatoes (done by steaming them in the rice cooker) with salt. That’s it. WHY are they so addicting :love:
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    gswtetur9o4t.png

Sounds so so good!

No doubt! Craziness😐

Try canadianseasalt.com Vancouver Island Salt company. They have some interesting flavours including coffee, and maple.
  • pancakerunner
    past few days I have been loving a glass of cava brut paired with a good quality milk or white chocolate after dinner :)
  • anna_nintey3
    anna_nintey3 Posts: 843 Member
    Ccooofffeee... I think I'm addicted
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    past few days I have been loving a glass of cava brut paired with a good quality milk

I read it this way initially and was wondering why you didn't put your weird milk and cava drink in the unpopular opinions thread.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    past few days I have been loving a glass of cava brut paired with a good quality milk

I read it this way initially and was wondering why you didn't put your weird milk and cava drink in the unpopular opinions thread.

🤣....yes that would be a good place for the beverage
  • Chanda_7
    Chanda_7 Posts: 15 Member
    A camel premier protein shake with a little cold brew coffee, over ice!
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 601 Member
    Rutabega
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Dukkah - on everything! Peas, avo toast, eggs, rice 😋
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Goat cheese!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    edited March 2021
  • pancakerunner
    Pretty sure I've mentioned it before but I am not a big bread person... but I LOVE cinnamon bread. Instead of having the bread I mix cinnamon and truvia, put some whipped butter on a spoon and eat it. Weird, but hits the cravings.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Current obsession....Polenta slices cooked in the air fryer. I've never had it before. It's good! gb4q8jzxlha1.jpg
    That looks so good! How long do you cook it? Gotta try it, not sure how?
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    You can buy instant Polenta (Cornmeal) in the store and cook it according to package directions. My mom used to do it from scratch and save the left overs in a square pan in the fridge. The next day she would slice them and pan-fry the slices in butter and top them with cheese. It was an inexpensive and tasting meal.
    A little bit different that the chips, but another variation as well.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Current obsession....Polenta slices cooked in the air fryer. I've never had it before. It's good! gb4q8jzxlha1.jpg
    That looks so good! How long do you cook it? Gotta try it, not sure how?

I cook it for 13 minutes and it comes out great. I stack them so that some are crispy and some are soft, so they're all different. No oil or anything needed and they pop right off without sticking.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited March 2021
    @chris89topher will try it!
    @Gisel2015 thats how I usually eat it. Just thought the air fried looked crispier than I cook mine. I love crispy without fat!

Thanks!