GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Happy Monday friends 😁 today was light day, just Bi’s and Tri’s followed by some cardio 😳 I even ran a mile 😂 it’s been a long time since I ran, hoping to get my heart used to heavy pumping again to help with my suicides.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148860f31de07cd6d09c95947b471ca88d4463a4b4ee4&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I'm still busy trying to break the cycle of shame. I'll be back in...an undetermined amount of time.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,060 Member
    Happy Monday friends 😁 today was light day, just Bi’s and Tri’s followed by some cardio 😳 I even ran a mile 😂 it’s been a long time since I ran, hoping to get my heart used to heavy pumping again to help with my suicides.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148860f31de07cd6d09c95947b471ca88d4463a4b4ee4&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Those light days can be nice at times.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    5ofseven wrote: »

I'm still busy trying to break the cycle of shame. I'll be back in...an undetermined amount of time.

You are welcome here, no matter where you are in the cycle. 🤗
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »

I very much like your gifs and pics. You are strong and beautiful.....kicking *kitten*.👍

Thank you ☺️ Even though I think you’re only saying that Bc you can’t say “keep it up” 🤣😂🤣😂 1 month out so I’m a frazzled wreck, but trying to get excited 😁
  • jennacole12

🤣🤣🤣 no shame necessary 😘
  • jennacole12

It’s so true! Also, feel like I haven’t seen you much lately, hope all is well 😁
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,060 Member

It’s so true! Also, feel like I haven’t seen you much lately, hope all is well 😁

I’m still here, everyday. Enjoying everything you guys are posting. I’m still fallowing that 5x5 program I posted here. I’ve added some lbs to my lifts but the same routine.

You guys are killing it.
  • jennacole12
    No gif yet, but made it to 290 parallel box squat for 5x5! Feeling great coming back from literally nothing.

Last year at this time my back was wrecked with a bad disc and had sciatica. Rehabbed it for months, then started back at 85 lbs and just slowly added to the 5x5. A couple of deloads.

300 should be soon. Still trying to lose the weight I put on last year while injured (which was a lot lol).

Wow!!!! 290 😳 for 5x5 👏🏻 Great job!!!! I feel you though I used to run distance like 20 + miles at a time but got injured.... I ran the past two days and barely hit a mile, my knee somehow still hurts from the injury years ago, so trying to take it slow it def sucks tho.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    No gif yet, but made it to 290 parallel box squat for 5x5! Feeling great coming back from literally nothing.

Last year at this time my back was wrecked with a bad disc and had sciatica. Rehabbed it for months, then started back at 85 lbs and just slowly added to the 5x5. A couple of deloads.

300 should be soon. Still trying to lose the weight I put on last year while injured (which was a lot lol).

Fantastic work.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member

Nice job!
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,180 Member
    Wow!!!! 290 😳 for 5x5 👏🏻 Great job!!!! I feel you though I used to run distance like 20 + miles at a time but got injured.... I ran the past two days and barely hit a mile, my knee somehow still hurts from the injury years ago, so trying to take it slow it def sucks tho.

Thank you!  Yeah, the injuries we accumulate as we age is wearing.  Taking it slow is the right approach with injuries for sure.  Especially with things like back and knee.  We need those to walk!  Amazing job on all of your strongman stuff, BTW! 
    stljam wrote: »
    Fantastic work.

Thank you!
    Nice job!

Thank you!
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member

Sounds like you're in the right mindset and your results show. You're doing great things!
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    295lb x 1 Bench PR from last week. 31M 6’1” ~175lbs. Been a while since I maxed out and that was after some working sets getting up to 2 x 2 at 275.

2s8ecwxiqr17.jpeg
    kyvfkv6jrsta.gif

You're killing it. That looked easy!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    dsc84 wrote: »
    295lb x 1 Bench PR from last week. 31M 6’1” ~175lbs. Been a while since I maxed out and that was after some working sets getting up to 2 x 2 at 275.

2s8ecwxiqr17.jpeg
    kyvfkv6jrsta.gif

You're killing it. That looked easy!

Thanks, though I think the frame rate on the GIF and the angle is deceiving; watching the video at full res the ascent was glacial and my lower back started to cramp as I got close to lockout. I am happy with it though. I've been cutting since the start of the year and lifts still have been going up. There's an instagram-based virtual competition I'm planning to do in mid-May so I have time to cut for a few more weeks and then shift to maintenance. I think 300 is in the bank and I've got an outside shot at 315 with some luck and extra food for a few weeks.
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,180 Member

2s8ecwxiqr17.jpeg
    kyvfkv6jrsta.gif

Awesome job! Great gym, too!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member

2s8ecwxiqr17.jpeg
    kyvfkv6jrsta.gif

DAMN! That was awesome!